1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Instant Classic: Texas - Nebraska

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Aug 29, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Instant Classic: Texas - Nebraska

I wish we had more board material from this game. From what I've seen online, I'm sure it was a ton of fun to play, even through it was a heart-breaker for the Cornhuskers. There's some great video coverage, too, but what's up with the Texas coach putting up only two video replays? <anger> C'mon, man, step up your game!

Anyway, I'd like to hear from the players a bit more. So, here are some questions:

1) Did you expect to win going into the game?

2) What was your game-plan entering the contest?

3) How successful was your game-plan? Any adjustments made?

4) What was the biggest turning point of the game?

5) Nebraska, biggest regret?

6) Texas, how's it feel to be champs?

Edit: AG, please save the title of this thread.

2. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

I had an upload failure error. I will try to reupload.

I thought if my defense improved, I should win. Unfortunately, my defense did improve, but so did his.

I try to get my running game going to start the game. however, when i went away from my running game, i became too predictable and that hurt me.
    once i realized that i was veering away from my game plan, i went back to my running game and it eventually opened up my pass.
    i think neb had a cruical 3rd down in the red zone. fortunately, zac lee misfired on a pass.

i felt i got lucky to win this game, losing the TO battle 3-1. definitely breathed a sigh of relief after the clock hit 0:00. now i'm nervous to see the results of the va. tech vs. fsu game. go FSU!!!!

3. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Thanks, Bruce!

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

1) Did you expect to win going into the game?
    Absolutely, We've been playing some great ball since the last time we played them.

2) What was your game-plan entering the contest?
    Roy Helu Jr. And smart passing decisions.

3) How successful was your game-plan? Any adjustments made?
    I think the game plan was pretty successful. Roy had 139 yards rushing.

4) What was the biggest turning point of the game?
    3 rd down on our last drive. We had Neal Paul wide open on a slant in the endzone and Zac Lee just over shot him. We score a TD to go up 10 there and we win the ball game, instead we settled for a field goal and the rest is history.
    5) Nebraska, biggest regret?
    2 really, We had a shot to take the lead before halftime and the official didn't see me calling the time out. I had my finger on the select button at 4 seconds left and it never called the time out. Then on our last 2 drive I got too conservative in the red zone. But give all of the credit to Texas, Bruce turned up the D when we couldn't. The 2 best on-line games that I have played have come against Bruce.

6. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

the neb TE torched me the whole game.