Inside the Q - NFC East Edition

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Oct 5, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

[​IMG]
    *Editors note:I know Vick got traded, couldn't resist the pic*​

In this special edition of "Inside the Q" we take a look at arguably the best division in our league this season, in which each team currently has at least 4 wins. This division is very unique as it is probably the first time an entire division is run by fans of their respective team. So to get some intel on this beast of a division I decided to give a short interview with each owner to get inside the heads of these owners. Without further ado...

[​IMG]
    1) First off tell us how you feel about your division mates?
    All of the guys are straight ballers.. competitors! We have respect for one another's game but hate each other's team! I dig the dudes though... I dig em'! After each game we discuss things that transpired.. Some good stand-up dudes! But make no mistake, we want that 'W' everytime we play them cats.

2) Do you feel being in a division in which every owner has their favorite team adds to the competition?
    Every owner having their favorite team certainly adds more to the competition aspect. We all want to see our teams win these match-ups on gameday in the NFL.. it's no different when it comes to the video game. It almost feels like the success I have in the video game may or may not transfer over on Sundays where it matters for my team for real! So I want to win for that very reason.. like the Bud Light beer commercial.. "It's only weird if it doesnt work!"

3) You were a part of a major 3 team trade which landed you your beloved Redskins, how did that come about?
    Well... of course we all know Zo loves them Eagles... He reached out to me because I happened to pick the Eagles with the 21st pick in the draft, and he let it be known his interest in swapping teams. Zo had the Packers who were a more complete team than the Eagles, but I did not necessarily want to play with the Packers.
    Enter Coach Chris.
    During a scrimmage between the Eagles (Jon) and the Redskins (Chris), it was mentioned by Coach Chris that he would have picked the Packers at #9 had they fallen.
    After a brief discussion between the 3 owners about having the pieces to make the switch happen, it did not take long for the 3 to pull the old “Wishbone Switcheroo” and give a few more people the chance to play with the teams they love or would have picked.

4) You’re currently in last place in the league’s best division but only a few games out of the playoff race. What changes do you feel you need to make so this team can make some noise late in the season?
    This team is definitely a team built to compete and play on a high level. It's just up to me to get the most out of these guys and put them in a better position from start to finish in games. We have to get a handle on throwing with RG3 and cut down the ints. We feel like we can run.. but whenever we pass.... it's trouble! If we can do better on 3rd downs on offensive to extend drives and make teams punt on defensive, we have a shot at winning more games. We have to step it up big time to even think about playoffs.

Eagles - 1
    Giants - 2
    Cowboys - 1

That's 4 tough ass games right there! It's step-up time!
    [​IMG]

I really enjoy being in the same division as these guys. They can talk smack and back it up. But they are very respectful and it just makes the game experience that much more enjoyable. This is a good, solid group of owners who play the game in a way that truly represents what this league is about.

2) Do you feel being in a division in which every owner has their favorite team adds to the competition?
    The fact that we control our favorite teams absolutely adds to the competitive nature of our games. I don't like losing to any of these teams anymore than I like seeing Dallas lose to them during the real season.

3) You currently boast the best QB to WR combo in the league. What has been the secret to Tony Romo and Dez Bryant flat out dominating at times after being out of sync so many times in the past?
    Dez has really matured as a WR. And that really is the difference. His route running has improved. Last year it was so hard for him to get open while this year he has managed to beat man, press, zone and even double coverage. It really is no secret. He just has progressed.

4) You’re currently 1-2 in the division but right in the thick of the playoff race, do you still feel you can win the division?
    It's going to be an uphill battle. The last few games were close wins and it finally caught up with me this week vs the Saints as we imploded as a team and suffered our 3rd loss of the season. Funny thing is, we're a couple of missed plays away from being 8-1 and a couple of breaks away from being 4-5. All we have to do is go out and take care of business. If we do that, the division is within reach.

[​IMG]

To be honest...and not taking anything away from fellow division mates of the past, this slew of maniacs are great to share a division with. We all know each other fairly well so it makes the preperation for each match a little more detailed.

This is hands down a first. The chances of each owner landing there team is very slim. It clearly makes each matchup more intense because we each carry the pride of out team colors. Truly a great time... where at times im making moves that i bite my lip cause i hate to see a Giant go haha

3) You split your series with the Eagles and still have 4 games remaining against the Cowboys and Redskins which will possibly decide which of you make the playoffs. Will a 2-2 split in those games be good enough to make the playoffs?
    I actually have 3 division games remaining. Look back to week 1. Im 1 up on the Boys. But regardless im not confident a split will my squad in. So we have a tough 3 games still to get through. The division is too tough to feel comfortable
    at all lol

4) At 6-3 you’re right in the playoff race but it seems as if your team has been up and down all season. Do you think this team will get it together in time to make a playoff run?
    Your right... inconsistancy has been the teams problem this year. Mainly on the Defensive side of things. Weve done some great things... forced TOs and what not but were just not getting off the field on 3rd downs like we would like too. Also, weve proven to have a top notch offense but have failed to come out strong in the 1st half of games. If we can just tweak some things and stay true to our gameplan, well be fine. Ill be the first to tell you i see this squad in the playoffs but only time will tell.
    [​IMG]

Well. My division is the hardest or one of the toughest divisions on The Q. They all are tuff opponents and veterans. So every game vs them is a tuff one. But Im glad Im 3-1 on my division right now. Hopefully the playoffs can roll thru Philly.

Yess!!! It definetly adds to the intensity of the games. We all hate each others teams so much that every game seems personal. Lol. Wish the standings on The Q reflected real life though. Lol.
    3) You were a part of a major 3 team trade which landed you your beloved Eagles, how did that come about?
    Well I was called up by The Q to manage the Packers. Which was a great team to take over. But after making some calls to some owners I found out that my Eagles were available. After ironing out some specifics and some peer pressure, well it worked out. Shut out to the now Packers owner for making it happen and letting two die hard fans get their teams. First time ever to get my Eagles in a league. So Im gonna do them proud!!!!
    4) You’re currently rolling, with your 1 loss coming to the hands of the Giants, do you feel this team is capable of winning it all?
    My loss to the Giants was a tuff one. I was up by two scores going in to the half and I abandoned my game plan. Even the Giants owner was surprised I did that after talking it over after the game. I lost by 3, but ended up avenging that loss on the rematch and convincingly. James and I know each others game real well so everytime we play we have to come out with somthing totally new for each of us to come out on top. I just hope I dont have to see him again down the road. Lol.
    And the way the Ragles are rolling, even with the loss of McCoy, we can definetly win it all. We just have to take one game at a time. And winning the division title is our first priority. Then anything can happen.

Thank you Curtis for the opportunity to be on The inside The Q edition. Great article and one we always read. Keepem coming.

I'd like to thank Warhawk AKA dreadman CaptMoe cry_havoc and ferocious for being a part of this edition of "Inside the Q". Your participation is what made this great!

• Like Like x 7
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice work guys!

• Like Like x 2
  3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Really looking forward to playing these guys for the next few months.
    Great job, Curtis!!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Curt.. Great idea! Nice work fellas!!!!!!!
    Just as Moe said.... Im looking forward to the battles!!! W.A.R.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

The next few months will certaontlty be a blast... but these next few weeks are closer and will start gettin interesting fast.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job by all involved! Thanks for the great piece!

• Like Like x 2
  7. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Love it Curtis, thanx for making me part of this and Im glad I was able to get it done while out of town. Thanx again. Awesome piece!!!!(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 2