Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Quagmire34, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Hi fellas,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself since taking over the Miami program yesterday. My name is Jason (GT: Quagmire34) and I am 33 years old, married with three kids, one dog, and a fish. I love football, hockey, and UFC fighting. Especially:

- Dallas Cowboys (I was born in Big "D")
    - West Virginia Mountaineers (my alma mater)
    - Washington Capitals (lived in DC for 20 years)

I currently reside in Atlanta and work in the software development industry (web applications, database administration, & configuration management). I have a passion for this game (NCAA Football), but with a family and career I don't play as much as I'd like to, evenings mostly. This is my second experience playing in an online dynasty and I am stoked about it. I look forward to restoring this once proud program and contributing to the league.

Also, one of my favorite features of this game is the custom stadium sounds. I've spent hours getting them just right for many teams. If you are into custom sounds and wish to try some of mine, just let me know. I can create sets for just about any team upon request, but I currently have the following teams :

- California
    - Colorado
    - Florida State
    - Illinois
    - Marshall
    - Maryland
    - Miami
    - Minnesota
    - Notre Dame
    - Nebraska
    - Northwestern
    - Oregon
    - Ohio State
    - Purdue
    - Rutgers
    - South Carolina
    - SMU
    - Syracuse
    - Texas
    - Virginia
    - Virginia Tech
    - Wisconsin
    - West "By God" Virginia
    - Wyoming

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
  2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Welcome to the league. Good luck down south with the program formerly known as the U. Florida is the new U since we're the university winning championships lately. haha

My names Kori. I graduated from UF in August and just moved to atlanta to begin working in public accounting. I live up in the buckhead area. Like I said earlier, welcome to the league. It's a fun one so long as we keep up what we've been doing.
  3. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Jul 10, 2009
    What's up man, welcome to the league. My name is Jonah, born n raised n LA. I hope you enjoy it here.

Can you hookme up with Alabama stadium music if you get a chance?
  4. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'll begin working on an Alabama set and start a custom sounds thread too. I can provide instructions on how to stream custom sounds from a PC to the 360 and start putting together sound sets for all the teams in the league that I don't already have. It's really easy once you do the initial set up. I use custom sounds for my team (when I'm at hpme) and my opponents (when I am on the road). I think it really adds a lot to the atmosphere.
  5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    I'd be interested to hear about this. I'm a Michigan fan so I have a bunch of Big10 sounds (especially Michigan obviously) but I had to burn them to a CD and then rip them painstakingly 1 by freakin' 1 to get them into the game. It was painful enough that I haven't done it again even though I have heard more that I want (these were all put on my 360 for NCAA '09).

I'd love it if it's possible to stream them from my PC. I agree 100% that they really, really add a lot to the game. Every time I hear the Michigan marching band break into "Iron Man" when they stop the other team for a loss or "Temptation" on a 3rd down stop it really gets me pumped up. Even hearing the PSU guys doing zombie nation and stuff gets me fired up.

Oh yeah. And welcome! :D
  6. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Jun 29, 2009
    Welcome Quagmire34, I hope this league is everything you would expect of it. Hopefully it will be. Good luck and let me know if you need anything.
  7. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

Jun 29, 2009
    Welcome to the league Quagmire, I go by Denny around here where I'm from, east Tennesse born & raised, absolutely as BIG a DIE HARD Tennessee fan as they come... I have traveled east west north & south to see the BIG ORANGE play over the last 20yrs, gator were comin after you, Big daddy Phil is gone & Lanes the man... At least i hope were comin, at least to make it respectable again.. Once again welcome & I would like some Ole Miss sounds if possible...
  8. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Jun 29, 2009
    Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. On an off topic question. What happened to Castortroy?