Interest in a Madden League?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Aug 19, 2012.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Ill be the commisioner of it and invite whoever wants to join from this dynasty. It'll be casual and wont require board posts and all that, but I think it would be fun to do one alongside this dynasty.

2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If/when I get the game, I'd be up for it.

3. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

I haven't gotten the game in like 3 years, Ive been thinking about picking it up but haven't decided yet. Just never kept my attention like NCAA.

4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I don't usually get through many seasons in franchise mode myself, but now that offline and online dynasty have the same features and whatnot, I think it would be fun to play with a bunch of users we're all familiar with. I know chopper393 , kmaxhokie , footballfan952 , Roggie , Cgreen214 , xSavedByGracex , YoungC_804 and I'm sure a few others at least try the game every year, so it's something we could definitely do if there's enough interest.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

I havent played madden in yrs but I may get it this yr so I may be down for a madden dynasty as long as I get my 49ers lol

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Well in case we get this started I'm taking my Bengals, lol.

7. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I'm down for it. I guess ill go with my vikes(could def be challenging) haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

I am down I'll take the Dolphins!

• Like Like x 1
  9. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Idk if I'll do it or not because I already have 2 OD's for NCAA and a 3rd will be overwhelming in Madden possibly, but in case I change my mind I stake my claim in the Patriots

10. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm sure you'll play your fair share of Madden. It's not like I'll require forum posts and all the shit we do here. I'll still probably advance every 3 days, but nothing will be required out of anyone except playing their games.

11. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

Still not sure if Im going to get the game but I will reserve the Cowboys

12. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Madden is out early for anyone who has Season Ticket...I'll be giving the game a try tomorrow to check it out and see if I like the new "Connected Careers" aka Franchise Mode.

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Madden is solid. The new scouting feature is weird, though. I'm not a fan at all of how it works, at least in season.

14. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

How noticeable is the infinity engine? I didn't really feel a big difference in my limited time with the demo

15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I find myself laughing at all the people falling over other guys. You can tell it's the first year of it.

16. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Ya, but I still think it is a step in the right direction. I did have Percy Harvin basically roll over a guy, not be called down and went for a few more yards which was cool to see.

17. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

From what I've seen so far, Connected Careers is pretty awesome. There's a ton of depth to how progression and stuff works. It's actually kind of overwhelming because I've just been so used to how bare bones Franchise has been in past Madden games.

The gameplay is very good. Feels like a more polished NCAA. I like the physics engine. Of course it has its quirks, but it's still a welcome addition. Definitely looking forward to playing Online Connected Careers, whether it be with you guys or elsewhere. The NFL Draft is an absolute blast IMO.

18. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I need some talking into to go out and get madden, so yall be sure to post up your opinions. I just never seem to keep playing it. The demo was just OK to me

19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Considering it's never had a very good "Online Dynasty" mode, I can agree that I haven't played too many seasons in Madden. Last year was the most I've played it in awhile. I think this year that since the Franchise mode is now on the same level as offline and has all the options and whatnot, it could be really fun competing with one another in games, free agency, the NFL Draft, etc.

The retail is better than the demo as well, I'd say. A bit more polished.

20. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I never touched the demo. But the depth of Franchise mode has changed me from a "just don't care" to a "I'm getting it unless Guild Wars 2 steals all my gaming time"

21. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

22. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I might go pick it up today...still deciding though....ill have a for sure answer by tomorrow. What team should I be? Jets/Falcons/Seahawks....ive narrowed it down to 3

23. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Scratch Falcons and replace with chargers

24. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If YoungC doesn't get Madden, I'm switching to the 49ers.

25. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Be an AFC team. We're lacking those at the moment.