Is anyone having their XBL account signed in by others?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jello1717, Dec 13, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This morning, I'm frequently (every minute or so) told that someone else has signed onto my XBL account (no one else has the info) and when I immediately sign back in I'm told that it was last signed in on another console.

When I try to go to xbox live's site to change my password, I'm unable to access any xbox live sites on either firefox or IE (all other sites are fine).

Has anyone else seen this? Do you know how to fix it? Is someone hacking my account? Is XBL in general being hacked (which is why I can't get to their site)?

2. jello1717

Someone's somehow hacking my account. I see from email confirmations that at 10:46 am they renewed my XBL gold, bought 10,000 microsoft points, and added their own email address to my account. I noticed the email address when trying to reset my password online and didn't go through with it since it'd send the password reset link to their email address too.

I'm on hold now trying to talk to a real person to straighten this out now.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I've been getting kicked of xbox live at random times here lately. I can sign back in right away i wonder if someone has hacked my account?

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ive heard about this several times. Its so disheartening.

5. jello1717

This is exactly what happened to me. I checked my email account associated with it and saw confirmation emails that the hacker bought things with my account (10,000 M$ points and renewed my yearly gold subscription). They also added their email address to my windows live account and changed my secret answer to something in Chinese.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Haha, I know this is no laughing matter, but that's hilarious.

How did this happen? How can others prevent it?

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

As a person in the service provider area with a focus on security, the Chinese remain as the #1 security threat. This topic comes up in the many discussions I have with my clients interested in ethical hacking / penetration testing.

8. jello1717

They hacked my account by getting my password somehow (I have no idea how because it's pretty strong). Once they had it, they could change anything they wanted. Just like how you can change your account and add your own alternate email address, if someone hacks your account, then they can too. Same goes for secret questions and anything else that you have access to. The adding their own email address really sucked because that kept me from resetting my PW because they email the reset link to every email address associated with the account so the hacker would also get the reset link. I'm just glad that I was paying enough attention to see this new address so I didn't go through with the PW reset. It said something like:
    This link will be sent to
    je****@yahoo.com
    ca****@hotmail.com

Since I knew that ca* email address wasn't mine I quit and had to have the account locked.

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I check my card daily on the net so if these fuckers try anything i will catch it early.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What mobile device do you use?

11. jello1717

I have an iPod touch.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Do you have any Xbox Live related applications?

13. jello1717

Nope.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just checking. Seems like an obvious hacking platform.