Iowa State

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by GoGators, Dec 22, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Well, I shouldn't have any problems keeping my "guarantee winning record against rivals" pitch working in the forseeable future.

#3 Miz 63
    ISU 0

We had chew clock on the entire second half and put our backups in and just ran the ball and we still put up a ton of points.

I knew it was trouble when at the select sides screen, ISU's defense was rated a D- and their offense and overall ratings were so bad EA didn't even bother to put anything up.

After the game I checked ISU's roster. Their best player is a 72 safety. Their second best player is a 70 Olineman I think. After that it gets real ugly. The remainder of their starting roster was filled out with guys rated 65 or 56 it seemed. On a typical offensive play, they had 3 DTs in on offense. I guess the Cyclones have been getting roughed up on the recruiting trail. I'm not sure how things could get this bad for a program in the big 12, I mean they are about as bad as an FCS school.

Have you guys noticed any teams like this in the ACC or SEC?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think you should take them over next year.:)

3. GoGators

I thought about that and what a project that would be, but I don't know if it's possible. With the way the game plays this year, I'd likely get slaughtered. The O-line couldn't block anybody. I think you'd have to go back to the T on offense and try to grind out wins.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i think i might take them, i was thinking about taking Baylor before Mutt rejoined... i love rebuliding projects..
    i know some people love to roll with top teams and crush everything and thats fine, the real skill is building your program into a powerhouse, not walking into one...

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Vanderbilt is pretty bad, and Tennessee has fallen off the wagon. I think they have 1 win this year... Though they dont quite reach ISU level...

6. JrRawlins

This has to be the worst stat line ever....

Rushing Att Fumbles Long TD's Yards

Total 139 3 8 1 261

7. GoGators

The cyclones may be beyond the point of repair though. Is that the stat line of their starting HB?

That's crazy. His longest carry on the season is 8 yards. Wow.

8. JrRawlins

yea thats where my intrigue lies..... every game is competitive... can i really turn this shit pile around?

9. JrRawlins

To the powers that be, if i were to switch to Iowa State.... when could i make the move?

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I would think I would make the switch before players leaving. I'd think long and hard about it, but if you want to feel free.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah I love rebuilders too. GL with Iowa st if you take them JR. I am running a side league with hack and I haven't had more than 6 wins in 3 seasons now.

12. JrRawlins

i need to see the team on the field... and would i be able to recruit in the offseason?

13. GoGators

I don't know how I feel about this. Honestly it puts so much more pressure on me and I might not like it. I mean if I lose to you when you're KSU then it's ok cause our teams are in the same ballpark. But if I lose to you with Iowa St.

I guess I'm curious why you'd want to switch. All funny business aside, you haven't built KSU into an elite program yet and you've been struggling in recruiting this season from what I've read of your posts. Seems like there's plenty of room for you to grow with KSU still. It's not like you've topped out with those guys. So what creates the intrigue of building ISU over KSU? Is it just cause they're further down the totem pole?

I've wondered about if people would ever like this idea. I heard one time from a friend in college that they played in a fantasy football league, but by week 7, they dropped all their players and redrafted. Seemed weird to me, but I could see that logic applying in a dynasty like this. Our teams are all built up pretty decent and the cpu seems to be falling off as the recruiting logic still has some flaws. What if we all had to switch teams to a progam in the dumps since we're about at the midway point? It'd help the cpu since they'd have teams with useable rosters and hopefully make them competitive the rest of the way in `11. I know it would suck to give up what you've already built, but it is an interesting concept.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I like building much better than maintaining. That's why I pick shitty teams usually. I am bored out of my mind in The Experience playing with Ohio State.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am the exact same way. The cpu is already easy enough as it is, it makes it so much worse when starting out as a powerhouse. Oh yay, my 6th :5stars: for the year... it loses the special feeling of landing that stud recruit when all of your recruits are like that and you dont put much effort in getting them...

Hows that going for ya OM? lol

16. JrRawlins

I guess I havent built KSU into a elite program yet to your standards....well we've been a 5 star program for 3 straight years.. Kansas State has as many if not more conference championships (3)than your Missouri Tigers, with a BCS title game appearance against Ole Miss (who didnt win their own conference and probably shouldnt have been there, but thats an entirely different topic otherwise i could have a BCS Title with my non-elite program) ..... what else does KSU need to do? About the recruiting classes, lol... i had one class i didnt like... the team is still very good, my QB is a Sophomore redshirt who will be a stud.. i have a couple of decent backs, a stud JUCO TE coming in to pair up with the young tight ends i already have there.... throw in 6'4 6'6 and 6'7 WRs i have all with 90+ speed, and the young stud line i have assembled..... and i actually like my offense... defensively, we are still very solid, especially at corner, and linebacker....I lose my top two safeties but their replacements are already on the roster, i redshirted two freshman this season who will both probably start for 4 years.... i actually really like the future of the Wildcats, but building a team from the ground up is what i love.... struggling at recruiting as a 1 star program is deadly...having a bad year as a 5 star program is not nearly as determential, i grabbed 8 guys and punted the rest of the recruiting it didnt really matter....... Honestly, i look forward to one game a year currently, maybe two depending on the out of conference schedule.... i was just looking to renew my passion in the game... thats all... if its an issue for others, i will stick it out with Kansas State and for 12 i will take a bottom feeder....

17. JrRawlins

thats exactly what im kinda looking for right now... every game the outcome is not predetermined... currently i sleepwalk through most of my Kansas State games... then i try to get "focused" for my OOC games, Mizzou, Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma..... every other team....

18. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I still lose to the CPU (n)

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you want to move to ISU, I've got no issue with it.

20. GoGators

I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything JR. I think we've all done well with the teams we started with. They've all been built up to top 15-25 teams every year which isn't something you'd see in real life. The only team I'd say that may have topped out is Ole Miss cause they're already recruiting classes that you'd typically grab if you started with a premiere program. So I was just curious why you wanted a different builder. I get that you'd rather build from the ground up than renovate and remodel.

This is actually a first for me. I've played this game a lot over the years, but until OD's started I never made it past a season or two with one team. I'd always lose interest due to the gameplay flaws I frequently rant about. It has been fun building a team up, granted Missouri was pretty decent to start. I can see where the interest of starting from ground zero would be and what's great is the Deuce is one league on this site where you can actually do it. It takes time to rebuild these programs and if you're likely only going to get through 6 seasons, it's kind of a waste. (Sidenote, I've already started thinking about programs for next season and a squad like Northwestern is high on my list)

I have no problem with you switching to ISU. I'm sure our games will still be competitive. I was just giving you some crap saying that our games now have a lot on the line. If your ISU, then really the only person with something to lose is me since my squad would likely be the favorite in most games due to the disparity in talent levels.

I do agree with you about sleepwalking through most of the cpu games. Every year my season comes down to my game against you and if I get Bond on the rotation or whatever OOC games I get. That's what makes me so mad about this title with EA. This game could be so much deeper if they'd just give the CPU some freaking AI for crying out loud. They've only been making this game for the past 15 years. It'd be awesome if by now Oklahoma could actually play like Oklahoma. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll get different colored cleats and dread locks in next years game to spark our interests again :)

With this in mind, I think I actually prefer the two conference setup a bit more. The CPU is just too stupid to get quality games out of over the longevity of a dynasty. At least with the 2 conference setup, the user teams can keep each other in check and there's more games you might actually lose.

21. OMlawdog

I love everyone of my :5stars: recruits almost as much as I love my wife and kids.

Im thinking about naming my next boy Kiel, because my freshman WR is a stud.

I go back and forth, i enjoy building my team up, but then I enjoy trying to stay on top. If JR wants to move, he can move to Iowa State. If anyone else wants to move to a scrub program that is fine with me.

22. JrRawlins

if i could change, like today, i would be way more inclined to do it... switching after offseason recruiting will set me back probably a year, but despite the low amount of talent after this season, that cupboard will be totally bare... they seriously have no one rated over a 65 at a skill position...

I smell a challenge.... with a running journal.... called from Nothing to Something, in my future... can i get some space on the tradition main page to track my journey, from hot garbage to BIG XII champs in 4 seasons.....?

23. JrRawlins

im gonna switch by the way.... i would really like to switch as soon as possible though...

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Switch now.. I would much rather play a CPU Kay team in the bowl lol...

25. OMlawdog

Go ahead and switch. I'm almost positive you can do it on the wire.