Interesting stat......

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

After losing another game this season because my WRs & TEs like to drop wide open passes, I wanted to compare everyones drop passes to mine up to Week 10:

Wake: 27
    Baylor: 18
    BC: 12
    Duke: 9
    KSU: 14
    Missouri: 12
    Ole Miss: 24
    South Carolina: 28
    Texas: 11
    Virginia: 18
    Miss St: 32

And Kentucky......Drum roll please........[​IMG]

A FUCKING WHOPPING......70!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is a fucking piece of shit!!!!!

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

well, at least it's a sexy drumroll.

Can you attribute it to ratings (QB acc, WR cth, awr, catch in traffic)?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    All my guys are slow tall guys that can catch.

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

70? Wow. I'm not surprised I'm 3rd. The bums I have can't catch a pass if they are the only ones on the field

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Just looked @ my WRs CTH:

My #1 WR Rick Keith has 79 CTH & has only dropped the ball 4 times this season.
    My #2 WR Chris Hall has 60 CTH & has dropped the ball 25 times this season.
    My #3 WR Reynaldo Smith has 63 CTH & has dropped the ball 24 times this season.
    My TE Greg Moore has 67 CTH & has dropped the ball 12 times this season.

The rest of my WRs & TE, no1 has over 67 CTH(with the exception of FR TE Jared Stewart, who has 77 CTH, but his OVR 43 so he is not seeing the field anytime soon).

So I guess the problem is my WRs & TEs CTH ability. I will recruit next season to solve this problem.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

wow.... 60 catch? yeah that is accurate...

7. theSANDMAN215

How does Missouri only have 12 drops, I thought he was running that Pass Heavy stuff. I'm thinking he's brought over a game genie or something.

8. theSANDMAN215

Missouri's practice ...

[​IMG]

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Look at his WRs.

10. JrRawlins

yeah his group of WRs are pretty nice.... they all grew in that system so they are experienced and used to gettin the ball alot....short easy throws from a highly accurate QB means few drops...

11. GoGators

There's a lot of truth to this. With Gabbert injured the last couple games, Hunt and Lucas have dropped a bunch of balls from backup QB Hill that they'd normally catch if Gabbert was throwing it. I'm thinking QB accuracy may also play into the catch/drop phenomenon.

12. GoGators

Also, the game plays incredibly different with a 78 accuracy QB vs a 99 accuracy QB.

13. theSANDMAN215

yea there's no doubt the WRs will drop balls because of the QB ACC being low, which sucks. The QB, if he has a low ACC, should be throwing balls low, high, wide, deep, short, or for INTs. The WRs should not drop balls because the QB ACC is low. It's basically, recruit crap at WR, and just recruit a stud QB and you will be fine, which is not the way it should be in this game.

14. theSANDMAN215

yeah, teams should play different, but where the game screws up is with a 78 accuracy QB, he shouldn't be getting all his balls to his receivers compared to a 99 accuracy QB. The 78 QB should be throwing balls low, high, wide, short, etc. Where EA Sports makes it frustrating, is if you have a stud WR with amazing catch ratings, only to drop 30% of balls thrown to him because his QB has a bad accuracy rating. Sure, a 99 catch guy in real life is going to drop some balls, but the game needs to incorporate the ability for QBs to just throw bad passes instead of just having the WRs drop passes.

15. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

why have a cth slider if it's all dependent on your qb acc? EA just can't make a true realistic game and i think it's because they have sliders. They just go in and say we don't have to be perfect, because ppl can just go in and make it the way they want it. I wish that ratings will once actually matter with no sliders at all. I want my CB with high 80's awr 97prc 99mc 97 zc to be blanketing his WR not have to worry about him taking a gatorade break in middle of a play or running to their endzone while a crappy WR stops on a hook route. I don't want to have to see the cpu run my WR route better than he does. in no way shape or form should a 78 QB with his best WR being a 82 should pass for 70% while throwing 50+ passes... I really just want them to stop lying to us with this crap ratings matter, because they don't. They should just come out and say the truth "some ratings matter the rest you can find a happy medium with sliders good luck yall".

16. JrRawlins

Im not sure what 78 accuracy QB's you guys are playing with, but anytime my guy Tucker, (78 throwing power, 76 accruacy) throws a pass it is a crapshoot one pass will be pinpoint.... the next throw could hit a fan in the bleeds.. there are throws i have no idea where they are going.... then if he does hit a guy on the hands, the guy will drop it....

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Yeah, I have a 70 something QB ACC, and its not that his passes are always off, but throws to the sidelines can reach the stands and deep posts usually carry. Also, you better not even attempt to aim your pass a little bit. I tried to lead my WR a little this year, and it hasn't worked once.

THere is no doubt that QB acc has more to do with Catch rating than any other attribute in my opinion. It should be noted that Brett Brown my TE, has had more drops than any other player on my team regardless of the QB.

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You have to use your imagination a bit. You have to assume that some of those dropped passes are hitting the guy in the ankles, behind his head, behind his back. They just don't have animations to show you that the WR couldn't make a play on the ball.

Same thing with dropped interceptions. Or at least that is how I think about it.

It's a good thing we drop so many balls, otherwise we would all be passing for a retarded completion percentage.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am scared how bad my offense will get next season when I don't have a 90+ QB ACC guy throwing the ball.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Probably as bad as my passing game was without Matt James for a couple weeks.

21. JrRawlins

out of curiosity..... whats his catch?

22. JrRawlins

lol, yeah using a QB you recruited that doesnt have ridculous stats makes all the difference in the world... it is a harsh reality... that i experienced this season...

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya, I am hoping my B+ pwr B- acc QB recruit will be solid. I am sick of Griffin and his erratic play. Some games he is lights out, others he cant hit the broadside of a barn type of day.

24. GoGators

That's one of the issues with the current recruiting system IMO. Since only the 5 and 4 stars are impact players ratings wise and we are stuck recruiting a bunch of 3 stars, the current 70 player roster limit doesn't give you the room to build depth and develop players. Most teams probably roster 4-5 QBs every season. Granted some of these guys are red shirted and don't make the travel squad, but having those guys allows you to bring them along and develop your team and leadership out of depth and coaching. With recruiting being tough this year, it really screws you if you are unable to land a stud player at a position because you really can't build that depth to develop guys. I wish they'd expand the rosters to 75 or 80.

25. JrRawlins

yeah i ran into that last year... when my starter Cosh got hurt for the season, i was playing two 3 star QB one was uber-athletic but couldnt throw, the other could throw but if you breathed on him to hard he would turn the ball over..... this season, i have just gone with my 4 star true freshman.... he is solid... but far from spectacular....