Is it realistic

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Is it realistic

to expect a kicker to make a 58 yard fg by 5 yards with a 3mph wind blowing up and left?

Kicker attributes are 94 kpw 89 kac

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I would say that's close to realistic. It depends on how you determine the 5 yards beyond that it went. If it landed 5 yards behind the goal posts then ya that's probably realistic, but if it could have been good from five yards further then that may be pushing it but not by much.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

With 94 power and 89 accuracy he has a good chance of making that, but you have to have good timing with that power and aim it just right. 58 yarders are no joke

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

94kpw and he's making 58.........so does a 99kpw make a 68 yarder?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I agree. The longest ever made in an NFL game is 63. Two players did it, Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam. With that being said, it should require an NFL kpw of 99 in order to knock through a 63 yarder. If your 94 kpw hit a 58 yarder and had 5+ yards to spare that puts him at 63 yards which should equal 99 kpw on Madden.

So, no it's not realistic at all. Case closed.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I am sorry I should have clarified my first post. It should have said NCAA.

7. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I had a kicker in an online dynasty a while back and he had 99 kick power and 96 kick accuracy and i hit a 71 yarder with a 13 mph wind at my back.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

In real life no, the ratio is not realistic. But what are the sliders on? No way in hell you make a 58 yarder in the e-league even if you have half a wooden foot playing against the lions lol

9. GoGators

I know you meant NCAA. However, it's unlikely that an NCAA kicker will have more kick power than an NFL kicker. Even if they are on the same ratings scale, it should still take at least a 98 kick power to knock out a 63 yarder. So for your guy to hit a 58 yarder with a slight wind and completely full power, I still think that's a stretch of what's possible. Like someone else posted, if a 94 power hits that, then does a 99 power hit a 70 yarder? Or, is there zero difference between a 94 and 99 rating?

10. GoGators

But then again, we are talking about a game where people can morph through one another. So who knows.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You've never seen Barry Sanders play have you?

12. GoGators

Born and raised in Michigan. Never missed a game of Barry's. First and only childhood jersey I ever had.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Barry was the GOAT!!

14. GoGators

Yeah, Barry didn't need to cheat by morphing through people to be as good as he was. He simply ran circles around people until they got dizzy and fell down. Then he'd politely hand the ball to the ref and head back to the sideline after putting 6 on the board. Classy guy.

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sliders

AA KPW 35 KAC 45

16. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Also it should be noted that the NCAA long field goal is 67 yards. And just because the longest field goal is so many yards people have the leg to make them from farther, but the risk would be so high on such a long field goal that you will rarely see one attempted from much farther.

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My issue with the kick, although the AI made it in the game, is the logic the AI uses is flawed. It was 4th and inches at the time of the kick, 4 min left in the 4th quarter. Earlier in the game the AI went for it on a 4th and 24.

I was asking about the reasonableness because if I thought that there was any chance of making it I would have called time out. I have seen the AI try a 61 yard kick and come up well short, like 9 yards or so.

18. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

The cpu made it? Now that is strange, I have never seen the cpu make a kick that far. Of course the AI is all messed up also, but the AI seems to be messed up for a lot of situations.

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Yes, the AI made it. There was around 4 min left and I was up 14-13 with Army against Nebraska. Final score was 16-14.

I was more frustrated by how I lost rather than the fact I lost. Nebraska outgained me by at least 100 yards, however they dropped at least 3 passes that would have extended drives and 2 could have been for TDs.

So I could have lost worse than what I did lose. They should have beaten me by at least 10 points.