Iowa-Wake Forest rivalry thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachRedd, Jan 1, 2012.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    The Iowa-Wake Forest rivalry takes place during the first week of each season in the OC. Wake Forest is coached by the user Kasper and Iowa is lead by the user CoachRedd. This thread is dedicated to chronicling the rivalry.

[​IMG]
    2013 OC Season 3

Wake Forest 24 - Iowa 10

[​IMG]
    2014 OC Season 4

Wake Forest 31 - Iowa 17

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CoachRedd

2013 OC Season 3
    Game Recap(written by Kasper)​
    *No graphics available​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Wake Forest 24
    @
    #10 Iowa 14

Wake Forest got off to a good start to the year, traveling into Kinnick Stadium and coming away with a 10 point win against he #10 ranked team in the country (although preseason rankings mean about as much as the shit I just took). The game was tied 0 all until 5 minutes left in the third quarter, when Wake middle linebacker Mike Olson came on a blitz and forced a fumble. Defensive end John Gallagher recovered the ball, and Wake was set up on the 6 yard line. Wake QB Kevin Sousa (who earned his starting spot back this game) tossed a short middle screen play to freshman Terrance Campbell, and the 19 year old curled up the field for 6 points. A few minutes later, Wake standout linebacker Zachary Allen stripped the Iowa player and FS Daniel Mack returned it 52 yards to the house.

The fourth quarter saw Iowa figure out their offense: Iowa tight end CJ Fiedorowicz. The 6'7 freak of an athlete dominated a very good Wake defense, hauling in a 90 yard TD in the process. However, Wake was able to keep it together to close out the game and get the win. (got lazy on the summary there, basically I scored a couple more times and so did he).

Highly touted freshman Terrance Campbell was the player of the game in his first collegiate appearance. He hauled in 7 balls for 124 yards and a TD. Josh Harris racked up 53 yards on 13 carries and found the endzone once. Redshirt freshman Mark Bradley also caught 7 balls for 82 yards. Junior Matt James only had 1 catch for 9 yards, but was often missed downfield by just a few inches.

Overall a good start to the year for Wake on both sides of the ball I feel. Would like to see the pass D better, but they were covering a fucking freak in CJ.​

3. CoachRedd

2014 OC Season 4
    wake score S2.PNG
    wake team stats s4.PNG
    Game Recap(written by Kasper)​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #15 Wake Forest 31​
    vs​
    Iowa 17​
    Wake Forest controlled this one from about the second quarter on, with a late push coming from the Hawkeyes in the fourth quarter. Wake junior QB Kevin Sousa went 17-22 for 370 yards and 3 TDs with 0 interceptions, and receivers Matt James and Terrance Campbell each went over 100 yards (Campbell with 144 and a TD, James with 108 and a TD). Mark Bradley added 70 yards on 3 catches, and TE Cameron Washington caught 2 for 26 yards and a score in his debut game since transferring from Georgia.​
    "Kevin looked great today, without a doubt. A lot of people in the nation like to nit pick him and say he doesn't do this or that right, but he wins games for us and he is really becoming a focal point. If he plays like he did today I could almost guarantee we win the conference."​
    Strong words from Coach Kasper after the game.​
    Orville Reynolds looked great in his first start as well, racking up 105 yards on 17 attempts and also finding the endzone once. The 5'8 bowling ball was ducking behind offensive lineman, and bouncing off defenders like a bowling ball all game. Look for the junior to have a solid year behind a good offensive line.​
    Defensively Wake played great for 3 and a half quarters, sadly the Hawkeyes offense played a full 4. Coach Kasper wasn't hard on his defense but had the following to say:​
    "We definitely have some work, but there wasn't a lot expected from this unit by the 'experts' coming into the season. We have some young guys who have been itching to get on the field and showed they belonged today. We just need to polish the young talent and make sure they are ready week by week so they can do the little things right."​

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012