Iowa Hawkeyes - Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Iowa Hawkeyes - Scouting Report

Offense - I think he wanted to run more than he ended up doing in our game, but he kind of had to bag the run once he fell behind by 17. His line was good in pass protection, as I got close to some sacks but couldn't connect on any. He ran several playaction rollouts (I think) but his QB wasn't very accurate on a couple of them.

Defense - Very solid. Ran zone mostly, and he controlled a LB almost exclusively. He came out in 4-4 look about 50% of the time I was in a standard formation (2 WR, 2 RB).

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2011 game

Offense - He's gone to more triple option this year with the move of McNutt to QB, but he still likes to run, a lot. Very effective on the triple option, where he will give it to the FB a lot early to set up a big run outside late (he hit me with a beautiful 50 yard TD run by McNutt in just this fashion). Also still likes the power-o plays out of any formation, and runs them very effectively. His QB's aren't great passers, so if you can get him in long yardage you have a chance.

Defense - Runs the 3-4 like a 4-3, with one LB down at the line every play. He'll run this look pretty much against any offensive formation except 5 wide, and I really had a hard time exploiting it. I was able to run on him better than expected, which was surprising. He controls the MLB almost exclusively, looking to big hit any WR plays over the middle.

Great game again Emmdot.

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Offense: Likes to run the ball. varied up his runs from inside to out. Must stop or slow down his run to get him to pass. Hit some big passes but his QB was pressured alot and threw up some wounded ducks. If you dont stop his run, it is over.

Defense: Ran very close to the LOS to stop the run. I didn't pass the ball much so didn't get to see his full arsenal on defense. Was on the spot to make the tackles but my rb broke some of them. Very good defensive player.