Intro Thread

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Matrix Monkey, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Hi all.

Matrix Monkey here (GT: MatrixM0nkey), I've been a member of TSO since 09. I've played in various leagues over the years and I was originally part of TMFL for the first 2 seasons before the reformation. Currently I'm also a member of the premier dynasty The Redshirts and have been since the start of NCAA11.

I'm 27 years old and live in Maryland. Currently unemployed (if anyone knows of an opening for a GIS Analyst let me know please =]) so my scheduling for games is wide open.

My favorite NFL team is the Redskins but I like to save them for my offline franchise so I'd prefer to captain the Colts again if possible. I don't really have any ties to any other teams so after the Colts I'd be any team available.

I enjoy TV/movies, video games, football, fantasy football, etc. I've been playing football video games since ~2004 and have a serious addiction to them. I'm pretty competitive but mainly play for fun.

I'm on Xbox Live! a lot, not only playing games but because I use my xbox to stream all the tv shows and movies I download like its my own personal netflix. Feel free to shoot me a game invite anytime, I have a wide array of games not just NCAA and Madden. I used to play MMOs as well spending most of my time in Asheron's Call and I played WoW for a good bit. Right now I'm not playing anything as I eargly await Star Wars The Old Republic.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Much better introduction - welcome Monkey.

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Greetings to you all!

Mike E here. My name is Mike Erickson, I am 31 years old and live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I have been a TSO member since December of '09. Primarily I have played NCAA here and this is my first league outside of that. I am a member of RMG and the Premiere League, Coaches Club. I have been playing video games since the atari 2600 where Moon patrol, and missile command ruled my life. I have been playing Madden since 1989 and NCAA since the Bill Walsh days.

In real life, I am a teacher and football coach and have been for the past 9 years. Those 2 jobs consume my life and I love every minute of it. Outside of that I love music and reading. Music is a huge part of my life, as I go out and see bands around 50-70 times a year. I love metal, country, some rap, bluegrass, and most recently I am on a southern rock/metal kick.

I grew up in a country-ass town in Ohio, so my favorite team is the Cleveland Browns. I am excited to get the chance to play with them here, even though I have resigned myself to the fact that I will get steamrolled on a weekly basis. Feel free to get a hold of me anytime on skype (joeptc1).

Thanks to Keller for allowing my presence in this league and I look forward to it immensely!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Welcome both of you.

Missile Command was/is awesome! Our old Atari is still floating around somewhere and it's only been a few years since I played it last.

I also loved Pacman, Donkey Kong, River Raid... I'm sure there's others, but those are the main ones.

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Frogs and Flies was also a favorite of mine. I wish i still had that old machine

6. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

What's up TMFL, Jason Torres here. I am 25 years old and live in Augusta Georgia (Masters week sucks). I've been part of TSO only short amount of time, and premier even shorter. I only play sports games/1st person shooters (COD, Battlefield) on XBOX. Right now It's just madden as I dont really have time for multiple games with full time school and work. I am a huge Bay Area fan and Florida Gator fan. Like others, I have been playing consoles since Atari, and pretty much have owned almost every major console atleast for short period of time.

Outside the gaming world I attend Technical college full time as well as part time personal trainer. I play Rugby (greatest sport) for the Augusta Maddogs. We are a DII team and travel all over the South East. Like Mike E, I love music. I listen to mostly metal/PopPunk/rock, but also listen to just about anything else. Any free time, I spend with the rugby guys and my girl going to the lake, beach, or college football games.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to football and believe the game is won in the trenches. I love the run game and will build whatever team I pick around the RB/OLine/DLine. My GT is TONE TO YA DOME (for my 1st person shooters). Feel free to hit me up anytime.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keller

Jason, welcome. What team are you taking?

*edit* nevermind - i saw in in the other thread. The RAIIIIIDDDAHHHS

8. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

Hey,
    My name is Erik, and I am 25. I live in Tampa, FL which is where I grew up. I got out of the military in Oct 09 and now attend school fulltime while working.
    I have been a TSO member for nearly 9 months and have played in a few online dynasties in NCAA 11. I am a big Bucs fan and I am super pleased with the direction of the team. I have been gaming since my days on the nintendo, and began playing madden on the genesis.

I have been following football since I can remember and usually read just about anything I can about any team that catches my attention. During the NFL draft most of my friends do not have a clue after the 1st round whereas I'm the guy who knows a steal when he sees one. I love football and have a passion for it, even if it is a little biased at times lmao.

On xbox my GT is d3adkhaoss. This is a new GT as I just got my xbox last week. My email is deadkhaoss@gmail.com. I am usually online all day. If they are still open I hope to take the Bucs in TMFL.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Welcome to the TMFL Erik. Thank you for your service.

Glad to see you got your top team choice - I know the game wouldn't be fun for me without the Bills.

The Bucs are definitely headed in the right direction with Freeman/Blount/Winslow/Williams/Benn - hows their defense going to be without Ruud? They still play mostly Tampa 2?

10. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

They play a mostly tampa 2 defense still. Ruud was a liability due to his lack of speed. He also continued to make tackles only after the RB had gained 10 yards or so. IMO we are better off with foster.

11. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

Youz guyz were better off when Alstott was trucking around. JK, yall are in great shape for the future unlike my Raiders. I have to hope Pryor turns out to be a miracle sent from the "boosters" of Ohio St. Or hope we lose enough games and pray Al selects Luck in the 1st round instead of a kicker... I like Blount though, hes a machine.

12. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Name's Travis Gruenler and I am a 19 year student at CU, if you couldn't tell by the avatar I had since I joined. My favorite NFL team is the Packers, followed by the Donkeys although the Tebow talk is getting really old and that's making me distance myself from the Donkeys. Football pretty much consumes my life 365 days a year, and that flows over to NCAA/Madden. This is my first Madden game since 2007 so I'll probably get rolled. I love listening to music, lifting (when I'm not hurt), partying, watching football, going to CU games, and just hanging out. I was big on shooters until my douchebag of a roommate last semester stole CoD from me and I'm eagerly awaiting BF and CoD to come out to I can pop some skulls. My gamertag is Smok3y McPots on Live and I can't remember my PSN name. If anyone needs my number for scheduling, shoot me a conversation because I don't want to publicaly give out my number.

I choose the Rams mainly because they have Bradford but also because they're not a great team yet so it will be a bit of a challenge as opposed to picking the Steelers or Packers or Colts.

13. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Hello TMFL Community,

My name is Jeremy Simmons, I'm 27 years old and live in Overland Park, Kansas (suburb of Kansas City.) I am a sports fanatic (baseball, basketball, and football that is) and played semi-pro baseball up until approximately 3 years ago. I went to the University of Kansas where I got my MBA, and am now an investment banker for a middle-market mergers & acquisitions firm. Been playing Madden since the mid-90's and am a huge Vikings fan (grew up a Warren Moon / Chris Carter fan). Don't want to give up too much of my strategy on here, but I've always been a run-first on offense, defense-oriented Madden player (prefer a 9-3 win over a 35-21 win any day!) Disappointed I won't be able to rack up 2,500 yards/season with AP, but excited to get back into a TF Madden league (played one season in '09 & one season in '10.)

Looking forward to a great league that will hopefully last several seasons....

Best,
    Jeremy

14. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I'm thoroughly disappointed in your choice of favorite team. Represent!

15. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Better than the Chiefs!

16. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

As you can imagine, I get that a lot. The Purple People Eaters will be in KC this year...you can bet I'll be rocking that "purp & yellow, purp & yellow, purp & yellow."

17. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Hey guys, my name is Dave Barrie i live in Dundee, Scotland so am sure it will make it interesting to have a scotsman on board this season :) Been a patriots fan for over 15 years now loved the NFL for a long time now and just recently started playing online franchises and enjoying every minute. Would say im very much a rookie at the game but slowly learning and improving my game day by day which is what its all about.

Aside from Madden play alot of FIFA online too and will find me on my xbox every night until the very early hours so no problem catching me anytime guys. At home, i have a girlfriend vicky and 2 beautiful young kids my 2 year old son and baby daughter who is only 10 weeks old :)

Im an easy going guy who is respectful and try to win but will always be graceful in defeat or in victory and looking forward to a fun time on the site. My gamertag is GovernedSpy and if available i will go for the panthers

cheers guys

18. Keller

The Panthers are already taken - check the 'need premier commitments' thread to see which teams are available.

GovernedSpy

19. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Someone from Scotland has a remote interest in...the Panthers? May I ask why? Just asking because it seems like they are constantly bashed in the media (not hard to do after last year) so I was just wondering how they were perceived from your side of the pond. Cheers mate.

20. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

would say they are looked at as a team that needs alot of work but at the same time has some potential

most what is said is about newton and how he will cope when he steps up outside of his scrambling lol

21. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

systemhead here (GT is also sYsTeMheaD) I've played in a few Madden Leagues in the past few years (the BDML is one) and also some online NCAA dynasties, although these were just with a few friends. I've been playing Madden since the early 90s (back on Sega Genesis) right after I got done playing Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES.

I'm 27, a graduate of Western Illinois University and live in the Chicago area. Naturally I grew up a Bears fan, although my number two team has been the Dallas Cowboys (Emmitt Smith favorite player growing up). I'm a big NFL fan in general and have been playing fantasy football since 1998. I also love Baseball and am a Cubs fan (ugh) but luckily I enjoy following the sport as a whole so my enjoyment isn't fully entrenched with the success or failure of my team (still hurt from 2003-2010 when I thought the Cubs had a chance!) They need to revamp and start over building through the farm system (like Ricketts said they would do 2 years ago) but unfortunately they look lost as an organization....but thats not why I'm here!

In my free time I'm playing fantasy baseball/football i.e. researching the league fairly regularly, playing Sim Dynasty, wiffleball, watching some movies/TV, hiking, biking etc. and of course spending time with my girlfriend.

Im very excited to be here as I have been looking for a community of players like this one for a few years. Previous leagues were fun at times, but usually devolved into there being cheesy players, people making too many trades, or people quitting the league altogether. I feel confident that this is going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Dan

22. Keller

Dan, welcome to the league man. Check the "need premier commitments' thread for which teams are available and let me know.

23. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Yeah I posted in there yesterday requesting the Texans

24. Keller

Sorry I missed it - I'll mark ya down.

You already applied to go premier right?

25. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Yes I have, I paid via paypal 2 days ago with an e-check. It should clear in the next couple days.