Interesting Mid season stuff

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Interesting Mid season observations

Since we're (mostly) at the midway mark, I wanted to toss a couple of cool things out there that I've noticed. Please toss in some things of your own that I haven't noticed.

1. Heisman: FSU's HB is #1 in the running so far (congrats Amp!). That's the only user player though. What's up with that Bradford and Tebow?!? I expect you two to turn it up a notch in the 2nd half and get back into the running! I was suprised that there weren't more user HBs in the race since we all are running the ball very efficiently so far.

2. Penn State has been a BEAST so far in the Big Ten. They're 6-0. They've scored 251 points (42 PPG) and the next closest Big Ten team is Raz's Badgers with 221 (37 PPG). On top of that, they've only allowed freakin' 37 points (6 PPG). The next closest's is AG's silver guys with 66 which is more than respectable, but still almost double what the Nittany Lions have give up. Unfortunately, I don't think they play Raz, but they play both AG and myself so I'm hopeful that they'll beat at least one of us (they already beat me in my offline dynasty, but that uses drastically different sliders so they probably can't be compared). I play them in 2 weeks and I'll be without Forcier, and very possibly without Minor, so it'll be very tough.

3. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think there are only about 7 or 8 undefeated teams left. In my offline dynasty, I think I still have about 15 undefeated teams!

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've been watching Penn State. They're burning up the recruiting trail, too, at least on my board.

I'm at Penn State - should be a good one. That, and the ND-USC game this week should tell us a bit about where we are with our sliders. If we win going away, we'll have to up it a notch.

And now that passing is more available, and I finally have a playbook I'm in love with, TP might just make a run. I feel a couple big games coming on.

AG

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Im getting burned on alot of close user games. Always make that one mistake that cost's me big time in the end. Dwyer was having a nice year until a cheap shot by of the FSU thugs put him on the shelf for a week. UMM...Las Vegas bowl here I come!!

4. jello1717

Do tell!

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    This.............

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Bradford is on his way back onto the Heisman Top 5 list...After I put up some big numbers on Texas this week, he'll vault back onto everyone's lists.

7. jello1717

So this is going on the assumption that Texas won't throttle you? I know that they're from the same state, but the last time I checked, Texas and Baylor weren't the same team.:partynanas::elephant::sheep::wickywicky: :runpuppy: :bangnana:

LMAO! That last one, judging by the animation and the name (bangnana) is a banana being violated by another banana. Now if that's a male or female that's getting raped, I guess is up for interpretation.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Tebow put up 250 and 3 tds (0 int) on the Razorbacks. I doubt that gets him back up there though.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Good post Jello. We need more chatter like this.

I'm curious to hear what playbook AG is running with now. It's funny, as much as I hated it in prior years, I'm actually really liking the ND playbook this year. Last year I ran 4-5 formations, but really only about 3 on a regular basis. This year, I've got 5 or 6 already that I like, and I run them all about equally. My system isn't nearly as efficient as last year (and I don't think it will be based upon some subtle differences in the way the defense plays this year), but hopefully I'll be more versatile.

I'll say this about AMP's RB leading for the Heisman (again). Anyone can win a Heisman by putting up 300 yards against FIU. I don't know what he did vs Miami and GTech, but if his guy comes out and puts up 150-200 and 2-3 td's in a win against Basis/Florida, I'll be first in line to congratulate. User-won Heismans need to be backed up with big user games to be legit.

Is Dwyer going to be back in time for the ND-GTech game? I'm guessing yes, hoping no... ;)

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

300 yards rushing against FIU is over the top for the amount of carries, but honestly, FIU blows so that final number doesn't really bother me.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Give me time, I'll blow it somewhere in the next 3-4 weeks.:D

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

If you do, you'll probably just restart the game...Ha! Had to do it Amp...You set it up too perfectly. :p