is it ok

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Mar 8, 2011.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

to sign guys in the game and then release them, presumably to check out their potential? it seems this is a favorite ploy of bates' as he's always signing players and releasing them, assuming no one would notice

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

NO. It is NOT.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bates obviously does not realize we have a supercomputer on the board that monitors all movement. Right Dave? ;)

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

how often has he been doing this??

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

This is bogus. Someone should kindly remind him this is frowned upon and future instances will result in penalties.

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

he does it a lot, usually whenever he is looking to sign a free agent and he currently has 2 open bids on free agents that he obviously checked them out before placing the bids

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How lame...but is anyone suprised? I am suprised that more guys dont try it...

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I can see it happening by mistake if we were responsible for signing our players but most of the time its done for us. I dont even touch the file. Only to release players.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

no, he does it before he places the bids, check the latest transactions in the online franchise, he did it with 3 players last night, aroundthe same time that he placed the bids on at least one of the players he did the cut/drop with

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

A:I can not believe I never caught on to him doing that. B: I am not surprised as he has been "toeing the line" with me as it is with a couple things in the league. C: Not sure since it is not documented if we can do this but he should be banned from any current bids if he has done this. The whole point to a FA is the unknown and he is getting an unfair advantage with the sign and release crap.

11. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

no offense that should really push the line of getting booted. u r not to sign another player unless u won that player. then to do it over and over

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

In the interest of full disclosure, I have checked potential of free agents before I signed them

HOWEVER....

I use my offline rosters for OMFL that I saved when we first started league. If I have a question about a player, I load up an offline franchise with all 32 users on and check potential. Then I decide whether to offer/not offer, or if on the fence, try them out in practice mode offline.

I want to emphasize the term OFFLINE. Doing it online is cheesy and frowned upon. Honestly, doing it my way is cheesy too. But I justify it by keeping it offline and out of house.

13. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I think there is really two issues here.

1.) checking Potentials of Free Agents should not be allowed. You sign them. You deal with consequences.

2.) The fact that he is signing and cutting players in the chise file is really scary. Don't get me wrong, I know we all have the ability to do it but we need to make sure its clear to everyone that they are only allowed to release players and sign players only when they have them signed.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Completely 100% agree with both points.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree guys. This is not a written rule per say and he needs to cease and dissest(sp) this ASAP.

16. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On