Introduce Your Draft Picks!

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Oct 16, 2014.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

It's that time of the year, HK!

Introduce your draft picks!

Hard Knocks

• Like Like x 4
  2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

[​IMG]
    Indianapolis was thrilled when Mccown fell to them at 8. Coming in at 81 ovr with 90 personality as well, some other key attributes not shown 95agi, 96acc, 94 elusiveness. Mccown should come in and be the top WR for Luck this season.

[​IMG]
    The Colts got a steal with Grayson Scott. Taken with the 8th pick in the 3rd RD Scott comes in at 81 ovr with superstar development and is going to be the anchor of the defense for many years to come.

[​IMG]
    After trading T Rich the Colts looked RB in the 6th rd and found a steal. Going to work on his carry but that Superstar potential is going to be great.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    2015 Detroit Lion Draft Class
    Round 1: CB Cecil Colbert

This guy is a stud. He comes in at 80 overall, with Fast development. He has all the physical tools (98 SPD, 98 AGI, 91 ACC), as well as solid intangibles. He should compete for a starting spot from day one, at least at nickleback.

Round 2: DE/DT Uche Vincent

Vincent is another guy I was really high on, I was surprised he fell to 22 in the second. He was listed as DE but will play NT in Detroit. He is 6'4" 327 pounds, and he has quick feet for a guy his size (76 SPD, 82 ACC). He will start at NT, and hopefully be a force in the future with Fast development.

Round 3: HB Martin Levingston

The new Christian Okoye, 6'1" 253 pounds, but his hands are suspect. He'll need to work on that if he wants to tote the rock in D-town.

Round 4: DE De'Jon Humphrey

Another big DE, he was a reach and his 68 OVR reflects that.

Round 5: DT Justin Collins

Drafting for need again, Collins is another big guy (6'5" 339 pounds) who will need some time before he is rotation ready.

Round 6: TE Evan Spears

My assistant GM drafted this guy while I was in the restroom. He's a 73 overall, but isn't really outstanding at anything. He'll see time in goal line situations as a blocker.

Round 7: WR Edgar Jean

I drafted this guy because I needed a 5th wide out and I like having a little scat back on the roster. He's only 5'7" but he is a burner, with 96 SPD, 95 AGI, 93 ACC. He has good wiggle in the open field and he can catch. He's also Superstar development. He'll be our return man this year, and hopefully break in as the #3/4 WR down the road.

• Like Like x 3
  4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Well the Chargers only have 4 picks that are projected to make the team, and those are:

QB Kaelin Patterson - 1st Round
    This rookie out of Penn State University is likely to take over the starting position for recently released Phillip Rivers. The Chargers struggled whether to take Patterson or Garrett of Tulane, but ultimately settled with Patterson for his experience in the Big 10. Patterson is mobile with +80 ratings in speed and acceleration with 93 BCV. He has a strong arm with 90+ THP. His accuracy is not lights out, but with his Superstar potential, those will likely improve over the course of the season.

WR Chuckie Morgan - 2nd Round
    The Chargers first two picks are both going to be different makers on offense. Morgan is 6'2 with +90 speed, acceleration and agility. He shows a knack for being able to catch passes with his gigantic hands, and is also great at getting a good release on the line of scrimmage. If he gets bump and run, 1 on 1 coverage, this guy is going to beat you deep for 6. Opposite Keenan Allen, Morgan could see a lot of single coverage and the two could make for a dominant passing attack.

WR Mckenzie Arnold - 4th Round
    Arnold much like Morgan is a burner. This kid will probably only see time in 5WR sets, but is expected to start as both a KR and PR. Devon Hester made a career out of it, and we expect Arnold to also.

Frank Hankerson - 6th Round
    After failing to draft Tank Noble earlier in the draft and watching him go to BobJr and the Cowboys, the Chargers were still desperately in need of a redzone target, and that is what Hankerson is. With impressive ratings in CIT and SPC for a rookie, not to mention he is 6'6, this guy will be a friend to rookie QB Kaelin Patterson in the Redzone where the CHargers struggled mightily last season.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Brady Exits, Garrett Enters

Former Tulsa QB Charles Garrett is now the future in New England

[​IMG]
    Pick #32: It's an end of an era in Foxboro as the Patriots have selected QB Charles Garrett to, presumably, replace Tom Brady after trading the Super Bowl champion QB to the Rams for draft picks.

Garrett has all the tools you could ever hope to have with a quarterback. Strong, mostly accurate arm (95 THP, 81 sac 81 mac, 81 dac), Athleticism (90 speed, 93 agi, 89 acc, 78 elu, 94 bcv, 89 jkm), and a super high ceiling still (superstar dev).

Much like the Colts landing Andrew Luck directly after Peyton Manning, the Patriots seem to have found similar luck (pun!) in finding a franchise quarterback immediately after losing an all-time great.

What's interesting, is that Garrett dropped all the way down to the Patriots at #32 in the draft, when multiple QBs were already taken in front of him.

His agent Abe Goldensilver said he thought his client didn't "get enough attention, coming from a non-powerhouse school at Tulsa, and being labeled as a 5th or 6th round guy. It's just not right."

"Charles has almost every tool already, and still has room to improve immensely," said Goldensilver following the Patriots drafting Garrett. "I believe he is going to prove to the league that he should have been taken much higher, and the Patriots will be the beneficiaries of that."

Jimmy Garoppolo is now likely to be the backup QB for the Patriots heading into the 15-16 season, with Garrett leading the New England offense for years to come.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Here comes the RO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

G_T_G killing me with that font tho ......

I had that QB rated pretty high of the 3 I scouted and hoped he would fall to the 3rd or 4th

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Font or color? Looks fine on my screen at work lol

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If you have the new white layout its prob great, I am still old school black background so its not easy to see.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

San Antonio Marshal's Draft Recap

1st rd #2- QB was a Major need. But Smace thought he could get a QB later since there were 5 good ones on the board. Smace thought he could get the stud safety he needed and still draft a QB. He came in a little less than expected but still pretty good player.
    Fast Development Potential
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st rd #20- Smace wanted to help the offense. If he didnt pick the qb he would go with the best HB/WR available. Figured Asante would be gone so he targeted the kid from Wyoming, Gilbert. Lucky that Asante was still on the board even though Gilbert turned out to be very good as well.
    Superstar Development Potential
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd rd #2 - Needed a few more pieces to the oline so looked for the best oline availible here.
    Fast Development Potential
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3rd rd #2 - CB was another major need. Since there was a number of CBs Smace choose to get one here in the 3rd. Started to get nervous as 4 of the 6 he targeted were already drafted earlier. Baxter was the last of his tier 1 rated Cbs.
    Superstar Development Potential
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3rd rd #32 - Saw the safety he was going to target if he didnt take the SS in the 1st still on the board. Was a strong safety and has moved to FS in Mini camp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4th rd #2- Looking for a nickle back or WR here. Had this undrafted player from GA that looked like a potential sleeper when we worked him out. He played in the SEC so Smace was hoping a lil Champ Bailey rubbed off on Mallet. He is decent but he wont be the nickle or the dime at this point and there were better players out there at this point. Bad pick. No offense Mallet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4th rd #26 - Looked to get younger and more athletic at LB and had Reid as a middle round OLB here. was surprised he was on the board still. Not my top target but a guy i thought would get a look earlier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5th rd #2 Looked to finally address the WR position. Wanted a good tough redzone wr and many of the main targets were gone this late. There were still 2 guys there that were tier 2 prospects on Smace's board. He needs a lot of reps to increase his knowledge of the game. A gifted but raw kid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

The Denver Broncos went into the draft knowing they needed to upgrade their D-Line. Although, the owner couldn't make it to the draft he relied on his Assistant GM (CPU) to make his moves. The Broncos know that the game is won at the line of scrimmage so in the first two rounds they draft two players who could start on defense.

1st Rd (#30)

[​IMG]
    DT Drake Coker (77ovrl,Quick Dev)
    Coker comes in at 6'5 272lbs, ran very fast for a DT at the combine (77spd). Playing along side Rams DT Aaron Donald in college Coker has learned a lot and become a great player. He has above average Power moves and Block shedding to help him get to the QB and stop the run in this league.
    PREDICTION: Starter Week 1

2nd Rd (#62)
    [​IMG]
    DE Jeffrey Johnson 82ovrl (Fast Dev)
    Johnson was a steal in the 2nd round for the Broncos. His power and finesse will give him the ability to play a big role in the Broncos defense. He's considered a ball hawk which I know the Broncos need more of. With Ware on the other side of Johnson, this Broncos D could wreck this season. He will have to battle DE Derek Wolfe for the starting spot.
    PREDICTION- Starter week 1

• Like Like x 2
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Damn.. CPU did you right.

13. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    New Orleans Saints 2015 Draft Class
    Round 1 - Pick #19: MLB Nordly Sanders (80 OVR / Superstar Development)
    Sanders was a guy we had pegged from the start of the draft. Sanders fits the "can do it all" mold we were looking for to replace the aging David Hawthorne in our 3-4. Sanders is great in coverage (76 ZCV) with great tackling (85 TCK, 90 HP, 89 pursuit) and blocking shedding (85 BSH) skills. While he lacks a bit of explosiveness (78 SPD), his quickness (90 ACC) and agility (87 AGI) should make him a big time playmaker for us for a long while.

Round 2 - Pick #7: CB Jamal Jennings (71 OVR / Normal Development)
    With Champ Bailey aging and regressing, we were in desperate need for a potential playmaker and nickel corner coming into the draft. Jennings should fit in nicely in the nickel role for us. His quickness (93 SPD, 88 ACC, 86 AGI) and cover skills (88 MCV, 77 ZCV) should allow him to be a playmaker for us right away and with some development should polish out nicely.

Round 2 - Pick #19: DT Darby Sampson (71 OVR / Normal Development)
    Sampson will likely start for us at DT. Despite the 71 OVR, he has some decent physical attributes which give him a higher upside over our other DTs on the roster.

Round 4 - Pick #7: LG Jordunn Dupree (71 OVR / Quick Development)
    Dupree was definitely a pleasant surprise in round #4. With Grubbs and Evans both aging, Dupree is the perfect starter in waiting. He has great raw blocking skills (86 PBK, 85 RBK) that could make potentially make him an immediate upgrade at RG over Jahri Evans to bolster our run blocking for newly acquired Adrian Peterson.

Round 5 - Pick #7: QB Nataki Caldwell (62 OVR / Normal Development)
    Took a flyer on an unscouted QB here and was rather disappointed. Caldwell will likely stick around though as he's a cheap QB3 and saves me a waiver spot.

Round 6 - Pick #7: WR Nevin Bynes (69 OVR / Normal Development)
    Took another flyer here on an unscouted WR. Bynes is 6'4" and fits our offensive scheme, which is why he is likely a 69. He may occasionally find the field in 4 WR sets, but thats likely it.

Round 7 - Pick #7: ROLB Boris Shead (64 OVR / Normal Development)
    Another unscouted flyer here. I was actually pleasantly surprised with Shead. He has nice base physical ability (87 SPD, 88 ACC, 86 AGI) along with good coverage skills (73 ZCV), but his tackling and block shedding leave a bit to be desired. With some development though, he should be a solid backup OLB.

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Patriots select developmental WR in 4th
    UAB's Javon Long is a high-ceiling project for New England

[​IMG]
    In the 4th round, the Patriots selected WR Javon Long, in hopes that he can develop into a legitimate NFL receiver in the future. That future is more than likely not going to be this year, but Long does have enough potential (superstar devt.) to fill the holes in his game (59 rte, 64 cit, 49 release, 55 awr), eventually.

His base attributes bode well for a developmental wide receiver ( 90 spd, 92 acc, 82 ctch, 83 spc), so he was worth taking a flyer on. The Patriots will just have to be patient, and hope Long turns into a good football player in a few seasons. For the time being, he should be nothing more than a special teamer - and Long is OK with that.

"I am just going to come in, work hard, and get better," said Long at his media call after being selected. "I know the Patriots love to run the ball, but I hope to help the pass game come alive during my time here. I understand my time will come."

15. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

Felton need new number 1 wr

Carlson to replace our fs this year need a playmarker

Efferm Dickerson to be one of kick off returners and maybe fill in for Charles or Thomas if need breather or injury

Hammond not to start this year needs to sit this year

Whit rock to back up Zach fulton

Dlyan clark to start at rt this year

Daniel perry to back up our starter for chiefs left tackle eric fisher

• Like Like x 1
  16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Minnesota Vikings
    Draft Selections

[​IMG]
    Round 1 - LG Wynton Alexander - Considering all of our offensive lineman spots are pretty much solidified, the only hole was our left guard position. At the 25th pick, the Vikings had their eyes on either a WR or a LG. The Buccs took the WR we planned on taking so it left us no choice but to pull the trigger on Wynton. I think we ended up with a solid left guard. At 72 OVR, he is already better than our previous starter. 90 run block, 80 pass block and 84 impact block with 91 strength are his key attributes.

[​IMG]
    Round 2 - In the 2nd round, we decided to go with a WR to compliment Cordarrelle Patterson and replace an aging Greg Jennings. Dulan Cunningham was on our list of receivers that all looked to be rated the same among each other. Cunningham at 6'4 and 214 pounds was intriguing. Coming in with 87 consistency, 83 catching and 77 catch in traffic are some nice highlights of what he can do. He needs to work on getting away from corner at the line of scrimmage but his speed(97) and elusiveness(94) are very desirable.

[​IMG]
    Round 3 - Picking up an extra 3rd round pick from the Packers, the Vikings selected running back Banks Chaney. A cheap fill for the roster and maybe a development. Nothing spectacular pops out about Banks.

[​IMG]
    Round 3 - We added another wide receiver with good consistency(86) and decent catching abilities. Fast(96), elusive and running back like skills. Dontre Coker adds another component to the quickly growing Viking aerial assault.

[​IMG]
    Round 4 - Vikings select ROLB Dre Ewing out of Colorado State. A decent pick up and most likely a solid back up as he would have to knock starting ROLB Brandon Watts out.​

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    JETS DRAFT

The Jets really had two major holes to fill, CB and Offensive Line.

CB Kenyattus Lee, 6'1", 194 lbs
    (81 OVR, 85 MCV, 88 ZCV, 90 PRS, 81 PUR, 90 JMP, 97 SPD, 66 CTH, 76 STR, 99 ACC)/SUPERSTAR DEV

---From all accounts, LeJon Ryan was rated as the #1 CB on the board and when the Dolphins picked him, a collective sigh went out across Jet nation and many CB starved teams. But luckily for the Jets, Lee was still on the board and with a huge need there, they jumped on him. Lee measured out amazing in all skill tests, with a huge 6'1" frame and amazing athleticism. He's strong and powerful and was easily the best CB that came out (sorry LeJon Ryan). The Jets scored a huge home run and with Rex Ryan's huge infatuation with former Jet Darrelle Revis, this is the second coming.
    DEPTH CHART- #1 CB

2nd ROUND- LT Justice Newsome, 6'6", 315 lbs
    (73 OVR, 89 PBK, 79 RBK, 74 IBL, 83 STR, 83 ACC)/SLOW DEV

---The other major need was on the offensive line and while some of the top rated prospects were off the board, the Jets were able to snatch up Newsome, a RT type prospect who is a top of the line pass blocker from Boston College. Newsome will be groomed for the RT spot.
    DEPTH CHART- BACKUP T/G

3rd ROUND- OLB O.J. Bailey, 5'11", 235 lbs
    (68 OVR, 83 TAK, 89 SPD, 87 ACC, 79 FMV, 82 PUR, 71 MCV, 78 ZCV)/SLOW DEV

---Bailey is on the small side as a LB but he's a pure cover LB who we will likely put into nickel LB packages. He's learning the playbook quite well but the Jets LB corps is quite loaded. Still he's the best cover LB on the team.
    DEPTH CHART- NICKEL LB/3RD STRING OLB

4th ROUND- RB Randall Hampton, 5'9", 198 lbs
    (69 OVR, 89 SPD, 91 ACC, 82 BCV, 66 CAR, 83 TRK, 85 SPM, 94 RET)/SLOW DEV

---Hampton has shown some promise in preseason with good burst and speed to get outside and has some power out of a surprising 198 lb frame. The Jets aren't sure he can take the physical pounding of being an every down back and the pressure to do so won't be there because he's behind Chris Ivory and Chris Johnson. Still, he could see himself in action sooner than later if the RB corps ahead of him plays like they did last season.
    DEPTH CHART- 3RD STRING RB

5th ROUND- WR Dre Hightower, 6'2", 203 lbs
    (70 OVR, 89 SPD, 89 ACC, 86 JMP, 75 CTH, 71 RTE, 86 SPC, 91 RLS)/AVG DEV

---Hightower was someone we scouted out of Fresno State and we loved how he was able to be press coverage. He graded out super high in that aspect. He's still a bit raw in terms of running routes and his hands but he has the potential to be a #2 WR with a good frame.
    DEPTH CHART- #5 WR

6th ROUND- TE MARIO MENDOZA, 6'6", 257 lbs
    (79 OVR, 84 SPD, 87 ACC, 85 CTH, 87 SPC, 85 RLS, 69 RTE)/SUPERSTAR DEV

---After getting pretty subpar production from the 2nd TE spot from Jeff Cumberland, we figured we'd take a flier on Mario Mendoza. We didn't scout this kid and we only drafted him because he was 6'6" and 257 lbs...his frame was huge and we'd figure he could at least become a developmental TE. Well Mendoza wow'ed the Jets brass. He possesses great speed to go with that 6'6" height and he may have better hands than Jace Amaro. He's still a bit raw in terms of running routes and he's definitely more of a receiver than TE but he's one of the steals of this draft.
    DEPTH CHART- #2 TE

UDA- CB Graham Glass, 5'11", 185 lbs
    (69 OVR, 94 SPD, 92 ACC, 83 ZCV, 83 MCV)/AVG DEV

---Hailing from Charleston Southern, Glass really didn't attract many teams to his pro day down there. He went undrafted and the Jets figured to give Glass a shot to make the team. Glass instantly became a training camp standout and made the final 53 over a few Jet holdovers from last season. Glass figures to fit in on the dime and quarter packages and gives the Jets great depth at the position.
    DEPTH CHART- #5 CB