Introductions

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, May 18, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm Jello.

Is that quick enough?

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Name: Jordan Cantor

Residence: East Lansing, MI

Occupation: Currently work doing research at Michigan State University on Diabetic Retinopathy, starting medical school in June.

TSO member since: 2009

Favorite sports to play/watch: I played tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, and ran track in high school and was the captain of the MSU club tennis team for 3 years, but it's not my favorite sport to play. My favorite would be baseball. As far as watching goes, obviously football is my favorite followed closely by baseball. I'd rank college football above any sport. I hate the NBA with a passion and I've never been that big of a hockey fan, though I will watch Red Wing playoff hockey.

Favorite Teams: NCAA: Michigan State
    NFL: Detroit Lions
    MLB: Detroit Tigers

Into any other video games?: I tend to stick to sports games. Not a big Halo or COD guy, though I own both. I am a fan of the mass effect series and the 3rd one coming out in November is going to be one of the most anticipated games in recent memory.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Name: Kori

Residence: Atlanta, GA

College: Arizona St undergrad, Univ of Florida graduate

Favorite sports to play: I played football, basketball, and baseball in high school. I loved football and baseball the most. I played QB and CF and won a state championship in baseball my senior year while taking home all state honors. That would be the highlight of my sports career as I was unable to continue my career at the collegiate level. While at ASU I really got into beach volleyball ( I guess I should say sand since there's no beaches in AZ). I played in 2 on 2 tournaments with a buddy and that was a blast. Outside of that I'm a recreational golfer.

Noteworthy: I'm originally from the Mitten state but wanted to get to some warmer weather and ended up at ASU for school. I'm getting married in July.

Favorite Teams: NCAA: Florida Gators and I love Duke BBall just cause Coach K coaches the game the right way.
    NFL: I guess I pull for the Lions. Outside of that I tend to follow players more so in professional sports

Into any other video games?: The only game I seem to buy anymore is NCAA. I may pickup some story line games here and there if I have time to kill but haven't had much of that recently due to work.

5. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Name: Brent Johnson

Residence: Pelzer, SC

TSO member since: 2011

Favorite sports to play/watch: College football is my favorite to watch. I will watch about any sport that is on, love the womens college world series when its on. Played baseball throughout highschool, and basketball and football only a couple yrs. Currently play Flag Football on the weekends and softball right now. Only watch NFL

Favorite Teams:
    NCAA: Sout Carolina
    MLB: Atlanta Braves

Into any other video games?: Mostly sports games and the COD series. I came over to XBOX from PS3 because everyone of my friends had a XBOX and it was around the time black ops came out. Being that Black Ops was awful I havent played a FPS in about 3 months.​

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Name: Mike Pierce

Residence: Lockport, NY

Occupation: Well, I was working at Citigroup until about a day ago, now I am going to be a full time student and take advantage of the opportunity to go back to school. I will be majoring in Marketing.

Favorite sports to play/watch: I love watching college athletics, you just don't find the amount of heart in professional sports. Other than that I am a big hockey fan, and am starting to be fond of both soccer and lacrosse. I played 5 years of Varsity football from 8th grade through 12, making 1st team honors my Jr and Sr seasons. I could have gone on to play college ball but because of some unfortunate circumstances I didn't go to college right out of high school. I used to be an avid skateboarder and was even tourney sponsored until I was 24. I stopped skateboarding when I found out I had chondromalacia in my left knee.

Favorite Teams:
    NCAA: Notre Dame
    NFL: Buffalo Bills
    MLB: Boston Redsox
    NHL: Buffalo Sabres

Into any other video games?: eh, not really a ton. The only other games besides sports games that I am into are RPG's like Dragon Age.

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Name: Randy Ehrhardt

Residence: Cranford, NJ

TSO member since: August, 2010

College: DeVry University

Favorite sports to play: I played both baseball and football up through high school.

Favorite Teams:
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    New York Yankees
    Liverpool FC

Into any other video games?:
    NCAA
    FIFA
    NHL
    PES
    NASCAR
    ´╗┐Forza
    Battlefield

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Name: Bill

Residence: Indianapolis

Occupation: Worked in South Carolina as a Operations and Warehouse manager. Came back to Indy to go to school.

College: Purdue University

Favorite sports to play/watch: I will watch just about any sport on TV. Only playoff hockey and soccer though lol. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch...and play. I played in HS and just joined my brother's adult baseball league this summer. 0/4 so far, but apparently the starter for the other team was drafted at one point, so time to hit the cages lol!

Favorite Teams:
    NCAA: Purdue
    NFL: Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers
    MLB: Atlanta Braves
    NBA: Indiana Pacers

Into any other video games?: NCAA has always been my favorite game. I play CoD as well.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wooden bats? I played slow pitch softball briefly with some buddies then tried to play catch with a baseball after that. The thing looks like a be-be now. I couldn't imagine how I'd fare stepping into the box against a stud pitcher these days haha.

10. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

We can still use metal, but some tournaments are wood only. My timing is way off right now, and that's before I even worry about curve balls. I could be a one and done this year lol.

11. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

I played one season right out of highschool and gave it up pretty quickly

12. jello1717

Name: Jabbar

Residence: Colorado. Originally from Michigan and lived in Europe (Italy/Germany) for 5 years

College: Michigan State

Favorite sports to play/watch: I played baseball in HS and in the local men's league for a couple of years after that. Pitching was my passion and I played CF inbetween starts. I play basketball recreationally now. Unquestionably my favorite sport is NCAA basketball, followed by NCAA football. I'll watch Red Wing playoff hockey and I absolutely loathe all other professional sports (I haven't watched an NFL game in about 10 years and the last NBA game I watched was in the Larry Bird era).

Favorite Teams:
    NCAA:
    1. Michigan
    2. Michigan State
    3. North Carolina
    NHL: Detroit Red Wings

Into any other video games?: CH2K8, RPGs (Dragon Age on PC is awesome), Civilization 5.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Name: Ryan Lambdin

Residence: Centerville, OH

Occupation: Current University of Cincinnati student. Studying Electrical Engineering (aka Surviving Engineering for now)

Favorite sports to play/watch: College football is the shit. Hands down. Nothing shows the best competition and best storylines (until recently) because money is not on everyone's mind. Also played high school football and played D line. Was the best time of my life.

Favorite Teams: NCAA: Arizona Wildcats
    NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
    MLB: Cincinnati Reds

Into any other video games?: NCAA has been in my life since 2004. I also love the Assassin's Creed series and i play COD from time to time. But mostly my time goes to NCAA.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Name: Matt

Residence: Lansing, MI (soon to be Battle Creek, MI)

Favorite sports to play/watch: I love watching football, mostly college because nothing beats the excitement. So far I've attended just a couple college games but they were great each time. I was priviledged to get tickets to the MSU-ND in 2010 and witnessed in person the Fake FG in OT. I also watch baseball and hockey but usually during the playoffs. I enjoy playing any sport really as long as it keeps me active and interested. Recently got into disc golf last summer and plan to continue this summer, and yes it's a sport.

Favorite Teams: NCAA: Michigan State
    NFL: Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions (if they aren't playing GB)
    NHL: Detroit Redwings

Into any other video games?: I love sport games but I will try anything once. I liked Dragon Age and still play it from time to time. COD is fun but I tend to get bored of it or forget I own it entirely. Was a big Halo player for a while but they it as well got boring. And yes here is my big confession...I still play Pokemon...don't hate, it's actually very strategic if you know what you are doing.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You sir are my new best friend! I traded in my 360 copy of DAO and Awakening for the PC ultimate ed. Best decision ever

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Its cool mas, one of these day's you'll be able to play the big boy game of Magic.

17. jello1717

I can't imagine what it'd be like to play a game like that on a console.

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Matt

Married with 2 boys (2 years and 1 month)

Firefighter/paramedic for about 12 years

Graduated from Milwaukee Area Technical College (fire science associates)

I'm a huge Packer/Brewers/Badger fan. Also a Marquette bball fan. I used to follow the NBA, but I have really struggled to take the league seriously the last 10 years. Every 4 years I'm a hockey fan for about 2 weeks in February. I don't really play any sports any more. I workout at the firehouse and we play a little basketball once in awhile there, but that's about it. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and a glass of pinot noir under the stars.

I used to love Madden, but this release didn't do it for me. I don't like fps, so I don't really play COD. I prefer Grand theft Auto or that type of game. I like TW this year, but haven't played it enough. I usually feel guilty playing other games and feel that its time lost I could be using to improve at NCAA.

19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Name: rob

Residence: DC metro area

Favorite sports to play/watch: Football junkie mostly college, but love NFL and High school. Coach High School Ball and do a lot of work with local youth leagues. I try to watch NBA but it is just so bad with the calls and so called star calls, get to mad. Was a huge college BBall fan when I was little going to see Ewing and Hoya paranoia at the cap center. Walter Berry, Dallas Comegys, Keith Lee, Kenny Walker, Pearl Washington, Jerome Lane, Roy Marble, Kenny Battle, and some many great others. I watch it still but the one and dones and all the AAU crap has sucked some of the life out of it.
    Favorite Teams:
    Redskins
    Gtown
    Penn State

Anyone Playing
    Dallas
    Lebron James
    Michigan
    OSU
    Duke

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I thought it was the greatest game ever until i bought it on pc

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Myron

Hampton VA

Insurance Agent

Member since 2009 after coming over with the OFFL guys

I loving watching all football (even XFL had its good points), and most basketball. I have watched any sporting event that has been televised and will sit down to any new ones that come on. Only sport I avoid on TV is probably womens basketball unless it has a couple hotties on the floor like Michelle Marciniak or Tammi Reiss from back in the day.

My favorite teams are Michigan football, UNC basketball, & Raiders (Oakland & LA). I dont have an NBA team but my favorite players are D Rose, Durant and Kobe. My favorite athlete ever is a toss up between MJ and Howie Long with CWebb coing a close second.

I played two years of college football after being All District and Region in high school.

22. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

\

Really like the area down there great high school football.

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Have you seen the bin laden pics? Hook a brother up!

24. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Why is the PC version so much better?

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It is a lot smoother to play and a little more difficult than on the console. I like the way the battles go on the pc and having to rely on the presets more than you have to on the console.