Iowa lineman hit by truck.

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Iowa lineman hit by truck.

Update: This post now has the longer video of the accident. As Mike Hlas of the Cedar Rapids Gazette writes, "I think Iowa has already had a winning season with Josh Koeppel surviving this without serious injury."

Iowa offensive lineman Josh Koeppel is a lucky man. The senior was driving what police termed a small motorcycle Monday morning when a Ford F150 pickup turned in front of him on a busy Iowa City intersection. The resulting accident was witnessed by police, who were pulling up to the intersection as the event unfolded.

The video, behind passed around on Iowa message boards, is believed to have been shot from the dashboard of the police vehicle.

Iowa is one of only four states that does not require motorcycle drivers or their passengers to wear helmets, and Koeppel was not wearing one.

Koeppel amazingly escaped serious injury, but had "scrapes, bruises, significant soreness" according to coach Kirk Ferentz. He is not expected to play in Saturday's opener against Eastern Illinois.

[youtube]vZBktBPnjPo[/youtube]

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Man, I saw a shoe go flying. Thankfully that man has been going through 2-a-days against Iowa's D-line, otherwise, that may have really hurt. Amazing he is still here.

Mike

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Offensive Linemen can take anything....toughest mother fuckers on a football field.

I know for myself.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I seen that video earlier... Ford trucks are p*ss*es... should of bought a Dodge.... on a serious note its good that ol' buddy is alright... even if he belongs to a rival...