Iowa v. Illinois, who do you got?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Jun 1, 2011.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Jun 4, 2011.
  1. Illinois

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Iowa

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Since yesterday's discussion about UCLA and Oregon was so good, I thought I would give everyone a second helping Big 10 style. We have an interesting match up between Illinois and Iowa. Iowa comes in at a sneaky 5-1 ranked #19 in the BCS standings. Iowa's coach has been very quiet about his team, and after a few down years this team appears to be headed in the right direction. Iowa has been doing it through air, and with solid defense. Iowa's quarterback has one more TD pass then interceptions, but has two of the top four receivers in the conference. Their defense is flat out impressive, only giving up 116 points, which ranks #1 in the conference.

Illinois comes into the game ranked #22 in the BCS standings. The Illini's coach is unsure how his team has a winning record. After being given the schedule of death, his team has responded with an impressive 5-2 record. Illinois has been doing it with a solid rushing attack with two backs rushing for almost 600 yards a piece. Their defense is in the bottom half of the conference in terms of points allowed, but they may be a result of their difficult schedule. The offense appears to be very solid ranking third in points scored. Folks, this game will be interesting.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cheez poll wasnt good enough for you ;)

3. gowazzucougs

I didn't realize Cheez posted his own thread. You can take it down if you want.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

This game is so huge it has two threads!

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know, it puts our little game to shame!

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

.... I'm still voting for Iowa :D

7. gowazzucougs

Both you guys shut up. :oops: How was I suppose to know Cheez stole my idea. I could still do one for Oklahoma and Texas A&M though.

8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

It has two threads because it NEEDS to threads to adequately discuss the importance of this game!!!

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah its a pivotal game to see who gets a chance to finish 3rd in the Big 10 :p

• Like Like x 1