Inside the Q - Team assessments

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Feb 6, 2014.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

[​IMG]
    In this edition of Inside the Q we're gonna try something a little different. Instead of me rambling on about what's currently going on in the league I figured I would switch it up this time and rely on my fellow league mates to chime in. Now of course, this will only be successful if you guys actually participate and I know all of you will not but I hope a majority of you will.

So what I ask from each of you is to simply assess your team throughout the first quarter of the season. You can do it by using the following the following questions i post below as a guideline or you can do it in whatever format you like. A couple of example questions can be something of the following...

What is your goal for your team this season? I.e. make playoffs, win superbowl or just see improvement from last season?

What do you feel your team needs to improve on in order to reach these goals?

Throughout the first quarter of the season, what are your team's strengths?

What are their weaknesses?

Do you feel your team is capable of competing for a playoff spot and/or superbowl berth?

Again, these questions are just used as a guideline for you and you do not have to use them if you want.

LtJustice
    CHUNKNESS
    Michael Overman
    Could one of you guys tag the league? Thanks in advance

*Edit, I plan on doing this again at the end of the season as a sort of "recap" and to see how we all fared*

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]

NY Jets 1st Quarter Review

What is your goal for your team this season? I.e. make playoffs, win superbowl or just see improvement from last season?

Superbowl or bust. Every year it's the same goal, every year I've failed to reach that goal. Nonetheless I still have a great time playing the game.

Become a more consistent team offensively. With a change in talent on offense, the Jets find themselves looking to maintain more balance between run/pass. They also hope to get more big plays from their Star WR and TE, Percy Harvin and Dezrick Carr.

Defense. Aside from one sloppy condition game in week 5 against the Raiders, the defense has been nothing short of smothering.

Offensive consistency, lack of big plays.

Do you feel your team is capable of competing for a playoff spot and/or superbowl berth?

In the last two weeks, the offense has put up a total of 87 points. If they can somewhat keep this up, they will be a hard team to beat. I'm not one to usually blow up the scoreboard on offense though, so we'll see.

• Like Like x 4
  3. thafuture3886

[​IMG]

The goal for me is the same every season. First of all make the playoffs whether it be by winning the division or by wildcard. If i make the playoffs the next goal is to win the Superbowl and anything other than that is deemed a failure.

I'm a firm believer in defense and a strong running game wins titles. Thus far this season both haven't lived up to the standard they have set in the previous 2 seasons and if they do not, the Colts will be fishing early.

The strength of my team I believe lies in the balance of the offense. I like to spread the ball around so the offense doesn't rely on one person all the time and it makes it harder to defend.

Strangely enough it is the defense. With so many new pieces on defense, the unit has not yet played as I envisioned before the season. The secondary is forcing turnovers but the front 7 must stop the run better going forward.

Are we capable? Yes. Will we actually do it is another question. The team has been up and down thus far in the season and will need to display more consistency if they plan on making any noise later in the season.

• Like Like x 4
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Damn Curtis! I love seeing stuff like this. Great job man!

Let's all get involved fellas!

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eddie (pittrocks43)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jeremy (Jeremy)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Karim (@karim)
    Kris (Coach KO)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Reis (Mugga)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

• Like Like x 4
  5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

HOUSTON TEXANS 1ST QUARTER REPORT CARD

Our first and foremost goal is to improve on the previous season's 6-10 record and then be able to make it to the playoffs.

We need to be able to put up much more points than we have been doing and stop giving up so many long drives on defense. We cant seem to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Our strength is in our running game and run defense. Arian Foster may have slowed down at age 31, but has developed into quite the power back. Second year pro Darius Allen can pick up any slack there also. Our team also has always been defined by our defense. Anchored by all-pro JJ Watt and a great 4-some of LBs: Whitney Mercilus, Brian Cushing, Joe Mays, Brooks Reed, our front 7 is a very formidable group. Oddly enough, we seem to play better on the road than at home.

Putting up points and getting off the field on defense. Usually its one or the other in any given game.

Yes we are capable. Even with some guys getting on in years, like Foster and Larry Fitz, they can still bring it every week and as long as we can get consistent play from second year QB Samuel Billi, we can go as far as he takes us.

1ST QUARTER ASSESSMENT: after opening up on the road for the first 3 games, and coming out 3-0, we have decided to stumble to 2 straight home loses heading into the bye week. At the beginning, we had at least hoped to win 1 of those road games, so the 3-0 start was certainly a surprise, but we had also hoped to at least win 1 of those home games.

GRADE: B-

• Like Like x 5
  6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Obviously we have goals to win the NFC West again and even earn a 1st round bye. But our ultimate goal is a Super Bowl Championship. After making it to my first Super Bowl in the 2015 season, I hope to not only make it back, but finish the job this time.

First and foremost, franchise QB Russell Wilson needs to get more consistent. A huge part of that will come with better decision making, where he has struggled at times this season. His receiving staff can go a long way to helping him out by hanging onto the ball when he does get it there. Secondly, but equally important, the secondary needs to start living up to it's pedigree. There is no better collection of talent in the league, yet they continue give up yardage in huge chunks. If the Seahawks are to do anything meaningful this season, they will have to see improved play from Wilson and that vaunted secondary.

Our biggest strength is simply our depth and collection of talent across the board. If I had to single out one area, it would be our running backs. With a 3 headed monster featuring top 10 draft picks Tahj Conley and Vince Kerr, along with veteran Robert Turbin, we feel we have 3 backs who are capable of being feature backs in this league.

Obviously sitting at 5-1 there isn't too much to complain about, but our biggest weakness to this point would have to be game planning, and that falls squarely on me. I need to improve my play calling so as to put this team in the best position to win each and every week.

I think it goes without saying that this team is capable of a return trip to the big game. It is more than fair for the fans to expect it from this group. The onus falls on the players and coaching staff to go out there and perform, and bring the city of Seattle the championship it deserves.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

Tennessee Titans 2017 1st Quarter Review

What is your goal for your team this season?

Our goal this year is to finish strong and win the division. We've struggled as an organization throughout this entire release for the most part, so hopefully this is the year. We would love to bring the Lombardi back to this franchise, but to do that we first have to get into the postseason. We'll take that either way we can get it, either by Wildcard birth or by an AFC South title, but we would be remissed if we didn't say we want that division crown!

Offense, without a doubt. Our defense has held teams to under 17 points in almost every game this season. And yet we're 4-2. We started this season a strong 4-0, but have unfortunately found ourselves in a 2 game slump. So in order for us to reach our goals we quickly have to get our head out of our arses and get things going on the offensive side. With the injury to Geno, it will either be Trett Deverne or Kirk Coursins who will have to lead us.

Before his injury Geno was playing at a decent level. How confident are you that either QB mentioned will be able to keep up his play?

Well Kirk has already had some playing time this season. He's actually won us a game in crunch time. So we know he is more than capable of playing at a high level. Trett, on the other hand, is a young guy who's very inexperienced. The benefit of having him though, is that he can run the same kind of offense as Geno. He's much more mobile than Kirk, and has a decent arm as well. It'll be a tough decision as we go forward, but we feel both can step in and lead this team in some capacity.

Defense. Our defense has been astounding. We gave up some yardage to the Cowboys, but that's only because our pathetic looking offense couldn't stay on the field for more than 3 plays at a time. Outside of that game, our defense has not been broken. Players are making plays on all levels; the line, second level, and the secondary. As long as they stay strong and continue to make plays, we'll have a shot at reaching out goals.

Certainly. Both. Defense wins championships, we all know that. We feel like ours is one of the tops in the league. We're currently 3-0 in our division and face a big matchup with the Colts in a couple weeks. We'll be ready for that one, and our rematches with the Jags and Texans as well. We have over a half a season still to play, so this thing can go either way. All we can do is play to our best and hope we give Titans fans a reason to cheer come late December and into January.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Will update this post when I get home but it's pretty much been like this so far:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Our goal every season is to make the playoffs and make some magic. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the team isnt responding this year. "Eagles you are on the clock......"

We need more consistent play from our QB. We really developed Bram and really thought he turned the corner two seasons ago. However, last year was a so/so year and this year I dont think he could have started any worse. Not to mention Slim not playing up to his potential.

The strength of the team so far this season has been the Linebacking Corp. Picking up Stephen Tulloch shored things up in the middle and allows our linebackers with some position versatility to help out. Kendricks was moved over to OLB to help cover speedy TEs and make plays. Couple with Revis, Cyprien, and Wolf, the defense really should be the strength.

Take a look at the stats and you could easily say that the offense has been mediocre at best and dismal most games this year. We really need to focus on wining the turnover battle. If we do that, we will have a much better chance. Luckily or not, the NFC is still wide open but we need to turn things around in a hurry.

We certainly have the coaching to make the playoffs and superbowl. We need the players to understand that they have a job to do and to perform it well. If we can protect the football, and limit the glitchy plays that happen during the game, we will be fine. While we lost to the Cowboys, we really felt good about the way we played. The passing attack was as potent as its been all season. If we can get McCoy on track, we will be more than fine.

• Like Like x 4
  10. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

What is your goal for your team this season?
    Take things one step at a time. Playoffs are on everyone's mind but, if you don't focus on getting the job done in every game, the playoffs will continue to be something distant.

Staying healthy. At one point we had 6 players out injured. If we don't get things under control in this dept. we'll be putting a lot of pressure on the backups.

The passing game under QB Jimmy Echevaria. His first season as a starter he showed glimpses of his ability with statistically outstanding games. But too often those were followed up by disasters resulting in him leading the league in INTs thrown. But his accuracy has improved tenfold this season. The turnovers are down and the results speak for themselves. This is a draft pick that people in this city will be talking about for a long time.
    Another team strength has been the play of the defensive line. When guys like Jason Hatcher and Anthony Spencer are coming off of the bench for you, it allows you to continue to be aggressive in the 4th qtr.

Our DBs haven't been playing with any consistency this season. They need to step up and bring their A game every single week.

If you had asked me this in the pre-season, I probably would've said we're one or two years away. But, our young players have really stepped up. If they can avoid hitting a wall late in the season this team is very capable of going all the way. Of course, it is an inexperienced group when it comes to the playoffs. But the talent level is there.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

will have mines up a little later....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

The Orlando Sentinels Early Review

[​IMG]

The goal for the newly formed Orlando Sentinels, is to have a strong start as to contrast the losing time spent in Buffalo. The Sentinels did just that firing out of the gates with a division victory against the Jets, and in week two an impressive win against the Bears. The Sentinels currently stand at 3-2, and have their eyes on the playoffs…in some way shape or form.

The Sentinels need to stay competitive with the division. They need to keep the momentum that having a brand new stadium and team has given them. The Sentinels would like to at worst, split with every division member this season.

The Sentinels have Cam Newton and some pretty good targets to go to, but the strength lies on the other side of the ball. The Sentinels have a vast slew of solid veterans on the defensive line. From Cam Wake to Julius Peppers to Marcel Dareus to Kyle Williams...these boys are hungry and they set the stage every game. We are hoping to get more pressure from our front four this year, then ever before.

The Sentinels struggle with consistency. Cam Newton is a game changer, yet the Sentinels have trouble game-planning for his talents/attributes. The Sentinels need to take advantage of the playmakers they have on the offensive side of the ball.

I think this team would be an extreme dark horse for a Super Bowl appearance. That being said, The Sentinels are capable of getting into the playoffs…and once you are in the dance…ANYTHING is possible.

Great Stuff thafuture3886

• Like Like x 3
  13. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]

^^^CAN YOU GUYS SEE MY IMAGE^^^

What is your goal for your team this season? I.e. make playoffs, win Superbowl or just see improvement from last season?
    As always, win the division. Make a run into the playoffs and assure a ticker tape parade to the GMEN fans in early February.

A little more fierceness on defense and a pass rush. We've fared well for the most part but with the personnel that we have, theirs no reason to be sending fear into opposing offenses a little bit more.

The balance on offense for sure. Even with an early injury to David Wilson, Lagarette Blount has stepped up to power the ground attack. The offensive line is a load, as they've been the anchor to lead the way. Ryan Nassib has played well for the most part. The WR's are playing lights out whether there possessing the ball or pancaking defensive backs.

Sadly enough, getting to the QB. Absolutely no reason we should be having this problem...especially with JPP leading the way. I have faith we'll figure it out but it has been the soft spot so far.

Do you feel your team is capable of competing for a playoff spot and/or Superbowl berth?

More than capable. Superbowl or bust. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

[​IMG]

Of course I would like to make the playoffs, but at the rate I'm playing I'll be happy to make .500 this season.

Improve the running game. It has been dismal at best. That, and stop throwing so many damn INT's. I would like to lab more if I could find the time.

As of right now, I'm not seeing much in terms of strengths. We'll re-evaluate 2nd quarter.

Turnovers, drops, and stopping opponents on key drives. Get your damn heads in the game!

At this moment, absolutely not. Practice, practice, practice...

• Like Like x 2
  15. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

[​IMG]

For this season to make another run but only deeper into the playoffs. Most importantly to just improve from the past season, and have fun doing it. Never know when your PS3 could go down stress hits haha.

That's easy stop throwing INT's but so far this early season things been well on that aspect. Defense needs to improve with my team becoming veterans the chemistry is starting to come together with a few additions in the off-season pick ups.

Throughout the first quarter of the season, what are your team strengths?

The passing attack from Matty Ice has been doing well. Julio, Manningham, and Miller definitely makea things smooth.

Besides the usual turnovers Falcons rushing attack hasn't been good since Warrick Dunn days. This season Jacquizz Rodgers has been doing well this is his contract year a lot is on the line here for him.

I can definitely see the falcons making the playoffs, but what's hard to see is the Superbowl. I could be amazed just gotta have faith that Mike Smith will lead our team into the right direction.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

redskinssuck.jpg

This season.... we want to win at the least 3 games..... shit not looking good for us! We want playoffs... we want superbowl... but we looking at things realistically! We want improvement(s) week in.. week out!

Well.. until we stop turning the ball over... we are gonna continue on our downward slope.. We have to get it to the guys that make plays instead of trying to force it to all trying to get ppl involved... Shit just not working for me.

Throughout the first quarter of the season, what are your team strengths?

Strengths... not too much of nothing is a strength of my team right now.... we probably lead the league in ints. I think that's because we try to much to force the throw to ppl who we think are open and can get the upperhand in coverage. NOT! We can run the ball... but we're forced to pass being down and the run game becomes an afterthought. My TE's are about to start seeing the ball more... believe that!

Turnovers on offense..... giving up the big play(s) on defense... Teams running the ball on me like crazy.... supposedly... my CB's dont have high 80's... 90's coverage abilities.... Oh well......... we still here!

You must me joking.... Ha!

GRADE:

D+..... close F

• Like Like x 3
  17. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Team assessment, with a new sheriff in town everyone is playing for their jobs.

The goal in the future is to win a SB, the DEF needs to improve, a lot.

Only played one game, the strength is probably the run game.

Stopping the run

No, not a chance.

• Like Like x 3
  18. thafuture3886

^^^ This guy just joined and is posting a team assessment. Smh

thanks Glen Cieske

• Like Like x 5
  19. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Gotta love that though.

• Like Like x 4
  20. CHUNKNESS

I think it's great to see Glen's analysis! (y)

• Like Like x 3
  21. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

hopefully win the division. We've had two different division winners thus far so why not the Chiefs this year?

Special Teams and secondary. Getting lit up in both facets had cost us in two games already.

Throughout the first quarter of the season, what are your team strengths?[/I][/B][/COLOR]

Running the ball and forcing turnovers.

See above comment

No. If I get to the playoffs, TJ or Curtis will take me out.

GRADE:

B

• Like Like x 3
  22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Goal is to be competitive consistently.

Stay healthy, adjusting to shitty servers, no tunnel vision, stop over thinking and just play.

Lost my newly drafted franchise QB. Pead shows promise, and Serratos is Devin Hester like on Special Teams. Quinton Turner shows promise and Jacoby was looking like a beast prior to being lost to injury. Defense is still suspect, especially run defense. No matter what plays I call, we still don't get it done. We have no stregths at this point really.

Defense, converting on 3rd and longs, consistency.My game is full of weakness, but it's all good, I play for fun, hobby.

Playoffs?!? Pfff, I just hope we can win a game!

BF4Life

• Like Like x 4
  23. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]

At this point it is to find some identity in the running game. At 1 win so far the playoffs are out of reach, but we would like to at least build some momentum going forward. The goal is to not finish last in the division at this point.

IMPROVE ON DEFENSE!!! Our defense has put in as much effort as the picture above, and it's time some of these guys stand up and show why they are starters in the NFL. There have been some major disappointments so far, but we are hopeful that a new approach on defense will help things turn around. We need to get off the field on 3rd downs defensively as that has been a killer for this team so far.

None that I can think of. Drew Brees has been nice to have, a gun slinger who can spread the ball around for when the team is down in games. Other than that, nothing has stood out.

Running the ball, stopping the pass, getting pressure on opposing QBs, forcing turnovers. I could go on but those are the things that immediately come to mind.

Next question please.... :)

• Like Like x 3
  24. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Sorry fellas I've been down and out for over a week now battling an unreal cold (this shit is nasty) and been dealing with some personal shit for over 3. I'll try to post something up by tomorrow regarding the Pack!

• Like Like x 3
  25. CHUNKNESS

Sorry to hear it Chris. I hope you feel better soon! Kick that shit in the ass SON!