Is it me?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jan 17, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Is it me, or do all of our quarterbacks fumble the ball a lot? One of the deciding plays against Cal, was my QB fumbling the ball with the CAL DE picking up the ball and scoring, my QB I believe fumbled twice in the game. Against VT, after making a big stop, and getting a big run, my QB dropped back to pass scrambled and was stripped (I believe VT had aggressive strip on through out the game). Against UCLA my QB lost a fumble. For the season my QB has fumbled the ball 8 times, I would say my team has recovered about half of them, but this just kills me.

After the CAL game I wanted to look my QB's rating to see why he is fumbling, and whether I should put in another QB, well when I looked at the ratings his carry rating was 67 which apparently is pretty good in this dynasty because only one other QB had a higher carry rating. I also compared it to the USC QB who fumbled the ball three times against me, and his rating was like 51 so I believe I am looking at the right rating.

I just want to know if other people are experiencing the same thing, because at this moment my only solution is to put conservative carry on when I pass. Because as everyone knows no one's running back fumbles the ball in this game unless their opponent has aggressive strip on. My 3 running backs have combined for 1 fumble in seven games and it was against VT.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its you...no, my QB fumbles a lot. Not sure how many times this year but I know he did last night at least once against Utah. No idea what Russ carrying rating is, but I try to slide before anybody touches him. But that doesnt always happen. HB's don't fumble in this years game, period. Why do think Cheez has the worlds highest TO ratio :D

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

My QB fumbles a good amount. Not much i can do about it though but conservative carry, which I really only use if I think a user has aggressive strip on

4. gowazzucougs

Here are the stats
    ASU Corey Malone 4 Fumbles on 33 Attempts (Carry Rating 54)
    CAL James Norman 1 Fumble on 21 Attempts (Carry Rating 76)
    MSU Ryan Johnson 1 Fumble on 33 Attempts (Carry Rating 59)
    Neb Steven White 5 Fumbles on 45 Attempts (Carry Rating 51)
    OSU Kevin Hughes 1 Fumble on 25 Attempts (Carry Rating 52
    Stan. Timoth Singletary 3 Fumbles on 27 Attempts (Carry Rating 51)
    NW Jarrod Gray 7 Fumbles on 51 Attempts (Carry Rating 54)
    WSU Andrew Jones 8 Fumbles on 50 Attempts (Carry Rating 67)

In looking at the ratings, poor MexiRican35 his QB is like mine a fumbling machine. At least his rating supports the number of fumbles. In addition @bucsfan047 QB's ratings supports the idea that his QB will fumble, for my QB I have no answer. My back up has a carry rating of 54, so I know he will fumble. The only positive thing I see is if anyone can get to the Stanford's QB he may fumble the ball.

5. gowazzucougs

It doesn't really matter what is happening, I will be back in the pocket getting ready to pass the defensive player hits him and he fumbles the ball, he will be scrambling and the opposing team will Big Hit like you probably did, or the defensive player will strip him like VT did. Of course there are the times when I actually hit slide, and the QB doesn't and the guy then proceeds to fumble. I have seen this twice in user games, I know once was not in this dynasty, the other I can't recall. Maybe there should be a rule called the late slide fumble, if the user says he hit slide and the QB doesn't and proceeds to fumble the offense retains possession. It would be similar to the late pitch. I know it may be impossible to enforce, but if you played me you would probably know the difference between the late slide fumble, and the no slide fumble.

In addition the over/under on fumbles by my QB is 1 1/2 against Stanford Cheez do you have the over?

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I press the cover up button (RB, right?) any time I get hit, even with the QB. Also, have you tried conservative carry?

7. gowazzucougs

With the QB, I don't know if I have time to think about using the cover up button. As for using conservative carry, that is probably a little cheap because I am not trying to prevent my RB from fumbling, i am trying to prevent my QB from fumbling.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Your QB has more fumbles than his HB's I would guess

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

From what ive gathered, even a reactionary button press/hold is better than nothing. It seems like there are multiple chances during each tackle animation where the ball can pop out. The more of those chances you negate by holding RB, the better. (Im of the opinion that those 'chances' are computed using a random # generator modified by both defender and ball-carrier's ratings).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Im actually going with the under - because my front 4 isnt getting the push that it has in the last couple years. I'm actually a little upset with it, to be perfectly honest. Also factor in that you are usually good about getting the ball off against me quick because you are looking for the quick routes rather than waiting for the deep bomb to open up.

i'm setting the O/U for sacks at 2.5

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Norman tore a peck against UW and will miss Ucla and Oregon respectively. My backup proceeded to come in and promptly fumble. Fb's fumble an ample amount too so carry has got to be the right one

Also gowazzucougs factor in that the rushing attemtps do not include sacks.

12. gowazzucougs

Rushing attempts include sacks, for the year my QB has rushed for -165 yards. That to me indicates it includes sacks. In the NFL, sacks are not seen as rushing attempts I believe.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes - NCAA counts sacks as rushing attempts, NFL does not.

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Ah ok. They really shouldn't....