Introducing the 2nd Annual HOF Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Introducing the 2nd Annual HOF Nomination Thread

The time of the year is upon us again to vote in the best player/s of the OFFL West season. Depending on the amount of entrys anywhere from 1-3 guys can be inducted this year and join QB Kevin Newsome in the OFFL West Hall of Fame.

Here is the sample application that everyone should go off of when submitting players they would like to induct. All players are fair game including those who were nominated last season. I will be the decider of who gets on the final ballot. Voting for the HOF will take place after the national title game so you have until then to get your applications in. Here is the sample:

First Name: David
    Last Name: Lawrence
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: Texas Oregon
    Position: HB
    Number: 27
    Year Left Program: 2013
    Hand: Right
    Team Captain: N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed:95
    Break Tackle: 94
    Awareness: 81
    Agility: 91
    Acceleration: 94
    Catch: 81
    Elusiveness: 89
    Spin Move: 93
    Stamina: 89
    Juke Move: 90

Recruiting Information *optional

Recruited Prestige:
    40 Time: 4.34
    Position: #1
    Overall: #7

Career Awards *optional

2010: RED SHIRT
    2011: All-American Freshmen Team
    2012: NONE
    2013: ALL AMERICAN, Maxwell Award winner, Doak Walker Award winner, runner up in the Heisman

Team Stats/Records *optional

Record of Team for years he was there: 11-3, 11-2, 13-1 (35-5)
    Conference Titles: 2 (2011, 2013)
    National Titles: 1
    Bowl Games/Wins: 2

Coach Comments: Lawrence was a star from the moment he stepped on campus. After red shirting for a season, he was thrust into the starting position due to the departure of incumbent LaMichael James. Even though Lawrence was in a time share, he did amass an amazing 2,590 total yards (1,074 from scrimmage) and 15 TD's. In his Sophmore year, Lawrence put up similar numbers from the year before, but missed a handful of games due to injuries. In Lawrence's final season with the Duck he arguably put up one of the best seasons in College football history by a HB. 2535 yards, 32 rushing TD's 7.5 ypc, 30 rushes of over 20 yards good for 181.1 yards a game, all while leading his team to a national title. "[/B]

Be sure to include a photo of your player (take one in your next game for the person you want to nominate)

Post all applications here. Take your time as you have till the end of the season to get them in. Thanks guys

2. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Commish I need a quick reminder here. Is this a career HOF or are we voting on just a season-by-season basis? I hope my question makes sense.

3. Hova

Career basis, Career stats can be used for your argument and should be

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

First Name: JuJu
    Last Name: Clayton
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: Va Tech
    Position: QB
    Number: 12
    Year Left Program: 2013

[​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 95
    Speed:86
    Awareness: 83
    Acceleration: 87
    Throwing Power: 87
    Throwing Accuracy: 94

Career Awards *optional

2012: O'Brien Award Finalist, Lock for AA

Record of Team for years he was there: Since ive been coach 14-4
    Conference Titles: 0
    National Titles:
    Bowl Games/Wins: 1

Coach Comments: JuJu Clayton is our leader on the field and off it. He holds every single Va Tech Qb record their is. His career stats speak volumes about this guy:

132 career Qb rating
    9052 Career Passing yards
    75 Career Passing TDs

I couldnt have asked for a better QB to start with. This guy is a virtual lock to be a top 3 Qb taken in the draft and he still has 1 more game to go. Hes had many clutch performances for us this year. He wasnt asked to do much for us at the beginning of the year but manage the game, but when both Starting Rbs went down the team could have easily folded and lost composure. JuJu would allow no such thing as we reeled off 3 wins to end the season and he has possibly led us to a BCS Bowl in our Key RBs absences. Right now We are the #1 offense in the nation with the #3 Pass offense and its all because of JuJu. I Cant imagine what more you could possibly want from a Senior leader. If i could vote for him i surely would but if your looking for a guy worthy and deserving of your vote JuJu is your guy.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

First Name: Jamaal
    Last Name: Berry
    Home State: N/A
    Hometown: N/A
    Team: Ohio State
    Number: 23
    Year Left Program: 2012

[​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 97
    Speed: 97
    Break Tackle: 90
    Awareness: 71
    Agility: 95
    Acceleration: 99
    Elusiveness: 93
    Spin Move: 93
    Stamina: 90
    Juke Move: 91
    Trucking: 89
    BCV: 89
    Carrying: 86

Career Awards *optional

2010: Best Returner
    2012: Best Returner, Heisman Runner-up, Walker Runner-up,

Record of Team for years he was there: Since I've been coach, 3-4, 11-1
    Conference Titles: None under Coach Masler
    National Titles: None under Coach Masler
    Bowl Games/Wins: 0

2012 Season Stats/Career

Rushing Attempts: 284/591
    Yards Rushing: 1269/2856
    Avg yds per Game: 97/68
    Rushing TDs: 20/42
    Longest Rush: 50/66
    Broken Tackles: 20/50

Coach Comments: Berry is an awesome player. Every time he touches the ball we are at least 5 yards closer to six points. He may not be the type to bust out a huge run, but he works those trenches like a true fighter. He has only started for 2 years here at Ohio State and has made a huge impact. He helped lead us to an 11-1 record and that is nothing to complain about, we hope to make it 12-1 as we still have our bowl game to play. It was a pain to see him get injured in the big bowl game but this kid still deserves a great award after coming up short on the Heisman.

6. Hova

First Name: Tyler
    Last Name: Richardson
    Home State:
    Hometown:
    Team: USC
    Position: SS
    Number: 42
    Year Left Program: Junior
    Team Captain: Y

[​IMG]

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 85
    Speed:92
    Agility: 89
    Acceleration: 95
    Tackle: 81
    Hit power: 92

Career Awards *optional

2011: Thorpe Runner up
    2012: All American, Thorpe Winner, Defensive Player of the year finalist.

Career Stats: 147 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 11 INTS, 185 INT Yards, 10 Deflections, 3 FF. 2 Fumble recovery's, 3 TDs.

Team Stats/Records

Record of Team for years he was there: 12-1, 11-1
    Conference Titles: 2 (2011, 2012)
    National Titles: 0
    Bowl Games/Wins: 1

Coach Comments: "Richardson has been the leader of the defense now going on 2 years. He has an incredible statline this season as follows: 93 Tackles, Sack, 7 INT, 154 INT yds, 3 TDs, 5 Deflections, 3 forced fumbles. As you can see he is dominant at every facet of the game with big hits, tackles, and interceptions. He has been the key force all year in the secondary leading the #1 USC pass defense. His mixture of speed and power is rare and he is the best safety in the nation winning the thorpe this season and is only a junior. "

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No Michigan nominees this year. Fingers crossed that Lalota returns to be recognized next year.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG]

Senior WR Devon Smith
    OVR- 94
    SPD- 98
    CTCH- 81
    SP CTCH- 83
    RLS- 93​

2012 stats
    rec-94 rec 1743 yds 22 TD
    KR/PR- 1066 yds 3 TD

Career Stats
    rec- 238 rec 4160 yds 39 TD
    KR/PR- 3579 yds 8 TD

School Records
    Holds ALL Penn State's Receiving Records

Awards
    Heisman, Maxwell, Best WR, All-American

Team
    45-7, 1 BCS title, 1 Rose Bowl, 3 Big Ten titles,

Devon Smith has contributed to the Nittany Lions both as a WR and KR/PR since his freshman season, but it wasn't until his senior season that he showed how much of a threat he can be on the field despite his small stature collecting the Heisman, Maxwell, Best WR, and AA honors. Smith is only 5' 7" 163lbs, which makes his numbers even more impressive. I think it is a no brainer that Smith deserves HOF recognition, but I do know the voters might be swayed away because of 1 Nittany Lion already in the HOF. So we at Penn State ask that you vote with your head and not your emotions.

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

First Name: LaMichael
    Last Name: James
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 189
    Home State: Texas
    Hometown: New Boston
    Team: Oregon
    Number: 21
    Year Left Program: Senior
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Ratings:
    Overall: 96
    Speed:95
    Break Tackle: 91
    Awareness: 80
    Agility: 93
    Acceleration: 99
    Catch: 72
    Elusiveness: 89
    Spin Move: 89
    Juke Move: 99
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Awards/Accomplishments
    2009 Best Returner
    Schools All-Time Leaduing Rusher
    2011 Second Team All-PAC-10
    2012 First Team All-PAC-10
    3 Year Starter
    2 Straight Bowl Wins
    18-8 his last two seaosns

2012 STATS
    Rush: 299
    Yds: 1,424
    TD: 14
    AVG: 4.7
    Rec: 19
    Yds: 165
    AVG: 8.7
    TD: 1

CAREER STATS
    Rush: 800
    Yds: 3,561
    TD: 37
    AVG: 4.5
    Rec: 54
    Yds: 624
    AVG: 11.6
    TD: 4
    Coach Comments: LaMichael has been everything to this offense since I took over two years ago. Are offense has been dependent on him. At 5'9 and under 200 pounds you would not think he would be able to handle the rushing load that I threw on him, but he did so without ever missing a full game. LJ gave me a home run threat and a guy who can push the pile an extra yard on third and one. His stats speak for themselves and I look forward to watching LeMichael on Sunday's in the future.

(I'm trying to get the EA Site to work for me. I'll post a pic when I figure it out.)

10. Hova

All nominations are due by tonight at midnight EST time

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Hopefully EVERYONE VOTES THIS TIME