Introducing coach Mike Hunt and the Utah State Aggies.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to the running diary of the Utah State Aggies football program.

Beginning with the 2013 season, the USU administration ushered in a new era in football. The Aggies went out side their normal circle to find an innovative mind that could champion the tenants of Utah State football and return the pride back to Logan, Utah. A coach was needed that can lead by the example of hard work, clean living, and a virtuous moral ethos.

Utah State also wanted this coach to be on the cutting edge of NCAA college football. The coach should be able to utilize the pipeline advantages in Utah, California, Texas, Florida, and Arizona, to bring in the best athletes in the country. His offense would be a combination of wide open passing attacks, terrain chewing ground games, and a model of good decision making. The defense would be caged fury. Optimally, this squad is an intelligent, fast, and angry unit that is bent on administering pain and creating havoc as they press for submission.

Unufortunately, that coach is either already working at a real school or is dead. So instead, the Utah State Aggies proudly announce the signing of Mike Hunt as the head football coach to a 3 year, $12 million dollar contract. This contract was the result of a coin flip after hours of drunken negotiations. Mike Hunt boldly gambled on the coin flip saying he would work for 12 million or 12 hundred. Obviously, the coin went his way.

"My contract is just the first of many exuberent investments this school will make towards our football program. My staff and I have a philosophy that has worked in many places. We understand what recruits want, and we give it to them. In turn, they give us the production we need. Simple formula, really."

Mike Hunt enjoys flipping his lips when possible, and never met a mike he didn't like.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the first change under my watch will be the conception of a Spirit Squad for the benefit of our players. Our young men are away from home, without the traditional love of their mothers, so we are trying to replace attention and our Spirit Squad's main job is to fluff up their attitudes."

[​IMG]
    Spirit Squad tryout photo from Mike Hunt's office. Yes, he has a fireplace in his office.

The new motto of Utah State will be "Money, Hoes, & Clothes - all an Aggie knows"

More to follow....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Utah State announces their first recruit to put pen to paper and commit himself to Mike Hunt.

Obi Reid, a 3* tight end, hailing from Highland, UT will add depth to this position and may look to earn time on special teams in his freshman season.

Surpringly, we only had to offer clothes before Obi jumped. He signed for two Stacy Adams suits, two pair of matching Gator shoes, and a 5 jumbo silk ties with coordinating pocket square. He didn't want to wait around for the money or the hoes.

Then again, he knows this loot is just the tip of the iceberg. Like Slim.

[​IMG]

Home Highland, UT
    Height 6-6
    Weight 257
    Caliber :3stars:
    Rank #1312 (#50 TE)
    Interest

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Even in defeat, Mike Hunt still has some pull! The Aggies' coach landed two more fine, fine player this week after his powers of persuasion were deposited into the families' local credit union accounts.

We welcome Tyler Washington, an athletic free safety that will give us flexibility in the secondary. Tyler is a business major with an affinity for blondes (even if it is a wig), so he knows pimpin' ain't easy.

Eric Childs is our newest defensive tackle recruit. Like Tyler, Eric is also a Utah native. Too bad that relationship isn't rewarded by EA. But Eric choose Utah State because of it's rich tradition in the medical research field, the level of its international politics major, and the fact that not all of our women are Mormons.

Welcome home, gentlemen.

Tyler Washington
    Free Safety | Coverage

[​IMG]
    Home Riverdale, UT
    Height 6-2
    Weight 195
    Caliber :3stars:
    Rank #869 (#22 FS)
    Interest 1st
    Commitment Stage: Commit
    SchoolInterestOfferVisit
    [​IMG] USU Yes --
    FS Skills All Skills
    OVR: 66 94% Scouted
    BASE
    Speed 82 Strength 70
    Agility 89 Acceleration
    Jumping 75 Stamina 76
    Injury 87
    TACKLING
    Tackle 69 Hit Power 68
    Pursuit 76 Play Recognition 57
    COVERAGE
    Man Coverage 64 Zone Coverage 65
    Press 78
    BLOCK SHEDDING
    Power Moves 55 Finesse Moves 59
    Block Shedding 59
    Eric Childs
    Defensive Tackle | Run Stopper

[​IMG]
    Home Pleasant View, UT
    Height 6-0
    Weight 270
    Caliber :2stars:
    Rank #1558 (#105 DT)
    Interest 1st
    Commitment Stage: Commit
    SchoolInterestOfferVisit
    [​IMG] USU Yes --
    DT Skills All Skills
    OVR: 63 (+4) 92% Scouted
    BASE
    Speed53 Strength77
    Agility52 Acceleration62
    Jumping42 Stamina67
    Injury73
    BLOCK SHEDDING
    Power Moves72 Finesse Moves69
    Block Shedding72
    TACKLING
    TackleC Hit Power72
    Pursuit68 Play Recognition66

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

After two bad losses, the offense may look to senior QB Adam Kennedy for some stability. Charlie Keeton isn't playing horrible, but his indecision in key moments may be hurting us. Kennedy doesn't have the physical skills like CK, but he's an accurate passer. If he can keep the offense on the field for one or two more series a game, that's like taking away a scoring opportunity for the other side. Our defense is getting worn down by late game because of the track meet scoring.

In other news, here are the results from this week's Spirit Squad recruiting....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

After the disappointing week 4 loss to Colorado State, coach Mike Hunt read a one sentence statement before walking off the podium.

"Yay...we're starting to suck less."

Mike Hunt left the room and did not return.

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

How about less of you saying words and such... and more visuals!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

You know...that was the #1 entry from my players in the coaches comment box. Well, aside from the clowns who kept crapping in the box. I damn sure changed the box to have a mail slot after that miscalculation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Here is my number #1 recruiting target.

It's never to early to pave your own way to hell....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dammit. At least I'm consistent.

Just like the last few years, when I don't have enough time to play and try to rush through a game, it all goes horribly wrong. You think I would learn by now....

Utah State struggles early and rallies late to scare BYU, but drops continue to haunt the Aggies. BYU wins 41-33 in a very weird game.

Both starting QBs were under crazy pressure and sacked multiple times. We knocked BYU's QB with a concussion in the first quarter, and his backup came in and tore us apart, of course. He went 18/23 with 190 yards and 2 TD, but used the screen pass as a crutch. Cheesy EA!

After sacking him about 3 times in the first quarter, we couldn't get any more pressure. Good adjustment on EA's part. Then when I pulled my senior starter, my backup threw well but was nervous. His ball was all over the place, looking like a slider instead of a fastball. He was missing guys in a Tebow-eque fashion. In fact, he was so bad, he hit a guy in the chest who never saw the ball cuz he didn't think it would reach him.

So it's a tight game, and I'm clawing for everything. What happens? I drill my WR in the end zone and he drops it. In both his hands, no one around, and he goes Jackie Smith on me. Fucking great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I screwed myself. I wanted to use the 4-3 defensive playbook (since multiple doesn't have the 4-3 anymore) and that killed my habits. Many similar formations, but I just felt stupid with out my 3-4 base.

We have another week long whoring session upcoming, and then we finally return home for a conference game. We really need to get our shit together or we won't be at the U much longer. Bah.

• Like Like x 1