Insomniacs

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Kasper, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Insomniacs

I know I'm not the only one, but I can never fall asleep before like 2 since I've gotten to college. Wheres the other guys like me on this site? I see there are some at the bottom of the main forum page haha!

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

That is me for sure. I start off the first couple of weeks getting to bed at a decent time (around Midnight), then after that first late night of homework I have a terrible sleep schedule for the rest of the semester. Usually involves going to bed after 2, waking up in the morning for class and taking at least one nap at some point before practice. It probably wouldn't be a problem if I would just stop procrastinating and do my homework at a decent time! Lol.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

See I dont do homework, I kinda just bs until about 2 or 2:30 :/

no class til 1 tomarrow though so no big deal

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I've got class a program due at 9 and a test at 10, and I just started working on them at 11:30. And by working on them I mean browsing TF and Facebook and every once in a while going back to the homework lol. After that test at 10 though I can take a nice long nap, which I definitely plan to do.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I just woke up. Off to work!!

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If it makes ya feel better Hova I'm watching South Park.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I battled insomnia for years and years. In junior high and high school, I was going to bed at 11pm, but tossing and turning and not falling asleep till 4 or 5 (nights are long, let me tell you) then having to wake up at 630 for school. This is all while I was playing sports and doing extracurricular stuff, so I was exhausted every night, but unable to sleep. You get used to it eventually, I guess. I finally cured it by smoking weed, now I stay up till 1 or 2 instead of 4 or 5, and sleep feels better I guess. Either way, I still wish I could be like my dad and hit the hay at 9 and be up at 430, but I wasn't wired that way.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

And fuck ya to South Park. That show and It's Always Sunny are the only shows I need to watch every new episode of.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I jsut watch it on netflix, probably wont even bother buying cable.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

The joys of free cable...don't ask me how I did it, I just plugged my TV into the wall, and voila! 70 channels. But I don't watch TV at all, other than sports, sunny, and south park.

Netflix on the 360/PS3 is the best invention of our time

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Agreed, for $9 a month you can't do better...

Plus I found out how to watch and game I want online and can just run an HDMI out of my laptop to the TV so its like everything I would want from cable.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ya I have that setup as well...I just get stoned at night and browse the web on my huge TV...technology is crazy...

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right on man, I could use a sleep aid myself I think. I always fall asleep within 20 minutes of smoking unless i'm somewhere social.

14. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I'm a night owl too, but it's mostly because it's the only time I have to myself. After work, it's family time till the kids go to bed. I sacrifice sleep for gaming time :)

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

My mom's always told me it's the genes. She's a night owl, and my dad's an early riser. I'm a lot like my mom (facial features, personality, etc.) and am a night owl. My brother is like my dad (looks like him, sounds like him, acts like him) and he gets up early as fuck every morning. Life's weird man

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

BadaBing! saw you online, was gonna drop you a message and see how ya been.

And yeah policeman I got everything from my dad I'm told.

17. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I am insomniac and also have Sleep Apnea so since i have custody of my 3 kids i am afraid to sleep.

18. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Also usually don't go to sleep till after 2am & then I have to get up @ 7am to get my daughter up for school.

NDColts, I also have sleep apnea. Very bad to. Did a sleep study a few weeks ago & they said I stop breathing several times that nite. They said it might be because of my tonsils(which they said are very enlarged). So I'm surgery in about 3 weeks to remove them to see if that helps. You might want to look into that. Just some info for ya.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'm usually up until 2-4am just because I take a nap during the day between classes and then I catch a second wind during the night. Plus Im alone so all I have is the TV and both consoles to keep me sane...

ND and JK have you tried that thing they try to sell that looks like a mouthpiece that opens up your airflow? Does it only affect you all if your laying and sleeping on your back?

20. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

5:52 am cst and I'm still up bitches!

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You'll impress me when you get a job and kids and still manage the same routine.

I typically go to bed between midnight and 1 AM, get back up at 5:30 AM.

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

(y)

23. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I'm the same way. I go to bed about 1 or 2 in the morning, and wake up at 6:30 to get ready for my classes at 7. I get home about 2 and then take a nap-nap and do my homework.

24. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Yea I did that during my sleep study & they seen great improvement when I wore it for the night, but I found it uncomfortable to sleep with over my nose. You have to sleep on ur back with & I rarely sleep on my back.

If this surgery doesn't work, then the airflow machine is the last resort. The doctor says it comes in a smaller version than the 1 I had on during the sleep study, so we will see.

25. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i tried that thing. it was bullshit. and it actually made the snoring worse because it added a weird plastic whistling sound lol.

plus it fucks with your jaw. i was getting headaches from my jaw being in a weird position all night.