Introduction...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Feb 19, 2011.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I don't know about you guys, but I am one who likes to know a little about my fellow league members. I'm not a psycho, at least not that I'm aware of, and I certainly don't care to know what your credit card # is. I just like to know my fellow league members in a general sense such as your first and last name (or initial), your team, your age, where you're from, and your occupation (or school major) if you have one. Anything beyond that is cool, too. You can be as detailed or as vague as you want to be. I just think it's helpful from a league standpoint to sometimes know a little about one another and where your opponent is coming from. I'll go ahead and start, and feel free to respond with details about yourself.

NAME: Doug Olson
    TEAM: Twins

What's good gents. Obviously I'm a Twins fan. Always have been since about age 5. That's what happens when you grow up in Northern Wisconsin and have the majority of your family in or from Minnesota. I'm married and have two kids ages 2 and 5. I'm an endurance runner and weight train 3-4 times per week in addition to my runs. As you can tell by my signature, I'm also a Co-commissioner of a Madden league here at TSO. So with the fam, work, and the Madden league, I can have my hands full at times. With all of that, I'll still be able to manage playing our MLB games for this league as well. I certainly won't be as good at MLB The SHOW as I am at Madden (I'm not being modest, I stink at The SHOW), but I'm more interested in playing for fun in a league setting anyway. I'll be happy if I make .500 and potentially spoil somebody's playoff hopes. With that said, good luck to everyone and remember that somebody always winds up losing in the end and that we're all here to just have some fun!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

NAME: Chris Jurewicz
    TEAM: Phillies

Well I was born in Philadelphia and grew up a Philadelphia Everything fan (Sixers, Eagles, Flyers, Phillies), going to games at the Vet since before I can remember (I witnessed Michael Irvin's broken vertabrae game where the crowd cheered at his injury), and have been a member of the Philly Phanatic Birthday Club since my 1st birthday. My family moved to Arizona in the late 90s so my dad could start his own flooring business in a booming market, and it worked out well for him and my family. I've enjoyed my time here and gotten used to the heat, and am going to school here currently, but I still plan on living my adult life outside of Arizona. As for TSO, I am commissioner of an NCAA league (East Coast Brawl) and can be seen trolling the chatbox on occasion. I'm very excited to get into a league for The Show, as me and my roommates have been having heated rivalries since MLB 08, but sadly those are the only people I've ever played, and we're all terrible, so I'm going to need this monster rotation in Philly to keep my team decent. I'm in this league to have fun mostly, as my stick skills stay in the football/basketball genres.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

NAME: Michael G.
    TEAM: Brewers

Born and raised in the west Chicago burbs. Currently a student. Just got my AA and now working on some other stuff. Cubs, Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks fan. This is my second stint in a TSO league. I spent some time in a NCAA league last season.

4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

NAME: Andrew L.
    TEAM: Red Sox

Born and raised a Red Sox fan in Connecticut...thankfully I ended up on the 'right' side of the state. UConn alum and diehard fan, but baseball has been and always will be my number one sport. I'm brand new to TSO; recruited from Operation Sports to help start out a PS3 FIFA league. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get in on some baseball league action. As far as The Show goes, I've always been a much better pitcher than hitter, so hopefully my staff will carry me through the season.

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NAME: Jeff

TEAM: Cardinals

I may be the "Ole Man" of the bunch this season, so take it easy on my Cards. I am a huge college football fan, but I love playing online baseball. I bought a PS3 solely for this game 3 years ago. I have been involved in online gaming for years. My first online experience came way back in the dial up days with the Dreamcast, where I played in the old SFL. I dont even remember that old website but I still see some of the guys around. I then played in the RDFL on the 360 for many years until my 360 died and I got a PS3.

I T.F last July and mu new home. I played in the "GBN" Premiere until this past week when my game disc was damaged by my kids. I also played in Mac in the USA.

I am a Robbery Detective for a major city ( wont say which one for obvious reasons) in Tennessee and have worked there for 16 years. I love my job, because its not your average 9-5 job. I usually see or hear something crazy every week. My online gaming is a stress reliever for me.

6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

NAME: Rob M.
    TEAM: NY Mets

I'm a huge lifelong Mets fan dating back to the mid 80's the days of Daryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden. I'm also a big NY Giants,NY Knicks, and Florida State Football fan. I'm a huge baseball fan which is why I decided to try and head up a league here for MLB the Show. I grew up in a small town in Florida where they had no close baseball,football,or basketball teams. 1 of the 1st teams i ever watched on TV were the NY Mets so I started following them right away when I was about 10 yrs old. Since then I have been to several Mets games most recently at the new Citi Field. I am married and ironically enough I met my wife here in Florida and she is from Farmingdale, NY which is about 20 minutes away from Citi Field. Its always interesting with both of our families around football season with the Giants and Jets haha. I am just trying to help us succeed in having fun while playing some friendly games of baseball win or lose. I feel we have a solid core of guys but ultimately it doesnt matter what I say or do its the owners that make the league work. I like to quote a guy that was one of the best league commissioners ive ever been associated with and his quote was "Its your league, make it work"

7. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Vols! I thought that was you man!!!! What league were we in? We used to play a ton of football. Was it a 2K league? Good to see you!

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Yeah I thought that was you as well. I do think it was some 2k leagues on the 360. Nice to hear from you again.

9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

NAME: Chris

TEAM: Dodgers

I am a IT Purchasing analyst for a decent sized trading firm in downtown Chicago. I have been playing in various online sports leagues for about 8 years now. I started out playing exclusively in Madden online leagues and franchise leagues but quickly the fever spread and I started playing in online FIFA leagues, NBA 2K leagues, and of course our beloved MLB The Show leagues. I was a member of the Golden Sombraro online leagues which was fun however the league died rather quickly. I look forward to hopefully playing with you all throughout the Spring, Summer, and hopefully into the Fall and Winter. I am pretty confident we have a great, diverse group of individuals here and it should make for some great games and hopefully delectable rivalries.

I grew up in the LA area and lived there for approximately 22 years which is why I am such a diehard Dodger fan. I am also a big Lakers fan. I look forward to playing the the Dodgers and hopefully I can pitch and play defense because my lineup isn't very potent to say the least. I look forward to developing rivalries with the Rockies (again like the Sombraro days) and the hated Giants.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

NAME: Ryan Raftery

TEAM: Tigers
    OCCUPATION: Quality Control Department Manager for a Tier 1 supplier of Nissan

I've relocated with my employer twice now. Born and raised in the Metro Detroit area and attended the University of Michigan, majoring in industrial engineering. I'm a major Michigan fan and all of the Detroit sports teams. I moved to Janesville, WI when I was 25 and lived there for two years before the company called to move me to a much warmer, sunnier climate in wonderful middle Tennessee. I'm pretty passionate about my teams almost to a fault... I have a strong disdain for everything Ohio, with exception of the Browns, and generally dislike all rivals of my teams... Kind of typical though, right?

I've been in online gaming for a while, and was in a league called MBCMO 8 years ago. This guy made his own website and we kept our stats, etc. online. The commish was way ahead of the times, cause the site is a lot like XFN's now.

Anyhow, I'm in the PMFL with Doug and run with the Detroit Lions and have been in several NCAA leagues, but only currently holding on to The Pride. I'll play the occasional NBA 2K or Call of Duty, but the football titles and The Show are my mainstays.

I'm excited to get the ball rolling here and can't wait to square off with the Twins. As I've proclaimed to Doug already, I'm going to plunk Joe Mauer in his mutton chops with a high fast one from Zumaya when we square off.

11. papi83dm

papi83dm Walk On

NAME: Jose
    TEAM: Rays

I'm and IT guy, I used to be a software developer before I switched to IT. I ran the MVP League from 2001 to 2008. Looking forward to play in this league.

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

NAME: Matthew Adamski

TEAM: White Sox

I used to be the biggest Yankee fan around but them signing Alex Rodriguez to a 10 year contract was the last straw for me. I slowly started disliking a lot of the players on the team and the fact that they just signed everyone without regard for fiscal responsibility or team chemistry was driving me nuts. Hating the Red Sox for so long meant that the signing of Johnny Damon felt like a betrayal to me. So now I am a man without a team, though I still maintain my Red Sox hatred. I watch the Yanks and Mets often since I live in NY but I don't have the same level of passion for their games as I used to. I still love the sport and can find something interesting in almost any matchup (fantasy sports helps in that regard).

I have been on TSO since December of 2009 and have been a member of the NCAA dynasty BCS Chaos the entire time. I love that league and the atmosphere that the site as a whole has fostered. I was in a Madden League a few years back but it didn't last very long and the options were limited back then. I was also a part of last year's Show league as the White Sox (just a coincidence, I have no allegiance to them) but I dropped out due to the lag. I'm not very good at hitting but the Show is the best game in town so how could I now give it another go around?

13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yankee lover converted to a Yankee hater. Interesting...

14. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I don't really hate them, just don't like them like I used to. Paul O'Neill, aka The Warrior, will always be my favorite player. The only true passions are have are hatred of the Red Sox and Phillies.

15. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    NAME: Matt

TEAM: Cubs

Currently studying political science and criminal investigations at Western Illinois University. I have a passion for baseball and football but also follow hockey and basketball regularly.

16. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Name: Townie33
    Team: Cincinnati Reds
    Age: Age is just a number. And my number is pretty high! (makes Vols look young, and my kids are older than some of you!)
    Occupation: I will give you a hint; I hope none of my players/students find out I hang out here. ;) I know the detective will figure it out.

I am currently coaching/teaching and don't have much time for such things (as gaming). Season will be winding down soon and should have more time. Have been at my craft for a very, very long time. One of the greatest occupations out there. I highly recommend it! Kids keep you young, involved, and rarely a dull moment. As for gaming, have been at it for a very long time as well. It is relaxing. I only play the sports games. Actually only baseball and football with some golf mixed in. The basketball games are not very realistic for my taste. And since games have gone online I have met some great friends. I used to run my own forums board with multiple leagues. It actually merged with another, larger site. I did podcasts, (hit me up and I'll send you a link) the whole deal. Fun stuff. Pepper invited me here from VSN. Glad I jumped.

Have been, and always will be, a Cincinnati Reds fan. Was lucky enough to go to the World Series in 1970, 1972, 1975, 1976. Had tix in 1990 but they swept the A's before my game six tickets game around. No, I haven't always lived in and around Chicago.

17. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

NAME: Nick Knight
    TEAM: Nationals

Currently my last semester of undergrad and then will begin looking for a job in the legal field while improving my LSAT score and hopefully land in Law School fall '12. I hope to be getting away from Kentucky during my professional career but I will die a Kentuckian. I played college baseball for 3 years and decided not to play this year cause of shoulder problems and other reasons. College football is probably my #1 passion and Florida State is my love.

My TF career (I will always call it TF) I helped build Coast2Coast, I am part of Saturdays Heroes and Real Men of Genius, FIFA league and will help commish this MLB and Tiger Tour. I participated in at one point or another in: Tradition 1, Trifecta, Southern Exposure (League of Champions now?) and I believe that is it...

MLB: Cincinnati has always been the home team and attend a few games in the summer. I have always been a huge Manny fan since the Indian days and followed him closely in Boston and actually attended 2 games while in high school at Fenway Park with some buddies. After he was released I basically just became a fan of baseball with the exception of the Yankees. When the Expos decided to move to Washington and they had their inaugural year, I decided to jump on the Nats wagon. I follow the players that I like and mainly the Reds, Nationals and Red Sox.
    • Nelson Cruz
    • Manny
    • Josh Beckett
    • Edinson Volquez
    • Ryan Zimmerman
    • Hanley
    just to name a few

18. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

What do you coach?

As for me

Team: Rangers

Im a coach/teacher at my high school alma-mater, but its amazing how much things have changed since ive been there. Last year, I was the assistant baseball coach, and this year, they put me as the head softball coach for some reason, but im learning to love it. I was a member of a few of the NCAA leagues last year, but didnt hop in any this year. I was in both of the Show leagues we had last year and it was a ton of fun, cant wait to do it again.

19. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

NAME: TJ Mims
    TEAM: Yankees

What's going on guys.

I currently work at the Stanford Cancer Center, running the Mammography academic office for the School of Medicine and some clinical tasks. I get up at 5 AM and don't get home between 5 and 6. Currently I live with my GF of 6 years and enjoy every minute of it. Especially since she is letting me transform our spare room into a man-cave so I can play my games in a proper environment with you knuckleheads. I'm a big Yankees/Jets fan. I really don't get into any other sports. I will watch the occasional Sharks game, but I follow baseball and football mainly. I shouldn't admit this, but Im 100x the Jets fan than I am a Yankees fan. I love football.

My typical day consists of work, gym, cooking, spending time with the GF and my pup....and of course playing my league games. I spend a lot of my time doing each of these. I love to live in the kitchen since great food is one of my favorite things in life. I currently am rehabbing my hamstring that I tore back in December while playing a game of football in the rain. I hauled in a deep bomb for a TD, but the mother effer hurt like hell. It feels alot better now and I am able to move around playing softball once a week. I'm a big fan of dogs. I currently have a Lab/Beagle/Pit Bull mix who I spend alot of my time playing with when I am home. She's actually staring at me right now probably looking for some food. Heh....

Either way, I'm looking forward to the league and hopefully we turn TBL into a huge success that runs through the entirity of the baseball season. I feel we have a good core group of players here, so lets make it happen...

20. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Post a pic of your dog Scikotic.

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

22. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Awesome, lol.

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

A dog contest, eh....

[​IMG]