Is All-Madden even fun to play?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Drama84, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

Ok. I am going to preface this by stating that I don't mind a challenge and I can beat the CPU on All-Madden, but there are some pretty annoying facets on this difficulty that in my eyes make the game unrealistic.

CPU Runningback- These runningbacks break tackles like earl cambell, run like Marcus Allen and protect the rock like Curtis Martin. Even after I turned the break tackle slider down for the CPU these runners just don't go down. I don't mind if Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson are shedding tackles and running lose all over me, but it simply doesn't matter who is back there.

I don't over pursue and I do not abuse the hit stick. These guys just beast mode me. (Please tell me I am not alone)

User Fumbling and Wide Open dropped passes- What is the deal with these drops? If that is how the actual game plays that is going to be just silly. Hakeem 95 overall Nicks is dropping these underneath routes that are nearly can't miss catches. Stupid.

The defense knows how to hit stick and when they hit you, there is a good chance you are coughing it up. Several times a game too. Again. I am not trucking a lot. I run out of bounds when I can and protect the ball. Doesn't matter. Everyone is Tiki Barber early in his career.

I love this game and can't wait for it to come out, but good lord All-Madden difficulty is silly this year. Having said that, I am a glutton for punishment so I am going to keep playing it on all madden until I am more consistent!

2. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Nah your not the only one. I dont ever really even try to play all madden on the demo because I might not buy the game if I did. I was actually bored last night and got destroyed. More funny than frustrating last night.

3. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

Looking at the sliders - the only difference between All-Pro and All-Madden is that the user's players are worse. All the sliders for both teams are on 50 on All-Pro. On All-Madden however, the computer's team reamins at 50 and the user's team drops to 25.

So playing on All-Madden does suck but it will make you a better player. For instance, you'll have to learn all the nuances of manual catching or suffer through your WRs dropping 5 yard passes. You'll have to learn the timing of the routes or continuously get sacked.

I would prefer that All-Madden mode just made the computer AI better versus putting the user's players on an unequal playing field though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Drama84

Drama84 Walk On

I agree with that last thought. Cpu should just be harder. Having said that, I played this morning and I was doing a lot better. Damn cpu literally beat me with a 50 yard hail Mary Td with no time left on the clock lol.

5. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Try raising the sliders to 35 for user leaving the CPU at 50. When passing the ball be sure to manually catch it yourself and wait til it's secure before making a cut.

I felt the same way, although I did manage to beat All-Madden a few times. The RB is ridiculous on All-Madden. I put it on slow, and it helped keep them from breaking and bouncing around all over the place when coming in contact. Then I found out about the LT commit run/pass call. That helps as well. Now the CPU on all madden is barely rushing for 50 yards, and I'm able to hold Eli to about 140-180 yards. Stupid players let Cruz get open deep 3 times a game it seems like. This game will truly take smarter football to be successful. It doesn't have that same arcade feel the previous editions had. At least that's how it feels to me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

IMO you're taking the demo too seriously. the final game almost always plays differently.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Agreed, even the game speed will be different on normal in the retail version. I predict 'slow' in the demo will be much like 'normal' in retail. But we shall know in less than a week... :)

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

It's funny cuz talking to the guys they laughed that some of us played in all madden in M12. The game was meant to be played on All-pro where as in other difficulty levels players play better, or worse than their ratings suggest.

This year all madden is a huge jump from all pro. The good news is that you can adjust sliders in everything except play now and get the best experience for you.

9. Emmdotfrisk

I have been playing on SLOW on the retail version and I like it.

10. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

A huge jump as in players will player better/worse than their rating to a greater extent than even last year?

11. Emmdotfrisk

yes. A greater ratings boost or decline for All-Madden, Pro, and Rookie than we have seen in previous years. All-Pro is more or less the "default" which has been shaped by the hardcore community.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The game feels great on slow in the demo