Introducing: "Tradition Sports Academy" FIFA Pro Clubs

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by nellycuz, Dec 27, 2013.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Xbox One Clubs
    Fellow TSO Clubbers,

Tradition Sports Online is taking its FIFA Club experience to the next level on the Xbox 1. We are introducing the “Tradition Sports Academy” for FIFA Online Clubs. This will be run much like a real life soccer academy is run. There will be a developmental team which will act as a feeder team into our TSO FC squad. The two teams together will be known as our own “academy.” I will be the Academy manager, making decisions on who will be called up to the TSO FC on club nights, organizing those club nights, keeping track of records/stats of players on club nights, and will oversee recruitment and look to build our academy talent from the ground up. I’ll explain in further detail below:

What this means: We will be creating a second team, to start fresh and serve as our TSO FC premier squad. This team will ONLY be playing on the club nights designated. This will be Wednesday and Sunday nights, time is TBD. I will be choosing and posting the members who will play on these nights in the forum. I will also determine the positions and formations to be played. We will be keeping track and posting our results on these nights as well. We will also have some player stats to keep track of on these nights as well (passing accuracy, tackles won, turnovers, match rating and of course goals/assists). These stats will be used to help aid possible movement between the developmental and premier squads. So we don’t get too complacent when playing on these nights, the maximum # games to be played consecutively in one night on our TSO FC squad will be five. If we want to play more, we can switch to the development team and keep playing.

When the developmental squad is organizing a night to play, we hope to have at least one of our premier squad members present to organize and coach a bit (most nights there should be more than one). NOT EVERYONE IS A GREAT STRIKER OR CAM. You will need to learn multiple positions, so these nights are a time to do just that. Learning a defensive position will benefit you greatly as those are the most sought after positions in most clubs. We will be trying people at different positions based on need, skill set, and overall knowledge of the game. You may be provided with feedback following a nights play by a veteran, premier player, or someone who knows the game better than you. DON’T TAKE THIS PERSONAL! For this whole thing to work, we need to take constructive criticism for what it’s worth, and look to make some changes in your play. Any issues, please contact myself via PM.

What this doesn’t mean: This doesn’t mean, those who are chosen for the first night of play for the premier squad, will never play with or on the feeder squad again (myself included). This doesn’t mean those who don’t get called upon for a few club nights will never get an opportunity to play on the premier squad.

TSO Vision for FIFA Club Academy: I think we all want to get better at FIFA Clubs as a team in some way or another. Some of us might be more serious about this than others but one thing we can all agree on, losing is for the birds. In starting this academy, we want to improve our overall talent as a whole community (TSO). In doing so, we will have our veteran members organize club nights for the developmental squad to help coach, scout and develop new talent to eventually get called upon to play on our premier squad, TSO FC. We want to use our academy/academies to eventually build more premier teams (last year we had 30-40 guys playing clubs somewhat regularly). As FIFA clubbers continue to convert to next gen consoles, my hope is to eventually enter into some tournaments/leagues where we can represent TSO as a community and see how we rank against other serious FIFA Clubs.

More information is to follow.

• Like Like x 6
  2. nellycuz

The first TSO FC official Club Night will be Wednesday night January 1st at 930 pm est. I will be gathering and putting a lineup together in the next few days leading up to Wednesday night. Results, lineups, and stats will be posted, let's get things rolling!

• Like Like x 6
  3. nellycuz

Xbox One Clubs
    Mattputt13
    Culv3r

A few notes and thoughts from this past week:

-I'll be posting the squad and lineups publicly a few days before each match day (Sun/Weds nights). If you are selected to the lineup for that day, please respond if you can make it ASAP. If you're 50/50 , please just declare out for that specific night, and we will get someone else in there.

-After posting the most recent lineup for our first night of play, there were a few of you who were butthurt about it. I was (and some others were too) disappointed to see some of you act like that. It's hard enough choosing the squad for each night, let alone seeing people act childish about not being picked. People want to piss and moan, but not one of you came to me, drift, moon, or anyone else about why you weren't selected, what other positions you want to be considered for, what you need to work on, etc. I stepped up to do this for everyone on TSO who play clubs. It's fun as hell and I want us all to get better and get our name out there. Don't hesitate to PM one of us...it will show us you care, and want to get better.

-The idea of the TSO Academy was not to be run like a U7 lollipop league where everyone gets even amount playing time and everyone gets a trophy even if we lose. We want to win, and we are going to put the best lineup out there, bottom line. I want to climb the ranks for the TSO Club table and shoot for the division one promotion. We have the talent here, we just need to get better instead of settling for mediocrity.

-To help people gauge where they are at, I've posted below a depth chart we will go by. Again, this is just to give everyone an idea of where we as a club, think you are at. Ultimately, I'll have the final say but I will try to go by this the best I can and update it as needed.

ST
    Electrickeeper
    Shaun
    Radar
    Kasper
    Moon
    stlmang

CAM
    Drifter
    Moon
    Kasper
    Nelly
    Dan

RM/LM
    Moon
    Nelly
    Keller
    Shaun
    Dan
    Radar
    publik
    IBO

CDM
    Kasper
    Keller
    Dan
    Roggie
    Nelly
    Moon
    Stlmang
    Caniac (krt golfing)
    Talented one (Matt Putt)
    IBO
    Public drunk

GK
    Talented One (Mattputt)
    Danthraxxx

LB/RB
    Sawemoff
    Shaun
    Publik
    IBO
    Dan

CB
    Culver
    iBO
    Sawemoff

ANY
    Kasper
    Nelly
    Drifter

NOTE: Just because I posted this doesn't mean we are going to 11v11 next club night. Like I said earlier in the week, we will add more people as we see fit, in hopes to eventually be able to field a whole 11 players on a squad and play good futbol. We did great last night with 7 people.

If I forgot anyone, I apologize. I'm doing this from memory, please just send me a PM and we'll get it updated

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    For the record, the reason I was "butthurt" was because I had been included on the PM for the first match night, so I assumed I was playing. I cleared my schedule to play only to find out a couple hours before hand that I wasn't on the squad. I'm fine with not being good enough to crack the starting line up (though I disagree that the CPU is an upgrade over me), but last night at 9:30 PM, I was left with an empty club when I had expected to play. I'm sure that's fun for the guys selected.

• Like Like x 3
  6. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

Any way to make a separate group for this? I want to play with the causal club occasionally but don't want to be apart of this drama.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

just take me off the depth chart.. no reason to play with guys who are "disappointed" in me, this is suppose to be fun and im not having fun reading this post.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nellycuz

I understand your frustration and I will do the lineups publicly going forward, thanks for your feedback. For the record, you never responded that you were available that night in the message. I posted the lineup a day or 2 before last night. I tagged the whole group which included the lineup in the post. This will be how it's done going forward, I thought I was clear in that regard.

Most of us are better than the CPU. However, our 'ANY' runs those CPU players. If I see a player who plays RB/CB consistently and consistently well like saw, that will better your chances at taking one of those defender CPU/ANY positions and crack the lineup.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

You'd be a bit ticked off too if this happened -

Hey were gonna try to play on X date , I will announce the lineups

X date comes = these guys here play , the rest of guys just do whatever , we don't care if you play together or not or who plays where to "get better"

You'd also be annoyed if you had the best pro ,played the most games by a mile ,and would be no worse than the 4th best player on the team but was not only left off the roster but not even addressed or even asked about any input.

Glad I was not there to hold you guys back , good luck rest of the way (y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

The way I look at it, plan on playing these nights at this time, no matter if you're on the academy squad or not. Then the non starters can get their chances ( and I'm sure we'll cross paths) to stomp their ass in for not picking you that night

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

go go gadget neck!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Seems like your perception of your play is not what others think it is. You should have a discussion to find out why that is. Perhaps there is a disconnect that can be resolved.

Also, as a correction to the quoted text below, the roster was posted 5 days before the matchday.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah I guess I should not have assumed that having he highest rated pro and highest assist to game average would have gotten me some playing time.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Again, you are lobbing grenades over the wall. Have the discussion.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This was a good post to start and then started to roll down hill.

Everyone plan to play these nights... whichever team you are on then that's that.

18. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

So if you weren't selected and came across the TSA squad you would just let them win?

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Why have a discussion with people who would rather play a turnover machine who can't even switch the ball without putting it into the stands ? Would you think that discussion is worth having if you were me ?

Anywho man my last post on it , good luck guys.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yes, I think it's worth it.

Do what you want, Dan. But I'm not the only one that is going to tell you that your perception is way out of whack on this, brother.

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

:shrugs:

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Well for one that wouldn't happen because they are in different divisions.

But I would hope nobody would let anybody win. I don't know why you would even ask such a question.

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The scrub team beat the shit out of the A team whenever we played last year.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    FWIW, the 'B' team included people who couldn't make it on regular nights. So guys like Michael Woodward started showing up and pushing people's shit in.

But the comparisons are lost. Because this setup avoids drawing a hard line between anything. Everyone plays for Tradition FC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Very true. Was just saying it as an example to ibo so he wouldn't keep acting like that.