Interceptions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by JSimms, Dec 12, 2011.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Is it just me, or is this year's Madden REDICULOUS when it comes to how many INT's there are thrown per game? I would like to get other people's thoughts because I have yet to play with an elite QB (have only played this year's game with Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Matt Flynn and Christian Ponder.) I just played the Panthers, held them to under 100 total offensive yards in the game, and lost 28-2 due to 8 (yes, that is eight) interceptions thrown, 4 by each quarterback (Kaepernick and Flynn). My opponent played man in EVERY passing situation, and it seemed like his corners were running the routes. A couple were bad throws, but most were not. Does anyone know what attribute leads to a QB throwing more INT's?? Is it AWR? THA? I'm a decent Madden player, and can say that I have never thrown 8 picks in one game before like that. I now have like 18 picks in 4 games??? Just venting a little bit here, but wondering if others are seeing unrealistic INT statistics (as it seems to be the case when looking at QB stats throughout the league.)

One other complaint - I thought we got rid of the cheese QB sneak play?? My last opponent, on 2 different occasions ran a goal line QB sneak (which is impossible to stop.) Just wondering if this is legal...if so, I plan on incorporating it back into my 4th and inches playbook....

Love,
    JSimms

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

It's the Indian not the arrow ;)

This is what sets us apart from elite qbs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I have Peyton Manning and I threw the most (or second most?) INTs last year.

The CPU is just too aware. They need to fix defensive AI and WR interaction next year so the AI doesn't have to cheat to be competitive. The defender runs the route better than the receiver, or the DB cuts off his man/zone at the exact moment you throw the ball and runs straight for where the ball is heading, the DBs making a play on the ball without every turning their head, super LBers, defenders impeading a route and not getting flagged for interference, etc, all that shit needs to be gone.

If they don't make an attempt at rectifying that stuff next year as well as making a real online franchise mode I'm not buying Madden for the first time in like 8 years.

I'm tired of it too but at least its a level playing field. You'll have games like that sometimes, just gotta roll with the punches dude.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm sorry, but this is grossly inaccurate. I mixed up my coverages, heavily. Cover 2, Cover 2 sink, Cover 4, Cover 6, cover 3, Cover 1 man, Cover 2 man, and throw in a lot of zone blitzes as well, from a few different bases. I think it's you, not the game. If you throw it to a guy who is well covered what do you expect? Your QBs are probably not that accurate as well. Of course you 'held' me to a limited number of offensive yards, I didn't have to do much with 8 interceptions (and 2 or 3 were pick sixes I think).

I called the QB sneak twice I believe, both times with inches to convert. I've got Cam Newton for one, he broke the record in real life for rushing TDs for a QB. Of course I'm going to use him. Keller let me know if the QB sneak is banned, I had no idea if so and apologize; I won't use it anymore if that is the case.

You went for it on 4th down in the second quarter from your own 30 or so with a few yards to convert a first. You were down 0-14. I would call that unsim, but you didn't convert it anyway. By then you had thrown 2 or 3 picks, and honestly I wasn't too worried about you winning. I have had horrible games where I throw 7 INTs, but I have never gone and posted it's the CPU or my opponent was cheesing by calling only MAN coverage (which kind of proves you can't read coverages, as I called at least 50-60% zone). Maybe you should evaluate your QBs and decision making before trying to find someone or something else to blame. Over half of them were user picks, and I mean you threw them right to my defender.

antcap24 can ateast that I use a lot of zone, and mix it up (he can read coverages). bringbackjimmy worked me all day with his passing game. I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate being called out with the subtle jabs. I pride myself on sim play.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I've noticed that the defenders drop alot of INTs of the elite QBs and catch the majority of the INTs vs crappy QBs. Idk if its an accuracy or awareness thing but i dont usually drop INTs vs QBs such as Kaepernick, Locker, Dalton, Mallett, Alex Smtih, Rex Grossman, John Beck, Cam Newton, Christian Ponder, Vince Young, ETC. But i do have alot of dropped INTs vs Drew Brees Tom Brady Payton Manning etc.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Very much this.

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I think we all have seen a spike in INTs. I think a lot has to do with the margin of error. Last year you throw a bad pass, you got away with it very often. This year... almost always a pick(regardless of QB).

Zone defenses work much better this year in the aspect that the zone defender will cover the man in their zone until he leaves their zone rather than just an area.

They definitely even the playing field when it comes to the ability for the defense to get INTs when they have the ability to catch them. Last year I would easily drop 2 to 3 easy INTs a game. This year that is just not happening as often.

As far as fuzzyl0gic gameplay goes...

I will vouch that he does mix up his coverages well. I tend to take a few coverage sacks with him due to his ability to change it up. I obviously was not watching your game verse Simms but if you played like you normally do, he should not have seen all man coverage.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Stafford has more turnovers than the pillsburry dough boy

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its a combination of things....

I feel like momentum is huge in these year's iterations (both NCAA and Madden). If you throw a pick early, bad things keep happening.

I also agree with Gngsta that the overall QB talent plays a role in the formula about whether or not the defense will pick off a pass. Good QB's just seem to get "luckier" or something in that regard. Thats just my opinion of course.

Finally, with the pass defense being better in general, you tend to get away with less than you have in years past.

Trust me, I've thrown tons of picks with Mallet. Some poor decisions, some BS, some just great plays by the defense. Regardless, my Bills aren't going anywhere until I can continue to upgrade the roster. Here comes another top 10 draft pick!

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I have noticed on all pro there are more ridiculous interceptions. You wouldn't think that's the case but all madden > all pro

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hmmm never heard this but I'm stealing it

12. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Fuzzy - didn't mean to call you out; was just venting because of how much I hate this year's game. For the record, you did mix up your defensive play calling well (and I meant to say zone, not man!) And I went for it on 4th down because of the QB sneaks, which I was under the impression were banned from this year's gameplay in our league. Someone please let me know if this is not the case, as I would like to incorporate them back into my short yardage gameplan. And to also clarify, 80% of the picks were NOT user picks (only one was if I remember correctly), and if you don't want to give my D any credit, that's fine but you and I both know that my D was stingy all game. Best player on your team = SF QB's...should have drafted one, FML.

13. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Try Looking at the Sliders also, I play with my int sliders at 35, which i get a nice mix of drops and Int's on bad overthrows. might want to investigate the sliders. If they are at 50 of course yr going to throw 8 picks in one game. Cpu's reading you the entire game. plus this is Madden, Talent level is Jacked up compared to Ncaa. Decisions have to made quicker then in Ncaa.

Funny how people complain when they lose a game and chaulk it up to Cheese by the opponent via Cpu/Human. I've taken many losses in Both Games and all i try to do is learn from it and move on. Try recording yr game also and look back at it. treat it as game film for the next game and learn from the mistakes.

Hope this Helps

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You cant change OF sliders unfortunately

15. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

That sucks, maybe they'll fix that for the next release.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

We can only hope, we were wanting it for this years version, but I guess we take what we can get

17. Keller

Pipe dreams

18. Keller

There is currently no rule for QB sneaks. As with all things, everything in moderation.

19. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

nothing wrong with a sneak in moderation if the play calls for it

ive thrown an average of 6 picks a game with tom brady but thats just poor choice from me not the game lol

20. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I Don't think there is nothing wrong with Qb sneaks its not abusing AI i ran one against EMM in last seasons game and he stopped it. Int's are up in this years Madden. Last season I threw 6 int's in a game. I have been playing Madden for years and never have thrown more than 3 Int's in a game until this years Madden. I kind of like it because it makes the game more challenging and makes you think more and game plan instead of just calling plays. I do not like the LBS getting a bunch of pisc though. I think it would be more real if they batted the ball down. So far this season I have been able to keep my picks down. I switched my playbook for the 4th time and it seems to be helping.

21. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Guess you are forgetting all those games when I would pick you off 5 times and beat you by 35

22. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

what when have you picked me off 5 times and beat me by 35

23. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I am talking about Madden not NFL 95 or what ever that game was.

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

How many maddens have there been now?

25. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

We have only played a handfull of games since the early days of Madden. You won last years game
    But the rosters were way uneven. Prior to that game I won and you have been to scared to playever since. Jump on now and lets see who beats who.