Interesting Slider Set

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Interesting Slider Set

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...speed-varsity-level-custom-skill-sliders.html

If you haven't already tried these, give'em a go. I was a big fan of them last year, and I just played a couple of games with them a little while ago. I played with them at their toughest (there are ranges for some categories, and I set CPU at the highest, and mine at the lowest) and had some good results. I didn't see anything too terrible, other than a couple of dropped passes I thought my guys should have had.

If you can, play as the favorite, even, and as an underdog. I was able to run, but it wasn't easy. I could pass, but the D was tight and a few got away from me (reasonable - TP is no Joe Montana). I got sacked a couple times, I made mistakes in the passing game, and I hit the occasional big play. It was no cake walk, that's for sure.

Post your thoughts. Thanks.

2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

these were the first sliders i used and they are the best yet

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

bump - I'm hoping to launch pretty soon, so we should probably start making some decisions.

Also, we haven't decided on quarter length, so we might want to talk about that, too. I'd like to go with something that gives us approx. the same number of plays as the real thing, if that can be done.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I usually play my offline dynasty's at 7 min's. The other OD I'm in has 7 Min's. I usually get realalistic stats. As Kent State last game in the OD I had 60 yards passing and 30 yards rushing against the Buckeyes, which I would say is pretty close to reality. Plus I suck at this game this year.

I'll try a game or 2 with the sliders when I get home from work tonight.

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I've been playing 7min it seems to def run a few too plays. 8min seems great but long games. don't care. whatever is most realistic.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd like to play eight minutes for the stats and realistic number of plays, and because I like a longer game if it's the only one I'm going to play for a couple of days.

My reason for the sliders has to do with a couple of things: 1) We're kind of accustomed to success on offense, mostly due to the shorter quarters. We score more points than a real game, and do it in fewer drives. And 2) I like the D-Line play this set provides. There were times (not many, but some) when the DT just flat out beat my OL and got in the QB's face quick. Also, I was able to run inside, but guys got off blocks faster and, while I had more success shaking them, I needed to do so more often. Running was more frustrating, but more fun. And when I did break one, it was sweeter.

And I actually punted and played field position. I never get to punt :D

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

These are cool. I am ready to get this thing rocking!!