Introductions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, May 19, 2011.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I figured I would go ahead and start this off.

Personality and Self Details

Name is Perry Kilgore. I'm 23 years old and from Jasper, AL. I'm a huge Alabama fan and I cheer for Troy on the side as well. I work from 6-5 CST M-F and every now and then on Saturdays. I consider my primary availability from 5:30-10 CST but I am always willing to flex a little later for user games. I always joke with everyone I can especially if I get some dirt on ya. I can also take jokes very well considering I've always been the fat guy in the group with the ridiculously thick country accent. Any time you see me on I'm gonna be in a party chat with some of the other guys here at TSO so feel free to jump in and shoot the shit with us. Usually most of us are playing NCAA, COD, or TW. Best way to contact me is on the forums, AIM (bigperry79), Skype (perry.kilgore), Email (perry.justin.kilgore@gmail.com) or my cell which can be made available to anyone who needs it. I also feel the need to inform all of you that I play in 2 different locations. At my house we don't have access to high speed internet but I'm running a Verizon 3G MiFi connection which plays well sometimes but other times it doesn't. I try to play all my user games at my Grandmothers where I do have access to a high speed connection and everything works fine.

Gameplay/Style

I played defensice end/linebacker in high school so I'm a defensive nut. I run the 3-4 exclusively and I have perfected my ways of finding the right players through recruiting to run it. I like to control the linebacker and have been practicing on the side trying to learn how to use the safety but I think I'm going to have to revert to using the linebacker again. I'll use the DE on some downs when I'm comfortable with my second level guys.

Offensiveley I'll run a pro style or a spread option. The spread is something I'm still trying to get the hang of and I'm definitely making progress. I have perfected my read option skills but I'm still having a hard time with running the other options like the speed, power, and motion. I like running the ball and trying to play a low risk offense but I can and will pass when the opportunity comes. I'll throw to pretty much any routes whether it be outs, ins, slants, posts, corners, flats, comebacks, screens, etc. Pretty much if the receiver can run it I'll throw to it.

When I play I really prefer my opponent mic up with me so we can communicate better for substitutions, bathroom breaks, playcall questioning, or anything else either us feel the need to discuss. I am a good guy and I'm open to criticism of my gameplay in case something appears as unSIM and I'll take suggestions on my gameplay also.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

?

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

My name is Ken Mooney, I am 23 and live in Chicago, Illinois. My favorite team is Notre Dame, I really do not cheer for anyone else, every now and than I will find a team I am interested in because of coaches, stories or players. My availablity goes like this M,W,TR: available after 6; Tue-Fri I am free after 10 (I teach a long-form improv class) and I am always down to play on the weekends (my m-f is so hectic that I like to sitting around on the weekends when I can). I am very flexible with scheduling games and understand when someone needs to reschedule. I am really easy going person (despite what my post may suggest :)), I am writer(mostly sketch comedy/web shorts), actor, producer and director; So I'm good with brutally honest critisism. I really do not know anyone on TSO, except for my brother, since I am pretty new, it would be great to get into party chats with people. Best way to get a hold of me: AIM: Moonme10/ YIM: kamooneyjr/ GT: OtherMoon2/ I also have my cell phone, if you want that just ask, I am really good anwsers txt msg's and of course Facebook: Ken Mooney Jr. Due to complications with school I will probable be playing down in Normal IL, M-W and Chicago TR-Sun...long story if you really wanna know than ask :)

Gameplay/Style
    I was a WR, FS, KR and PR in high school I love offsense and defense, too hard to pick one over the other. Depending on my personel I will either run the 3-4(perfered) or the 4-3, I am going to start looking at the other defenses due to the new zone defense functions. I switch between LB and S, depending on the down and what I see the offense doing.

On the offensive side of the ball I run a single back set. I like to spread the defense out and make them pick what they want to defend (run or pass) and than I make my reads and adjust to what I think will work best. Though the defense is spread out and I usually have 3 WR, I like to control the ball on offense; I like to pick the Defense apart and tire them out. My style is probably going to change once I see what the new defensive AI can do (I do not mean that in a cheesing way). I am very comfortable changing my offense up so some of this might change.

When I am online I do not talk to players unless I "know" them or if they are chill guys who play the game sim. I love talking about the game with people, what I saw, what they did, etc Football talk is awesome to me. If there is something that I need to do or change please let me know during the game and I will make the right adjustments to how I play, again I am really easy going and super excited to play with you guys in a legit/serious dynasty!

4. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Personality
    I was born, raised and reside in Tallahassee, FL. After graduating from FSU with my Sport Management degree I moved away to Miami, FL and then Atlanta, GA to work for the Marlins in Miami and then the Hawks, Thrashers and finally Braves in Atlanta. The time spent in baseball was the most enjoyable even though I'm a much bigger basketball fan. In the end I decided that Professional Sports wasn't for me so I moved back to Tallahassee where my heart (the Florida State Seminoles) are.

I'm 30, married with no kids, but I expect that to come soon (that's part of why we moved back). I work during the day for the State of Florida from 8-5 and then I coach basketball and football at a high school here in the evenings. I look at 8-5 as my way to pay the bills but the coaching is what I truly love to do. There's just no money in it so 8-5 job is a must.

My wife works nights, usually M-W so those are the easiest nights for me to play. If I don't have practice or a game I'm available around 6:30-7 EST, if I do have practice or a game it's more around 9-10PM EST . I'm available early on Fridays and Saturday from 8AM-11AM EST when it's not Football season. once College Football starts I'm always at Doak every Saturday bright and early as I'm an FSU season ticket holder.

To schedule a game or anything league related I can easily be reached via Email: Sbuchanan80 at Gmail.com, YahooIM: BigBodySS, XBOX GT: BigBodySS, or on Twitter @BigBodySS. Also, I'm usually always lurking in the chat box during the day while I'm at work so we can always shoot the shit there.

Gameplay/Style
    I have played video game college football since Bill Walsh Football and have purchased the new version of a College Football game every year; suspect I'll always do this. I'm an only child and didn't discover online play till late in my video game development, as such I'm much more comfortable playing the CPU.

I simply abhor cheese, so much so that my playbook is limited to only the toughest plays/schemes. It's a stupid thing to do but my philosophy is: "if it works easily, you probably shouldn't do it". That philosophy makes every user game an exercise in tediousness as I only run the plays that "don't work". This results in me being a terrible User player. I routinely get abused by other Users b/c I just simply refuse to take advantage of the AI. If I lose by 30, so be it; I'd rather lose than win with cheese.

If anyone, at anytime while we're playing, sees something that I shouldn't be doing please tell me, immediately, and I will adjust accordingly. I do not mind constructive criticism as I always want to get better.

I prefer playing defense (I'll be a DC to start out) and running the ball. I run a 4-3 just b/c the 3-4 schemes seem to be a bit too effective IMO while usually controlling one of the LBs but will switch to a down lineman if the situation warrants.

I'll talk on the mic during the game but it's really only about the game, don't really chit-chat a ton. I LOVE recruiting though, the offseason is what I live for. I routinely take 30 minutes to an hour to set up my preseason board while pouring through recruits looking for specific skills to fit my scheme.

I'm extremely excited for the coaching carousel feature and I know Ryno will implement some house rules that will make Coaches Club the best. I just can't wait to get rolling.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

What's up fellas my name is Zach Davis and im 21 years old. I live in Dalton,GA(born and raised). I'm a HUGE Georgia Bulldogs fan and also like Florida State. I work at UPS part time 6-11 I am available after 11 most nights and anytime on the weekends in advance. I love to fish and play golf. I played golf all the way through high school and have been fishing since i was old enough to walk. I mostly bass fish but any kind will do. The best way to contact me is skype(xugaxbudlight) or TSO I am always on skype and TSO. I don't consider myself great at this game but I can hang with most people on here.

Gameplay/Style
    I run a pro style offense and 3-4 defense but depending on the school I may run the spread and a 4-3 just all depends on the school and roster.

I don't use a mic in game I feel its a distraction and would probably end up in argument with someone for all the cursing and yelling :)

That's it im looking forward to dominating you all when 12 drops :D

6. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Hey guys my name is Austin Rylander....you can call me reed (middle name) A-Ry (friends nickname) or whatever the hell you want to call me, haha. Im 15 years old...16 in August. I live in Chandler, AZ. Born in Long Island, NY. I love the Sun Devils and im excited for this upcoming season. Im going to school currently and have just became a Junior.

I play football for my school, smallest lineman you will probably ever meet on a varsity squad. I sit at 5-7 and 155 pounds, but there is nothing better than putting a big guy on his ass because he thinks he will man handle me. Im a Guard/Center and Nose Tackle. I go to a school that is looking to have a Division 4 Title run in Arizona, pretty exciting!

Im going to probably be available M-W till november 9-12 eastern. Th-F are up in the air depending on games. Weekends im normally always free just hit me up on here or xbox or skype or facebook or any way you can possibly get a hold of me.

I also play baseball...outfield for my high school and I pitch a little. Thats pretty much me. Football, School, Baseball, Video Games, and girls is my life...any questions feel free to ask!

Gameplay
    I like to run pro style and might even do some air raid because thats what my school runs and I know how it works...but it mostly depends on the personnel im given. I like the 3-4 and probably will stick to that..but once again it depends on the teams guys.

I love the zero to hero setup and this is going to be LEGIT with the new coaching carousel. I'll look to start off as an OC most likely and will wreck shit up. I will play with a mic in if my opponent wants to but with my X41 turtle beaches...I dont hear much besides the game.

I look forward to the season and all of my future ass beatings...See you all in a month or so!

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Personality/Self Details - My name is Mike Erickson, I am 31 years old, and in a relationship with a beautiful woman and her two kids. I am an Athletic Director/Head Football Coach at a Middle School in a large 5A district in the DFW Metroplex. I teach PE as well. I was born in a small town in NE-Ohio and am a huge Buckeye/Indian/Browns/Cavs fan and have been my whole life. Football and my girl and her kids are my life and right now, as are cold beer, BBQ, and video games.

I am a pretty laid back guy, too old to be high strung. I am available most times during the summer, but when HS Football season is running strong in Texas, my schedule takes a hit. That said, I cannot remember ever missing more than one or two advances at most this past year. I am looking forward to this league and helping to make this the finest example of a CC dynasty in the world. Add me on SKYPE (joeptc1) and hit me up anytime.

Gameplay/Style
    I love to run out of the spread offense with some 2-back sets mixed in. In the spread offense, if it is run correctly, there is always a gap in the defense. Defensively I have always gamed with a 4-3, but love the 3-4 in real life.

I am pretty much a 60/40 Run-Pass guy, but will air it our if need be. In my USER games, i have a tendency to play OVERLY conservatively and it gets me in trouble at times.

Im really looking forward to this OD and appreciate this opportunity!

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Name is John and I am 28, male, and live in the Houston area. (got the a/s/l right). I grew up in San Antonio and played high school football and wrestling. I went to Texas A&M and UTSA and have a degree in electrical engineering. I moved out to Houston for work after graduating in 07. I am married but no kids so far. I am usually free in the evenings after 6 cst and I have most fridays off. The weekends are hit or miss for me. I am also in the Duece and TMFL on the site and am the Content Manager for the front page. So most of the articles you see up there are either written by Ryno or myself. Been playing sports football games since Tecmo Bowl on the NES and Madden on the Genesis. I got into NCAA about 01/02ish and have been playing both online in leagues since they enabled online for the consoles in 04 I believe it was.

Gameplay/Style
    I have always been more of a pro football fan so usually employ pro style offenses. I am traditionally more comfortable with the 4-3, but found myself playing a lot more 3-4 recently in both Madden and NCAA. I will most likely start as an OC. I much prefer to build up weaker schools and look forward to the challenge.

9. BDSDIGITAL

Hi.

I'm Brian. 30 yo from Orlando. I've been a member here for almost two years and have played in many leagues here. I have two kids one 10 the other 4. I run a small business here in Orlando that sells industrial supplies (glue, tape, etc.) I also broker used and new equipment. Things like casting molds, industrial mixers, cast polymer equipment and things of the sort. I deal mostly domestically but also deal internationally on a regular basis.

I'm a pretty easy going guy. I love my Buckeyes :( and all Cleveland sports teams, as I'm originally from Ohio and grew up there. I moved to Florida about 6 years ago mostly for weather. True story :) I think Ryno did a fine job bringing together what looks like a solid group. I have read through everyone's introduction and have questions for some of you. I'll work on that over the next few days.

Gameplay wise I'm terrible. I am too conservative at times, I run HB Dive about 20 times per game. I throw in a stretch play once in a while to keep things interesting. I can't manually control anything other than a D lineman to save my life. I've never won a championship at TSO, something that I am striving for in Trifecta this year. I wanted to be in this league a. because I like meeting new people here and enjoy playing with a new crowd, and b. I jones for a 30 pt loss from time to time and thought this would be a good place to get that. :thumbsup: I would prefer to play on mic, but I understand some people don't like doing that. I won't harass you about it if that's how you roll. Just know that I will not trade 150 character text messages back and forth with you :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BDSDIGITAL

Feel free to come in and say hi to sometime. I'm in a party chat about 50% of the time when I'm online. Chances are we're just talking about whatever, so jumping in and saying hi would be more than welcome. It really does help get to know people on a more personal level and can really enhance your experience here. That's just my opinion though. Some people aren't in to talking, which is fine and understandable. I'll try to remember to send you a FR next time I'm online.

I was the same way with the online gaming. I had an old, dusty ps2 until I got the 360 a few years ago. NCAA 09 was my first "online" compatible game. I found this website right before ncaa 10 came out and it took me a better part of a year and several dozen user games before I could even compete! Some of these guys have been playing games online forever via PC and are well versed in the user v. user dynamic. All I can say is give it time and you'll get better.

You should consider opening up your playbook some. I think the "cheese" is in the eye of the beholder. If you want to play a few games when 12 comes out to get another perspective on cheesy plays v. legit plays let me know. I'm not the local cheese expert or anything, but I've played a ton of user games here over the last few years and have seen alot of different strategies. I repsect the fact that you're trying to keep things as sim as possible though! But there's nothing wrong with throwing a slant every now and then ;)

I really respect people that can play golf. What's your secret? I've tried like hell and I can barely finish a par 3 course. I say good for you. Ok mental note, no mic for bulldog, got it. :)

Congratulations, you might be the youngest dude here! :) Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just with this brief introduction you are more mature than a few members we've had here that were much older..... But that's neither here nor there.

Good taste in teams. Where are you from just out of curiosity? If you don't want to say I understand. I was raised in Bryan which is about 40 minutes from Toledo and I lived in Colmbus before moving here.

I get overly conservative too, and it's cost me a bunch of games.

I might give him shit in the chat box, but Mustang is a sharp guy that does a good job on the content. I use the same type of offense, except I don't use it well. I've been told you are pretty good. Not sure who mentioned that.....

Question for everyone: Who do you think you will use? I am leaning toward Akron or Kent St....I think those are both :1stars:

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

funny you mention Akron, i was thinking them as well, what with their sweet new stadium. Is there a list of 1*'s floating around somewhere? Id love to maybe use SMU, UNT, or something like that as well.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I would love to be SMU but I think they are a 2 or 3* this year. I was also wanting UTEP or UNT, or Rice, but some of them maybe 2* as well...

13. BDSDIGITAL

North Texas should be available I would think.

14. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If that list is correct, I am thinking North Texas and Tulane would be my top 2 choices

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Hey guys, a bit about myself...

I'm 32, from Ohio and work as an Account Manager for a large communication company. I live with my girlfriend, who will have a new title by the time this game drops and my 1 year old puppy. I luckily have a man zone room specifically for XBox and watching sports, which is the only way to do things, IMO. I also am commissioner of the Tradition Futbol League. We are in our 3rd season and things are pretty well organized over there. We have come a long way. We have 20 teams, promotion/relegation, etc. I also ran Overdrive last season for a while, which was a challenge.

My favorite teams are the University of Michigan, Cleveland Browns, and Aston Villa. I was actually trying to choose a English Premier League team to follow and coincidentally, the Browns owner also owns Aston Villa. That was easy. I also played football and basketball in HS, played a year of linebacker at Division II Tiffin. I still am very active in basketball leagues, golfing, working out, etc.

Game play:
    I am a defensive minded player in general. Look at my FIFA scores, 0-0, 0-1, 0-0. The same goes for NCAA. I enjoy playing defense, and especially LB in the flipped screen view. Very cool, now just trying to master dropping back into coverage... That was a weakness on mine IRL as well. I tend to run the ball quite a bit, and play conservative passing routes. I enjoy a ball control, clock control style. I am very fair about my gameplay and you will not be dealing with any nonsense with me. Looking forward to getting started and getting to know all of you. By the way, I do not use a headset on the xbox, please dont take it personally if I don't mike up.

17. BDSDIGITAL

I'm torn. I know I want either a Florida school or an Ohio School. If BG is somehow 1 star that would surely be right up there with Akron as my choice.

But if I can't get either of them I'd take Kent, FAU, or FIU. FIU preferably. Because I like their logo more than FAU.

True story :)

18. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I almost always go with a Florida school but I've been FIU and FAU so many times in OD's I'm kinda tired of them. I'll probably look to switch it up.

19. Bulldog

I had alot of help from my golf coach in high school. He knew alot of people and got me free lessons but i would say the thing that helped me the most was practice. I would spend hours and hours on the driving range and putting greens and of course the lessons helped alot. If you really enjoy it and suck just keep playing and you will more than likely get better. I've found that if you just go out and play and not worry about your score or hitting bad shots you play way better than you would if you got all mad and started slinging clubs lol. I went from shooting in the 100s my freshmen year to shooting in the 80s my sophomore year. As for the mic, ya no mic for Bulldog and don't worry i won't send you 150 character text messages lol.

20. Bulldog

Mid Tenn State would definitely be my top choice. Following would be San Diego State, FIU, UAB, Western Michigan, Arkansas State

21. BDSDIGITAL

I would love to use SD St, but I figure they'll be better than a 1 star....right?

22. Bulldog

No they are listed as 1 star.

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

in 11, in 12 they may be higher after some success last year

24. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I am thinking Akron, Kent, UNT, San Jose, one of the F_U's, Utah State maybe...Who knows. I just wanna see the list!

25. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My #1 is UAB. I used to go to every home game back in the Roddy White/Darrell Hackney era. I may go another direction if I can find a team better suited to run a pro style offense. If any of the 1* teams run a 3-4 though they will jump to the top of my most wanted list and I'll be a DC to stop some of you Gus Malzahn's of the world.