Irrational bcs logic

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by the bigg dawgg, Jul 22, 2013.

1. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

so in a dynasty I am Alabama undefeated 13-0 sec champions number one all season and I get bumped out of the championship game in the final week after a 31-7 win over #13 south Carolina. what the fuck kinda bullshit is that???? it makes no sense to me

2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I've done countless sims and I've found the bowl logic to be pretty damn good.

Weird.

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

What teams got in? And whats their records etc?

4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

13-0 ohio state and 13-0 north Carolina. both user controlled but I mean really? #1 from game one only to be jumped in the last game of the season. when in history has the number 1 team dropped by winning its game and two spots at that

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

You have to average at least 10 passes a game bro! ;):p That does suck.

6. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Haha damn I knew I was doin somethin wrong. It's all good cause its not a league I really care about. But its the principle of it all

• Like Like x 1
  7. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

always depends on the ranks they played too...if they both played top 10 teams (which u didnt) that's probably a big reason.

8. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Only thing with that I played an sec schedule.so plenty of ranked teams we played. Add to.that ND and #2 Clemson two weeks before this.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Did you keep those shit schools like the real life Alabama on your schedule?

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

I dont know their original schedule but i know they kept the vt game and added #3 notre dame and #2 Clemson. Both user controlled

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Maybe margin of victory for the teams involved then?

12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

FOund the ranking to be odd as well. I simmed a season using sjsu and ended up getting ranked 7 by the end of the year with 11-2 record. The next season, i had a 100+ ranked recruiting class and was ranked #17 preseason, lost my heisman trophy winner qb, best wr, best rb, and my top FS/DB rated in the 90s to draft/graduation.

The start of the season stanford was ranked 23 or something like that. So i decided to play my games the next season to try to get #1 and get a national championship bid and by the half ot he season i got up to #7 by week 8 or so and in that time, stanford jumped up from 23 to in front of me at #3 before our game. I had beaten three ranked teams notredame, sdsu, and air force (yes air force) in first half of the year. I ended up beating stanford anyway to move up to #5 the next week, but thought it was weird they leap frogged me. Notre dame was a close game, but sdsu and airforce were beat downs.

Luckily, all the undefeated teams ended up losing and i finished the season undefeated with a national championship. The weird thing is my recruiting class improved to #32 after my national championship year and retained my QB, my receivers, and most of my defense, but ended up not even ranked the next year.

I dont follow ncaa football so no clue how its calculated, but thought it was odd i had a better recruiting class and retained key positions and didn't even rank when the previous year i had a terrible recruiting class and lost my heisman qb and stayed rank.

13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

what you have discovered is that, unlike the real life BCS, the video game has no SEC bias. So, in RL being bama is worth a couple wins in the polls automatically and we all know the ACC sucks..... In the video game, the ACC gets plenty of love and the SEC is just another conference. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

the bigg dawgg were you #1 in BCS rankings? If you didn't tab through to check, it would just go by the coach poll. I had this happen to me.

15. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

all season I was. before championship week I was 1.000 and unc and osu were both 0.92 after the week I fell to third