Iowa Welcomes Bradysenior Era

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Cortney Wiggins, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

[​IMG]

Welcome to the True Big Ten Era here in Overdrive i'm Coach Bradysenior and will be taking a few questions from some trusted news affiliates

ESPN: So how does it fell to finally be an active member of the TSO?

BS: Well at 1st it all seemed a lil much to be honest i'm used to being on other sites which are way smaller in comparison. But adjusting to these rules wont be an issue.

ABCSports: What style of play do you bring to the Big Ten & Iowa?

BS: Simple Ground & Pound tactics of old and new, and with my robust recruiting style we are sure to be in the Top 10 by end of next Season in recruiting and AP poll

CNN: Being a new member of the Overdrive what notice do you wish to send to the current owners?

BS: Really????? CNN has a sports department???? Naw we hope to bring it period every week whether its cpu or user we just are gonna bring it.

Well this is all the questions for now here is my resume

Founder/Member of MSF
    Have been in leagues in NCAA since PS2 on Leaguedaddy
    read rules of course
    Name is Cortney W.
    Age 32
    Kids 4
    location Arkansas
    Work Gamestop( no hookups ) lol

Anything else just ask me

otherwise thanks for the invite and goodluck all

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Welcome to the B1G - Where EVERYTHING goes through East Lansing ;)

3. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

anything other than Iowa yellow is just subpar sorry man the tide is changing

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Wish you luck

5. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Give a full season in the league before talking that trash. ;) Now if you run the table in the B1G this year, have at it.

Oh, and welcome to both of the new coaches. Excited for more coaches in the conference. Now we've got 5 in the B1G, pretty awesome. I just hope I can turn this crappy season around.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

@courtney wiggins

Hey man, I didn't catch it initially, but the Big Ten is full with four members, two in each division.

I guess at this point it really doesn't matter, unless your fellow big Ten members have an issue with it. It's gonna cause you guys to have more user games and possible others less.

So, stay where you are and if anyone else from the big Ten would like to move over, let me know.

7. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I have no issues with it. I like having more people in the conference.

8. thecajunnacho78

thecajunnacho78 Walk On

I can change over if I need too. I wouldn't mind taking a team in the ACC, I just couldn't play against my tigers in the SEC

9. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

[​IMG]

Iowa Fans Prepare for Rose Bowl
    Just in a matter of weeks the Hawkeyes have taking the no tolerance approach and have mad a major splash in the B1G conference by securing its title and representing the conference in the BCS Rose Bowl..
    When catching up with the Black & Yellow nation leader here what he had to say about finishing strong and looking toward next season.
    ESPN3: What are your goals for finishing with a bowl win?
    BS: Well its important to me and all that play here for this great college, and a win in the Rose gives us national attention when trying to lure top talent to Iowa.
    ABCSports: What are your goals for next season? And your outlook on your 1st full season with Iowa?
    BS: Well 1st goal of the new season is a must win in the Rose Bowl this season, and then shifting our focus yet again toward our attempt to dominate the B1G conference play next season especially our user games.
    Rose Bowl w/ Recap
    [​IMG]
    Sweet Victory

Rudock has the Hawkeyes celebrating a 35-18 Rose Bowl victory over Auburn.
    What a season it has been for the Hawkeyes here in the Overdrive as they made mop work of the #3 Auburn Tigers to push themselves into the Top 10 heading into our 5th season.

During this game these were the scoring drives presented by Coke Zero
    FIRST QUARTER
    2:14
    TD
    [​IMG] Iowa Ken Castillo TE #81 26 yard TD from Jake Rudock QB #15 (Trai Robinson K #18 kick)
    1:16
    TD
    [​IMG] Aub Jayson James WR #88 8 yard TD from Zeke Pike QB #16 (Mike Rivas K #15 kick)
    SECOND QUARTER
    4:18
    TD
    [​IMG] Iowa Jacob Hillyer WR #84 61 yard TD from Jake Rudock QB #15 (Trai Robinson K #18 kick)
    0:25
    TD
    [​IMG] Iowa Jake Rudock QB #15 6 yard TD (Trai Robinson K #18 kick)
    THIRD QUARTER
    3:43
    TD
    [​IMG] Iowa Terry Washington WR #88 21 yard TD from Jake Rudock QB #15 (Trai Robinson K #18 kick)
    1:50
    FG
    [​IMG] Aub Mike Rivas K #15 50 yard FG
    FOURTH QUARTER
    6:38
    TD
    [​IMG] Aub Sammie Coates WR #18 71 yard TD from Zeke Pike QB #16 (2-Pt)
    3:43
    TD
    [​IMG] Iowa Jacob Hillyer WR #84 6 yard TD from Jake Rudock QB #15 (Trai Robinson K #18 kick)

Player of the Game:
    CMP/ATT

YDS

TD

INT
    J. Rudock
    23/28

See ya next Season folks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  10. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

[​IMG]

Season 2 of the Brady experience out in Iowa starts vs cpu and Brady was hoping to taste the flavors of the Overdrive!!! But will set their sights high on repeating as B1G Champions behind a stout team of returning stars and soon to be prolific talent..

11. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

First Win a Close One

Garmon, Iowa manages to edge North Carolina by a hair in season debut.

[​IMG]
    TD: G. Gibson pass to B. Rodriguez for 18yds

Week 1: UNC @ Iowa​
    During game 1 it was just a barn burner as I couldn't stop #25 Price from running all over my defense, and they could stop the passing gm from taking off without a hitch. But game one ended in tragedy as EA Servers or my 360 locked up the game on one of the highest scoring comeback wins of all time 63-58.​
    Game 2: UNC 17 @ Iowa 24​
    This game was much better defensively as apparently all it took was to zero in on the effort of Price and contain him and then you add some about time tackling from my defense and it equaled a win. Garmon led the way with 21car 143yds 1td, and the defense compiled of 4sks 2int 1ff overall it was a good outing, but now our focus shifts to SEC's powerhouse LSU​

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

A Thin Win

Garmon and the Hawkeyes are relieved after a near mishap against LSU.

[​IMG]
    Week 2: Iowa 38 @ LSU 34
    POG: G. Garmon- 31car 298yds 2tds
    In this weeks battle it was B1G vs SEC and let me tell you we wouldn't disappoint the good ole boys of the south. As the game started with Iowa taking a 14-0 lead to end the 1st quarter. In the 2nd things exploded as we seen a combined 37pts scored in this quarter with LSU taking a 24-27 lead into the half.
    So in the 3rd we seen Iowa strike 1st behind the run game as Fontenot dashes for 17yds to put the Hawkeyes up 31-27 with 5min left in the quarter. Then after a surgical drive LSU was back in the lead 31-34 on a 4yd td run by Randall who would finish the day with 14car 171yds 2tds 80lng. But this would be the last time LSU would score as Iowa would Run&Gun the Tigers defense with short and well placed plays to score with 1min before the 4th to take the lead for good 38-34 behind the legs of Garmon for 1yd td..
    As you can see we played stellar defense in the 4th to hold off a red hot Tigers team, and now Iowa sets their sites on unranked TCU see ya then...

13. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

Hawkeyes Win

TCU is unhappy with their poor showing against Iowa.

[​IMG]

Week 3: TCU 32 vs Iowa 42
    POG: G. Garmon 25car 174yds 1tds 21lng

1st Half:
    Well the #7 Hawkeyes started out cold as their 1st drive stalled and led to a 2yd rushing TD by Thornton TCU 7-0 with 3:29 remaining in the 1st quarter. On Iowa's next drive they would tie it up 7-7 at :34 behind Fontenot 1yd TD run one of four on the day.

To start the 2nd quarter TCU would strike again at 6:48 behind a 40yd TD pass to Tompkins to take the lead 14-7. But after a failed drive TCU would strike back yet again behind a 1yd TD pass to Gilbert to extend the lead to 21-7 with 3:24 to play before half. After a steady drive and some well placed plays Iowa would strike via ground at 1:35 left 21-14 is the score at this point. Jus before the half though TCU you make good on their leg power behind a 34yd FG at 0:36 to play in the half to extend the lead 24-14 at half.

2nd Half:
    So to start the 3rd Iowa would force 1 of their 2 turnovers on the day to nail a rushing TD of 22yds by Fontenot to pull close 24-21 with 4:53 left in the 3rd.

After some great defense Iowa would be back in the scoring department behind yet another crafty run by Fontenot this time for 10yds to take the lead 24-28 to end the quarter.

In the 4th it would be Iowa to strike 1st on a 16yd rushing TD at 6:15 to extend the lead 24-35 with still way too much time left to play in this shootout, but after missing the 3rd quarter to even score TCU would find the endzone off an 18yd pass TD to Tompkins w/ a 2pt conversion to shrink Iowas lead to 32-35 with 4:05 left in the quarter. On the ensuing kick off Iowa's Harvey would scamper 106yds for a KR TD to extend the lead 32-42 to end the game.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

So, 3-0 by the hair on your chinny chin chin

15. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

Would have loved more user games, but in the end we have a conf title to defend

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'll be waiting for a rematch of "sandwich gate".

17. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

great sandwich for you, big win for us rivalry started!!!! Iowa leads 1-0 see ya soon

18. C Young

C Young Walk On

Neither of you makes it out of the Big 10 Title Game alive w/ a revitalized PSU D on the hunt!

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Ohhh I remember Penn State....

20. C Young

C Young Walk On

We'll see what happens next time - much older squad this year...those young guys remember that game.

21. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

Well I remember Iowa vs OSU last year and let me tell you it was great!!! Iowa looking to repeat so just lay the controllers down and walk away... lol sometimes i'm full of myself

See you soon fellas

22. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

One of the best parts about the Big Ten is that in 4 years, 4 different user teams have won the conference title: Nebraska, Indiana, Michigan State, and Iowa. And two of those were user vs user conference championships. Penn State's turn next?

23. Cortney Wiggins

Cortney Wiggins Walk On

Nail-Biter!

Iowa finds a way to win with a 58-50 OT thriller.
    [​IMG]
    Week 5: #13 Ohio State 50 @ #6 Iowa 58
    POG: Dual Threat
    G. Garmon
    29car
    206yds
    4tds
    53lng
    R. Fontenot
    20car
    199yds
    1td