Interview with Pecster, WVU head coach

Discussion in 'The Redshirts' started by BDSDIGITAL, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'll be doing some of these from time to time, in light of BAWVU's big win vs. Purdue, I decided to ask him a few questions:

You’ve had a number of big wins this season, how does the recent win vs. Purdue stack up?

Beating Purdue was a fluke but a win is a win. Beating the old man (he must be older than me by at least a week but he is an old man) is always fun but being down 7 with less than a minute, and scoring on a long TD throw on 4th and 18 to tie it up was pleasurable followed by a win was great. Jesse is a great adversary although I question his attire at company functions.

Who’s the best user you’ve played this season?

Of the two that I have played Jesse clearly was stronger during the game based on the nature of how close it was. Utah was no slouch but game was much tighter against Jesse. Both NW and Maryland are going to be tough. I don't think i can be The Indian Nightmare. Christ the guy plays video games all day in his basement..... :)

Is there anyone that you are happy is not on your schedule this year?

I am happy I don't have to play the two boys from Carolina. Not because Tre talks funny or anything. Both guys are tough on the sticks and a great strategists.

Your only loss was a beatdown at the hands of Ohio State. Is there anything that you would do differently, hindsight being 20/20?

Not go on vacation and autopilot? Seriously, considering my outing with Syracuse in Year 1, I couldn't be happier. I don't know if my team is that much better or just having a few games under my belt has helped

You’re almost assured that you’ll be in the top ten next week. What are your aspirations for the rest of the season? Can you go 11-1 and get to the B1G title game?

If I can finish 9-3, I will be happy. Clearly I would like to have at least 10 wins but I have a challenge in front of me.

Who’s your team MVP as of today?

It's gotta be childress. Although Trickett may have been a good short term interest, watching Childress get to play the next 4 years (Unless he leaves for the draft early) will be a treat. Currently ranked 18th in passing yards....as a freshman.

Who on your roster has made the biggest surprise impact?

Beyond Childress, I would have to say Junior WR Kevin White - For a possession receiver, he has done well and most likely will exceed 1000 yards this season. Teams are keying in on him which has opened it up for the other guys. White is # 7 Overall in the NCAA with 754 yards behind two pass heavy guys in Oregon State and Cal.

Are you the coach of the year?

Not at all. I think that honor will go to Raji.

Week 11 is a huge game vs. another surprise team in Northwestern. What are you expecting in that game, and how do you think the bye week will help or hurt you?

I think the bye week will hurt me. I like to play but I don't like to play with myself. I leave that to some of the other guys. I expect Schreck to hang 35 or more points on me based on his team's performance so far. I don't know if i can do that. I play slow and methodical ball. If I get behind, I am done for.

You finish up vs. Maryland and #15 Okie State. The schedule makers didn’t do you any favors did they? Not at all. The schedulers set most of us up with tough schedules. Tre had quite a few user games.

On how my schedule finishes out, Raj is a helluva player and mixes up his shit well. Okie State...I expect no huddle early and often from the CPU. Even when I make a decent stop, I usually have to use Time outs in situations where I would prefer not to.

Thanks for your time today and having me on the Redshirts Broadcasting Network (RBN)

• Like Like x 4
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

This is good shit. Looking forward to more of these.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice job. I would argue that Buie is the best player on that team. He returns kicks, is good in the passing game and a stud running the ball.

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Great idea Brian, definitely dig this.

5. BDSDIGITAL

6. PAgamer07

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Damn it, I got that tag.

8. PAgamer07

Dont lie... You want to join us :)

9. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

• Like Like x 1
  10. BDSDIGITAL

damn, i try to add a little somethin somethin to the mix and that's what I get....?

you can make it up to me with a few cupcakes in my non conf. schedule next year. :)

• Like Like x 1