Intentionally Throwing Games/Seasons

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Now - I expect this to be a fairly hot topic of discussion considering last season I rarely played my games, in hopes of securing a better draft pick. Personally, I don't care. That much is obvious - otherwise I wouldn't have done it last season. Collectively my guess is we'll all have a different viewpoint on it. I want to open discussion about it because we clearly have some teams doing that this season - whether that is because I did it so they feel like they can now or not, I can't say.

Regardless, I think its time to make a decision on it. How do we monitor it - how do we punish it - those types of questions need answers.

Emmdot's initial plan was to give people 3 strikes - 3 games that you can miss then you're toast. I don't have that strict of a stance, after all people do miss games sometimes but if we are going to do something about it there needs to be consequences to missing games. Or maybe theres a way we can punish teams if we suspect that they are intentionally losing or missing games - maybe once we see a pattern THEN we take action?

I dont know what the answer is but I figure nows the time to have a discussion about it.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I dont understand anyones motivations for throwing a game or season. It isnt like we are going to play 10 seasons or anything...

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

3 strikes per season and your ass it OUTTA THERE

4. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

didn't you miss a bunch of games last season

5. Hova

ya cuz assholes played the CPU without askin me. I played the last 3 games of the season and missed the playoffs.

6. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Thats funny I was pissed over the exact opposite of this posting.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lets try to avoid making this personal - lets stick to what we think should happen and how we're going to police it.

8. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

But if you were signed into the league or notified the other teams on your schedual that would not have happened.

9. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

If someone can not play their game than they should have to post a valid reason for not being able to play. Punishment should be lost of a praft pick or something like that.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

haha Scot, I wish you would proofread some your posts sometimes lol

11. Hova

they played right after advance, I joined up and it was already played

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

That is a problem to me, because in the Army, we do go to the field and I am gone for weeks at a time, so I have the good chance to miss more than 3 games.

As for people throwing games, I mean I try to play as best I can in it, but quite frankly a lot of you guys are better than me. I don't get a lot of practice nor do I really want a ton of practice but I'm just not very good. But I enjoy the game and just have fun with it. I try to make the best of it.

13. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Your right. I corrected it. you know I can not type or spell worth a shit.

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

haha oh I know

15. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

You do not strike me as someone that throws games. You always post letting others know that you will be away and for what reasons.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think a lot of it will rely on communication.

17. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

How could you not understand it? The draft is the most important part of building a NFL team in real life, and in Madden. Winning 3 games opposed to 8 games is a big difference in the order in which you pick. Now NFL teams don't do it because money is involved. It's a billion dollar business. No matter what teams gotta find ways to win and keep the interest level up so they will sell. It's about money. Take that away, and we would have teams throwing games left and right. In Madden money doesn't exist. There are no fans and we don't have to sell anything, so thats why it has happened.

I don't think teams should throw everything starting from week 1. But late in the season if there are a couple teams that are out of it I don't see a problem with them letting the games be simmed or what not. If half the league was throwing games from week 1 then yeah thats a problem but I don't think that's the case.

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah i havent won a game. Tried to stay competitive in alot but i had no fa season and not much talent. I cant user control and hit the perfect gap every time like some can in here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Because it defeats the purpose of spending time with and competing in the league to begin with. If I was thinking of throwing games, I would just never play. I also have a sense of self pride not to do such a thing...

You get a slightly better player, last years draft was deep enough, that almost all 1st rounders were studs. The fun and appeal to these leagues is playing your games, when you throw a season you are basically wasting a big % of the league and your time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Everyone misses from time to time. But if you are intentionally throwing games at any point then you should reconsider WTF you are doing playing on TSO. I think it ends up creating problems (as Keller knows). So I would prolly say if you miss 3 in a row then you should resign from the league. The name of the game is competiveness..

• Like Like x 1
  21. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

you can always trade away draft picks for players like i do.

22. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Well not everyone is like you. I play to build the best team possible and to win a championship. Thats whats fun for me. I personally think this years game is terrible, and I really don't enjoy playing the actual games too much. I get enjoyment from the competitive atmosphere and by building up the best possible team that will result in wins and a championship.

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Lol then why not join a gm based lg instead of play your game lg

24. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

You can even have all 7 rounds of my draft picks. Ill build through the FA market and try to field a competitive team that way. It wouldnt hurt my feelings in. I have been competitive in a few games this year. 49ers comes to mind as one i almost came back but couldnt finish it off. Lost in ot a couple times and lost going for win with pick 6 very late in the game

• Like Like x 1
  25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    So you throw games... To build. ..then play when your team is great?