Introducing Hova's Conference Challenge 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Introducing Hova's Conference Challenge 2012

After a little thinking I have decided to roll out a variety of things these coming years to make this dynasty more active and enjoyable. After taking a page from college basketball and a Peep over at Gogators's Southern Exposure Dynasty i have come up with this idea for next season's user games. Not only will these be fun and a good way to make user games it will also bring some unity in your conference's to someone you prolly have a hated rivalry with after playing with them every year. This will have you actually rooting for your conference peer's once a season.

Every Season we will have each conference face each other. For the first season we will do

Pac 10 vs ACC

and

Big 12 vs Big 10

I chose these since the pac-10 and big-10 have the BCS tie in, but every year these will rotate so you play each conference in a yearly cycle. The matchup's will most likely be placed in between week's 1-3. Hopefully all in the same week but that seems unlikely with the different conference star dates. We will discuss that. Matchup's will be based on the seed you finish in your conference the year before. Home Field advantage will go to the conference that had the highest ranking member in the BCS at the end of the prior season then every time you face that conference home field will switch.

I will be keeping track of these games yearly and a cumulative conference record for each conference in the challenge. We will see who has the greatest conference by who has the best overall record between the 4 conferences.

Here is the set up for Year 1 in the Yearly Conference Match up:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team VS Team
    ACC Champion VS Pac-10 Champion
    ACC 2nd Place VS Pac-10 2nd Place
    ACC 3rd Place VS Pac-10 3rd Place
    Big Ten Champion VS Big 12 Champion
    Big Ten 2nd Place VS Big 12 2nd Place
    Big Ten 3rd Place VS Big 12 3rd Place

Remember these will be actually season user games next season withing the first 3 weeks of the season. I will keep the records of each conference each season. This will be a rotating challenge every season. May the best conference win!

Let me know any questions you have or comments on when these games should be played.

Week 1 is a possibility but sometimes teams like to play cupcakes to test their teams. Week 2 i think the pac-10 starts conference play, if not week 2 would be perfect. Let me know what you think.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Looks good. Go Big Ten!!!

3. I like it

ACC!!!!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'd like to have a cupcake to test my team week 1, If that isn't possible oh well.

Let's go Big 10

5. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Great idea

6. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I like it. Whatever week you choose suits me.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

It is always nice to have a cupcake week 1 to test your team. I would space out the user vs user games. If you had all user games the same week, it would take forever to complete the week.

And we all know the Big 10 is where its at!!!!

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Alright we will space out the challenge between the first 3-4 weeks of the season

9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Sounds good to me. I too, love a cupcake in week one, just to work the kinks out.