INTS (Not a Sliders Discussion )

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Miki1369, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

I just wanted to stated something i have noticed, but i don't want to make this thread into a sliders discussion (We all know how does end up)

With that said, I want to bring this up cuz it seems to me that there are a crazy number of INTs being thrown by almost everyone in the league. I just checked and there are only four QBs (Freeman, Brees, Foles and Luck) right now that have more TDs than INTs, and its not by much.

Freeman = 24 TDs 19 INTs
    Foles = 20 TDs 19 INTs
    Brees = 16 TDs 13 INTs
    Luck = 19 TDs 13 INTs

I for one have a hard ass time throwing the ball, maybe its cuz my receivers or Vick suck, but its extremely hard for me to complete passes with consistency without throwing INTs. I have found it impossible for my WRs and TEs to gain any separation from their defenders, specially if they are running an OUT, POST, IN or FLY routes.

I know i suck and that's okay with me, but i just wanted to get your guys input on this since i see that most of the league is going through something similar, and maybe this is something we look into come next season and maybe change something in the sliders.

These are some crazy stats in terms of TDs to INTs ratio:

Vick= 6 TDs 32 INTs
    RGIII= 15 TDs 30 INTs
    Ben = 10 TDs 30 INTs
    Pryor= 13 TDs 28 INTs
    Tannehill = 11 TDs 23 INTs
    Rogers = 6 TDs 21 INTs

• Like Like x 2
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Wow... pretty wild stats

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

But yet....

Just messing with you Mike. I know what you are saying. It is something we are looking at and it will be addressed in some fashion.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I honestly just think it is the game this year. Even though I feel for whatever reason whoever I play their WR and TE's get open all the time (bias view probably). Its rare when my WR's get open and its beyond frustrating when my opponents are getting open all the time. It might just be me and my play on the defensive side of the ball though.

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Who is Rogers?

• Like Like x 4
  6. LtJustice

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

and there you have it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

LOL... i almost got that one by you. :rolleyes:

I was hopping u guys were aware of what was going on, but just in case i wanted to bring it up.

Im glad that you are looking into it, hopefully next season i dont throw 50 INTs. Im sure a new QB will help though. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

RODGERS

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

10. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This has been discussion for WEEKS. Some adjustments had already been made earlier in the season. I would anticipate additional adjustment in the off-season.

But in the mean time, just a suggestion to work around it. I know my own personal fault is I have a tendency to use the bullet pass way too much. So much that my receivers need Kevlar. I noticed in our game that you sometimes had the same tendency. Rather than trying to use trajectory, finesse, and just good 'ol common sense (stop throwing to the damn receivers who are covered you dumbass Doug!), I bullet pass to my primary target and wind up turning the ball over.

Part of that is habit... I make a hot read, expect it to be right, and wind up being wrong.

Part of it is me being stubborn thinking I can put the ball through the imaginary window... "Yeah, that fucker is double covered, but I know I can get it to him if I bullet to him when he makes his cut!" (Doug's inner thoughts)

Part of it is just my own ignorance and not labbing enough to determine what works and what doesn't... Instead of practicing, I perform my trial and error during league games to figure out what works and what doesn't - die by the sword.

The good thing is that we ALL have the same woes since we are playing with the same sliders. The bad thing is, some of us know how to stink it up a little more than others (myself included in the stink crew). If things remain the same, learn from your mistakes. Reach out to the guys who are having success and find out from them what is working (since we already know what doesn't). I don't want to discourage you into thinking that the sliders won't be adjusted. But if they are not, know that you are NOT alone and we can all improve by working with one another. I plan on initiating a discussion thread of some kind for guys to look to for sound advice.

This message is brought to you by the guy who leads the league in TEAM interceptions (the bad kind).

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Wow. Those stats are crrazzyy!! At least I know I'm not alone anymore, lol.

12. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

wooowwww. I generally do not look at the stats for the league so I had no clue on how big the discrepancy between touchdowns and interceptions were for some qb's. But hasn't the slider change at least helped in that there aren't as many interceptions?? Just going by my games I feel there's been a drop in interceptions so that's an improvement. A little more tweaking and we'll be good to go

• Like Like x 2
  13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I feel like I should have given Manning and Dalton longer after seeing the "Elite" QB's listed here...Johnson is performing great then, just 2 picks in his last two games! HAHAHAHAH, He may be the best in the league:pompous:

14. LtJustice

Great stuff Doug. I love the in depth detail behind the thought process and agree wholeheartedly!

• Like Like x 2
  15. LtJustice

The INT slider change made in week 5 has helped to decrease the number of INTs on a weekly basis.

I feel like we are almost at the sweet spot too. We are actively looking into and testing ways to hopefully get us there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I don't know what slider change has been made to effect the deep pass, but I've noticed in my last 2 or 3 games that is has drastically been improved. Either that, or Milliner just likes getting burned deep now. I think there have been about 4 or 5 deep passes thrown on me, and I've completed one or two as well.

In the past, those were sure interceptions.

Anyway, not sure what was tweaked, and I really don't need to know. But it was a welcomed change, even if I'm the one getting raped deep.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CHUNKNESS

I, too, have gotten off some deep balls (no homo). Nothing was changed except for the INT slider. That has been the ONLY change and that was back in week 5.

• Like Like x 4
  18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Secret non-downloadable patch by EA.

I dunno, it feels entirely different (in a good way) to me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I have had a few deep balls thrown on me. One time last game the WR was behind my corner, 20+ yards (playing man) in about 2 seconds. It was crazy and never seen that happen. I'm not sure how he got behind my CB so quickly but it seemed odd.

But my WR's can't get behind anything :confused:

20. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Doug, i agree 100% with what u said and im guilty of it as well. Specially the bullet pass when the WR is running a IN or OUT route. Right now im afraid to even call those patterns cuz i know it will get pick off if i try to throw it. I know that its mainly the operators fault not the actual sliders, and im looking forward to that discussion thread to see what advice we could get. However, as u can see by the stats is an issue for most of the league.

21. heathh

heathh Walk On

Are you playing Press?

I know sometimes that can happen!

22. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I play it sometimes and I think on the play I might have been. But this was an absurd amount of open space. The guy hiked it and throw the ball in the like 2 seconds and the WR was 30 yards down field (at least) with my CB 20 yards behind him lol

23. heathh

heathh Walk On

Yea I've notice this on a press with the lob. Only thing is never works for me :-(
    I always see the wr too late.

24. CHUNKNESS

I always look to see if my opponent is in press coverage pre-snap. When I snap the ball, I check to see what type of coverage the safeties are in. If it is single coverage and the DB is a step behind, I'll take a shot deep. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I think a lot of it has to do with the speed of the players involved (offense and defense alike), the release rating for the receiver, the DAC for the QB, and the pursuit rating for the DB (not to mention wind, play timing, momentum, game timing, if I need to piss, etc.). Something that I will be posting with the discussion threads.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

He knew. I think he was going to throw it up to him no matter what. I am not sure how it happened