Introducing Our New Look

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jul 10, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So about a month ago, before I got super busy, I spent some time looking at other leagues on our site trying to find ways to make our league more exciting to be a part of. Now, I don't mean that the E is boring in anyway, but those of us that have been here for 2 or 3 years now are basically just rehashing the same old league format year after year with nothing new but the subtle changes in the game itself.

One of the things I realized while looking through league after league is that when you really get down to it, all of these leagues look identical. So I began brainstorming some ideas to spice ours up a bit, make it feel like an official piece of work. What I came up with was to brand each of our recurrent threads with a banner. Its just a little aesthetic touch and it may not seem like a lot, but I think it will really add to our league and start to set us apart from the rest.

Now, I may have come up with the idea but I did not do any of the labor intensive work creating these headers/banners. That credit belongs to Nautica, who has been doing some real quality work around here lately. We've spent the last month or so bouncing ideas off each other and this is what we've come up with so far:

Introducing our new look:

[​IMG]
    Our banner for our seasonal and dynasty-long recruit tracker. I plan on using google docs to keep a record of recruiting going throughout the dynasty.

[​IMG]
    This will be our banner when we begin voting players into our GOAT Hall of fame.

[​IMG]
    For our record/statistics keeping sticky thread, also using google docs.

[​IMG]

This will be for our weekly scores thread. I'm debating whether or not I should just combine it with the game scheduling thread to keep all of that in one place, but right now I'm leaning against it.

We also have a new league signature in the works, but it is currently awaiting approval from the boss-man.

There will be more to come, but let us know what you think of this so far. Hopefully this gets you even more amped to start up our 2012 dynasty in a week or so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn fine work Nautica! I like the concept and look. Great job JC!

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great work guys!

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

NICELY DONE GUYS!!! This stuff looks amazing. Props on putting my boy Tommie Frazier in the G.O.A.T. banner too.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I like it. Great job!

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Almanac2.png
    GOAT2.png
    Scores.png
    Here are some more. I really liked the look of the weekly update banner so I just took it and ran with it.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I still like the other recruit tracker banner better, but the new GOAT one is a keeper.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oh and the scores banner is definitely going to be used.

11. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Great job Nautica that's some good stuff

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah, I like them all. I am just really drawn to the logo'd banner style. I think it just looks very sharp and clean.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

If you guys need any work on pulling stats from TSO to import into Google spreadsheets, let me know. I'm fairly competent in the area and would love to lend a hand. I think we determine format for post-game write-ups, create a vanilla template and ask that variables are plugged in during the recap. This makes the upload into Google spreadsheets fairly simple.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Looks great guys!

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Wow. These are some amazing pieces. I am definitely stoked to be in another league with a great Graphic Designer. This is phenomenal stuff

16. jello1717

If possible, could you avoid typing in white font. This doesn't show up for me on Forum Runner.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah I can try. Is there a way i can save it so i don't have to change it every time?

18. jello1717

Is your default white? This is my default font (which looks white or light grey to me) but this shows up fine on Forum Runner. I was able to read every post in this thread except for the one of yours that I quoted and now that I'm on my PC, they all look the same to me. I'm not sure why yours was unreadable for me and the others were fine.

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same here, the post was invisible from Forum Runner. Thanks for quoting it so I could then read the message.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The same thing happens to me sometimes. If you just tap on the message to put it into the "quote/reply" screen then forum runner will put it into a color that will show up.

21. jello1717

That's what I do (and how I was able to read UofCWildcat 's post). I had just assumed that he changed the font color to white (as I usually type in yellow when talking about Michigan and I'm going to type in red when talking about Utah). I guess it's just some bug that happens sometimes.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks pretty good guys.

Make I make a suggestion? Is it at all possible to incorporate some of our teams onto the banners?

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I tried making one with that, but with every teams logo being a different size and shape, it just looked weird.

24. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Very nice Nautica. You are now our resident Photoshop pro!

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

That is strange. Still looks great