Introducing the 1st Annual OFFL West HOF

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Introducing the 1st Annual OFFL West HOF

Just another idea that i got from drifterbub and company over at the Duece to add some forum participation and activity to our league. Every year we will have a Hall of Fame Ballot with guys that we nominate and vote on and each year 2 or 3 guys will go into the hall of fame.

I will have a hall of fame thread and each year the new elected will be added to it.

To nominate a hall of fame player from your team you must take the following steps.

1. He must be user recruited ( for this Exceptions will be Junior's even if you did not recruit them)

2. He must be at least a red shirt Sophmore, Junior, or Senior. (No seniors this year because you did not recruit them, only juniors)

3. Complete the following application for your player: (Here is an example filled out by bogey21)

First Name: David
    Last Name: Lawrence
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: Texas Oregon
    Position: HB
    Number: 27
    Year Left Program: 2013
    Hand: Right
    Team Captain: N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed:95
    Break Tackle: 94
    Awareness: 81
    Agility: 91
    Acceleration: 94
    Catch: 81
    Elusiveness: 89
    Spin Move: 93
    Stamina: 89
    Juke Move: 90

Recruiting Information *optional

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time: 4.34
    Position: #1
    Overall: #7

Career Awards *optional

2010: RED SHIRT
    2011: All-American Freshmen Team
    2012: NONE
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Maxwell Award winner, Doak Walker Award winner, runner up in the Heisman

Team Stats/Records *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 11-3, 11-2, 13-1 (35-5)
    Conference Titles: 2 (2011, 2013)
    National Titles: 1
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

Coach Comments: Lawrence was a star from the moment he stepped on campus. After red shirting for a season, he was thrust into the starting position due to the departure of incumbent LaMichael James. Even though Lawrence was in a time share, he did amass an amazing 2,590 total yards (1,074 from scrimmage) and 15 TD's. In his Sophmore year, Lawrence put up similar numbers from the year before, but missed a handful of games due to injuries. In Lawrence's final season with the Duck he arguably put up one of the best seasons in College football history by a HB. 2535 yards, 32 rushing TD's 7.5 ypc, 30 rushes of over 20 yards good for 181.1 yards a game, all while leading his team to a national title. "

You can take pictures of your players when viewing ingame replays. If you need help with taking pictures let me know.

As this is only our 3rd season we may have a pretty small class since alot of guys are not eligible. Based on the size of the class will be how many guys get inducted into the hall of fame. As we are nearing the end of the season now will be the time to start nominating your guys. So if you think you have a player go ahead and fill out the app and post it here. You can also nominate other players that are not on your team.

In the offseason we will have the voting and you will not be able to vote for your own players, so please do not turn this into a stat whore fest or you will be penalized.

2. Hova

So remember since this is only our 3rd season only Sophomore (RS) and Juniors are eligible.

I will allow Juniors so we actually have a class because not many people are going to have Sophomore RS that are any good

3. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

This is a great idea, I hope to have some nominee's in the future.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

so much talent on the buckeyes...

5. Hova

I will be nominating my player now so you guys can get a feel for how it works.

First Name: Armon
    Last Name: Armstead
    Home State: NA
    Hometown: NA
    Team: UCS Trojans
    Position: DT
    Number: 94
    Year Left Program or Class: RS Junior
    Team Captain: No

Career Stats: 71 Tackles, 19 TFL, 8 Sacks

[​IMG]

Current Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Strength: 89
    Tackle: 90
    Hit Power: 92
    Power Move: 92
    Finess Move: 84

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time:
    Position:
    Overall:

Career Awards *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 2011 11-0
    Conference Titles: 2
    National Titles: 0
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

Coach Comments: This kid is a beast in the trenches standing 6'6 and almost 300 pounds with incredible strength. He shuts down the middle of the field on a constant basis and is already a 97 being only a RS Junior. He is constantly a force in the middle and is similar to the Suh type. The best underclassmen on the defense and perhaps the best player on the defense if he stays for his senior season.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ohio State nominates

First Name: Jaamal
    Last Name: Berry
    Team: THE Ohio State Buckeyes
    Position: HB
    Number: 23
    Year Left Program or Class: Junior

Career Stats: 286 Attempts, 1,499 yds, 22 TDs

[​IMG]

Current Ratings:
    Overall: 92
    Speed: 96
    Strength: 70
    Agility: 94
    Acceleration: 99
    Break Tackle: 85
    Trucking: 86
    Elusiveness: 89
    BCV: 86
    Stiff Arm: 80
    Spin: 90
    Juke: 88
    Carrying: 84
    Release: 86
    Stamina: 88
    Injury: 90

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time:
    Position:
    Overall:

Career Awards *optional

2010 Best Returner

Record of Team for years he was there: 2011 8-4 (under Coach M)
    Conference Titles: None under Coach Masler
    National Titles: None under Coach Masler
    Bowl Games/Wins: None under Coach Masler

Coach Comments: Jaamal is one of our best athletes out their. I know he didn't see much playing time his first two years but I gave him a chance and wow am I impressed. This kid is quick to break away from defenders and can take them head on if he needs to. At 5'11 he is a bit short but runs over the tallest of defenders as if they weren't there. This season he has more than tripled his TD's and yardage. On the season he has 1,262 yards and 17 TDs. Before that he only had about 200 some yards and 5 TDs. Only 7 fumbles in his career here. This kid has really proved himself on the field and I would love to see him back on the field in 2012.

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

^
    ||. Faillllllll

8. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

What should we look for in voting for HOF players; statistics, ratings, longevity, awards? I guess the obvious answer may be all of the above.

Whatever the criteria, I don't think Tech will have one this year.

9. Hova

All of the above. I expect this will be better in future years

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Hate to burst your bubbles but Berry and Armstead are in the default rosters and were not user recruited. To be elgible they would have to be a RS Freshman or Sophmore according to rule #1 in our dynasty.

11. Hova

Ya thats why i put Juniors are exception, it is impossible for any of these to be user recruited so I made that exception. Perhaps i should re edit it to make it more clear lol

12. Hova

If you guys dont have the time to fill this out just PM me with what player you want to nominate and i will fill it out and post it for you. If you can please take a picture of them and upload it then i will get it from there, thanks

13. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I'm in the opposite boat, I have the time but no one that's HOF material yet.

14. Hova

Ya that seems to be the problem. We need atleast 3-4 before we can have a large enough class to vote on. If we dont get anymore by the bowl weeks, we will cancel this years ballot

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im with tmac. I dont think UCLA has anyone HOF worthy at this point. I'll double check tonight when I get home but im pretty sure they dont.

16. Hova

K thanks guys, How about penn st and Michigan? Texas? You guys should have some pretty stellar Juniors

17. Hokie Effect

Nominations for HOF

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    NAME YEAR POS OVR RATING CAREER STATS EXTRAS
    Kevin Newsome rsSO QB 90 7600yds 55 TD 927yds 27 TD Freshman AA
    Derek Smith JR WR 88 139 rec 2361yds 17 TD
    Jack Crawford rsJR DE 99 99 tack 17 sacks

18. Hova

Thanks hokie, can you grab some pics of Newsome and crawford in your BCS game? I will need them for the applications and record keeping if they get inducted

19. Hova

-----------

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If it is okay I would like to wait until the offseason so as to not jinx Denard from coming back.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

damn how long did I hurt him for

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It says a week left but I'm worried he ma bounce after this season.

23. Hova

Deadline for HOF applications will be monday night at 10pm EST. (that will give you a chance to check denards status if you want to get him in this)

24. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

First Name: Ju ju
    Last Name: Clayton
    Team: Virginia tech
    Position: QB
    Number: 12
    Year Left Program or Class: RS Junior

Career Stats: 113.3 qb rating 5812 pass yds. 43 tds

[​IMG]

Current Ratings:
    Overall: 91
    Speed: 86
    Thp: 86
    Tha: 91
    Awareness: 77

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time:
    Position:
    Overall:

Career Awards *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 2011 8-4
    Conference Titles: 0
    National Titles: 0
    Bowl Games/Wins: 1

Coach Comments: This guy has a very high ceiling for nxt year. Hes the undoubted and well tested leader on the field for my team and I expect greatness from this kid nxt year. In 2011 his QB rating was 140.2 and he threw for 3427 yards and 30 tds both va tech school records.

25. Hokie Effect

:RS:SO QB #12 Kevin Newsome
    left for pro draft 2011

OVR- 90
    SPD- 87
    AWR- 73
    THP- 87
    THA- 87

Career passing stats- 145.9 QB RAT 7794yds 57 TD
    Career rushing stats- 1017yds 28 TD

2010 Freshman All-American
    2011 finished 5th in Heisman
    2011 Big Ten Champ
    2011 BCS Champ
    24-1 career record

School Records:
    passing TD career-57
    passing TD season- 31
    passing Yds career- 7794
    passing Yds season- 4596

Comments- Although very young Newsome was a natural leader and fierce competitor. He was plagued with turnovers early in his career, but made plays when it counted most in the big games. Newsome leaves Penn State as its most prolific passer in school history, owning all passing records.

[​IMG]