Archived Is It Just Me....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Oct 31, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

but does the CPU play extra aggressive with bump and run? I get easy passes throughout the game by my WRs getting behind the coverage. Does anybody else notice this? I bet if this was causing somebody would of brought it up but since its easy...

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

It has happened alot in some of my games. Not to many in TCU but i have had a few of them.

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

i hate that 90 percent of my cpu opponents are no-huddle cheesy mofos

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

No htye dont...thats not the reason your getting behind them or my wrs atleast

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Ya, i throw deep when they bump and run and have no safeties over the top. Usually there blitzin and theres not much else you can do. If you have good WR with good release they can get by the corner fairly quickly but if you call something over the middle theres a good chance if your guy doesnt get an inside release the corner will end up coming underneath. I think I'm going to a pro style offense next season to try and get a running game going because my pass game seems to be bombs or short crossing routes and screens.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm in a pro offense right now and I think I had one game where I passed for 300 yards on only 8 completions. I think it may be the Heisman setting causing the aggressive defense. When I play on my Varsity sliders I don't see any of that craziness. We obviously can't play on Varsity but maybe think about a move to All American. Does anyone play on All American? Does it feel different from the CPU playcalling perspective?

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nah, they clearly 'fail' on their bump and my WR does a stumble animation and becomes wide open, normally down a sideline. I mean my WRs are good and I don't remember it being this easy during Year 1. I'm so used to playing with 'average' players that I don't realize how easy this game is with good players.

8. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Truthfully, the hardest and fairest sliders I played with were all american ones. The even teams were tough and the easy teams were easy. There were in between also. But your personal stance on sliders wouldn't work because you don't like to have the cpu and hum have different sliders. But realistically that's the only way to have real results. With the way they made this game the cpu will always need help because the cpu does not think logically or strategize. Too hard to program. That will. Never change....why they gave us sliders to adjust...keyword here...AI

• Like Like x 2
  9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I have seen a few good sets. All American and Heisman.

The key is you need to make the CPU offense able to make big plays.
    You need to make the CPU defense able to slow down the human with coverage and tackling and not give up the deep pass. Coach sliders make a difference.

One reason Heisman works better in many cases is they "know your play". They are less likely to leave a guy one on one and press, or overload one side and let the human flip the play and not adjust. It still happens but a lot less than on All American.

The biggest issue with ODs is user games revert back to level default. The LB and safeties that played well with the sliders, go back to being jackasses at default.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If no one else is seeing easy streak patterns I chalk that up to my WRs being that good. I mean, they are 95 and 92 overall respectively. I just hate 'easy' CPU games. It bores the shit outta me. Ehh, maybe I need to start destroying my team through recruiting and see if I can produce the same results.

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I agree that cpu coverage is a little loose. I look at everyone's videos and i see that the majority of passes are dropback streaks. I only call deep passes when i set them up and i only throw to my deep threats. So my guys "should" be open. i dont "wait" to see if the cpu is blitzing by presnap actions. If your game is about that, you can audible to the weakness of the cpu every play. I call my play and run that play. i only change plays that clearly dont work vs how the defense is and how my blocking has been during the game.

im all for bumping up the cpu defense, and particularly pass coverage. what i dont want is to have a 86 speed 78 man coverage MLB cover my 96 speed wr 20 yards down field.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Try this. Put the game on Varsity ( you can use my sliders;)) and you'll notice the CPU doesn't show its weakness as much. In fact, I notice the CPU matches up more on lower levels. I also read that if you put the User QB acc at 95 and move the CPU Acc at 5 the game will play better. No other adjustments needed. Not sure how true that is though but a lot of guys have noticed a bigger difference. I'll try that later on today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

A few of those slider guys have said the real range is the top 90s, or the bottom 5 of the settings and the game plays better.

There was a guy who had zero sliders who was getting a lot of good results and feedback. Another dude went on an 80-100 scale and he had good results. We had a real good set last year that was high end(impact ratings over 70, none lower than 50, All American, that was good and challenging.