Iowa Hawkeyes 2009 recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Jul 26, 2009.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Iowa Hawkeyes 2009 recruiting

The Hawkeyes are looking to bolster an already solid roster with some incoming freshman that they will be able to redshirt to gain some much needed growth. With only 10 seniors graduating this year the Hawkeyes will look to next years Sr class to lead them into the future. Iowa is really looking to provide depth at the offensive and defensive line positions as 5 of the graduating seniors come from those spots. Three of those are at guard including senior all around backup Raphael Eubanks. Iowa did manage to pick up an early commit in week 1, the 31st ranked WR in the nation. A local Iowa boy, growing up just 20 minutes north of Iowa City, 6'4" 172lb 3-star Nick Dunlap looks to provide some depth at WR. He has solid B rated speed and is graded at B- in his route running. A few other Iowa prospects look close to committing, as the Hawkeyes look to continue to pull unheralded talent from in state recruits.

Mike

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

U of I letter of intent

The University of Iowa received their second early LOI from a recruit out of Illinois. Evan Swain, a 6'5" 305lb pass blocking tackle, comes rated by Scout.com as a 3* recruit. His major skill set looks to be pass block, followed closely by run block, impact block, and strength. This commit helps Iowa to replace a departing SR at tackle. The Hawkeyes are still in pursuit of the #4 tackle in the country, a local kid from Ottumwa, Iowa, to completely shore up their outer line for years to come.

Mike

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Still running the roads and ringing the phones

Going late into Big Ten play, Iowa has received a few more hard commitments, but has also lost out on some much sought after talent. Their top RB prospect decided to sign with the Fighting Zookers, an in state WR, Paul Jones, decided he liked Minnesota better, and one of their leads at OLB felt Wisconsin had more to offer. Please...cheese and what? Looks like the rivalry games will just become that much bigger in the years to come.

Mike

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Why you going after my 3* talent? :D I left you guys all the 5* guys to fight over while I dug deep and picked the best of the rest. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but I have a SS that could very well be the next "Hitman". He has got talent in all the right spots, and is even built like him. 5'9", 210lbs. Speed (A-), tackle (B-), hit powr (B), jumping (B+), accel (B+), just rated good overall for a 3* SS. We will see.

Mike

5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Going into off season recruiting, the Hawkeyes are really starting to see a clear picture as to what lies ahead. With a senior heavy team in 2010 (25 total) Iowa needs to make this class count. Having landed the #29 overall recruit (#4 Tackle), Iowa has already replaced the leaving seniors on the offensive line. The rest of early commits are all of the 3* and 2* variety. Included in this group are 2 RB's, 2 TE's, 2 WR's, a FS, and a SS. A couple notables are:

TE Andrew Jones (6'7" - 267lbs) who has speed (B-), catching (B), route running (B-), and an average of C+ for his pass/run blocking skills. This guy could be dangerous.

SS David Davis (5'9" - 210lbs) the next Bob Sanders? Speed (A-), tackle (B-), hit power (B), agility/jumping/accel (B+) After Tyler Sash leaves, the spot is all his. Maybe before then.

With a few weeks left in the off-season, the Hawkeyes look to finish off the defensive side of the ball.

Mike