Introducing the new Spartan Coach

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

First, I'd like to say thanks for letting me jump into your league and what appears to be a very well-oiled machine. My name is Mark and I'm a thirty-something husband and father of two that lives in San Diego. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and graduated from Michigan State in '98.

I've been playing NCAA since it was called Bill Walsh and have logged well over 200 seasons of dynasty play through the years. I've been the commish of my own OLD that has maintained a group of 9-10 guys for a total of 20+ seasons over the past three years. I'm passionate about the game and the experience of building up a program and look forward to doing that here with you.

As a Spartan and Lions fan, I've had my share of frustrating football experiences. I'm used to taking over an ailing Spartan team and building them up to the national powerhouse that every MSU fan desires. I'm not accustomed to taking over a 6-star MSU team and, quite frankly, can't quite figure out how that happened organically within the Crop. Nonetheless, I look forward to working with the wealth of talent I have inherited to keep the Spartans as the top football program in the state of Michigan and in the Big Ten.

The last quarter of 2011 was a train-wreck for me (personally) and my gaming time was one of the casualties. Now that we're into 2012 and things have settled down, I'm getting the playbook and gameplan back in shape. I just hope it's good enough to survive my pre-season H2H schedule.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Welcome and looking forward to the challenge.

But for the record, I'm the community stepping stone to launch a great career!

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Welcome aboard

There haven't been any user teams in the Big Ten until the last three or four seasons, and Sparty has become the dominant CPU team in the Big Ten. I think they may have been in a title game but am sure they are a fixture in the top ten.

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Agreed. They have been "fo realz" for some time now.

5. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

They won a national title and have played for two others I believe.