Introducing FIU's currently 35th ranked recruiting class.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

Sorry I haven't posted any of my recruits. I'll use this thread over the next day to show you the class and give a little synopsis of each guy.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Johnny Parrish.png

With Seniors graduating Johnny will be expected to use his speed, acceleration, and agility for many years to come. Hopefully he'll be able to work on his coverage, but I'm sure he'll use his speed to compensate for the mistakes that he will make in the secondary.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Greg Weaver.png

Needed a fullback and I just went after the first one I saw that didn't have too many other people interested. Weaver was the first recruit who signed on the dotted line this year. I rarely use a FB.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Mike Sanders.png

Next years starting MLB will be in the mid to upper 70's so Sanders will be a backup that could see some playing time with his speed. His coverage, and block shedding skills need serious work.

5. Pro

Pro Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Saunders blows...

I'm still looking

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

You know deep down you're jealous that you didn't think of his first. ;)

8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

^^^What a slow and painful way of doing something? I would not be surprised to find out Heath is behind this :D

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Lorenzo King.png

With the top 2 corners graduating this year King has a shot at starting the season as the nickle or dime back. He has the speed and he takes the proper angles to make up for his horrible tackling ability.

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

Rich Landrum.png

He'll never play, we only went after him because he was the only 3 star during the preseason that showed interest in FIU.

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Otis Foster.png

Hopefully he'll never play. We needed a SS so we signed this guy.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Jason Maynard.png

Maynard will battle with King for the Nickle, Dime position. We really love his speed and decent man coverage skills.

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

Ryan Hughes.png

We only went after Ryan when we saw that FAU was on top of his schools list. He'll look to take the field during his Junior and Senior seasons. This guy is huge. His blocking ability might put him on the field sooner rather than later.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Jeff Carpenter.png

Jeff has a real good shot at starting at RE next season. He'll definitely be someone to fear latter in his career.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

John Watkins.png

We look for John to use his route running and catching abilities combined with his speed to one day become Willis Wright. We see this kid catching pass after pass and turning small gains into big gains.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

Todd Stone.png

We see Todd taking the keys from Jake Medlock after next season and just running away with them. If this kid can improve his passing, there is no doubt that he could be up for a heisman before he leaves FIU.

17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^my current guy has numbers like this. he is ok but dont try to throw anything while on the run, it will end up on the other side of the field

• Like Like x 1