Is my depth chart cheesy?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 16, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

and btw I was able to complete the book and paper lol

I moved my starting CB Lamarcus Joyner from last year to FS, he's 5'8" 168!

That just doesn't sound right to me, but I only have 4 CB's, 2 FS's, 2 SS's.
    Two of the safeties are walkon's walkons, and both 45 overall.

So is this okay, or should I be playing with a 45 overall safety?

Also, my #3 receiver is my 3rd best corner, is it okay to play him in Dime as my fourth corner or no?

I think it is just a result of terrible recruiting, but I got inched out by a ton of dudes last year.

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Safety situation seems fine, I see no cheese. The WR/CB situation seems fine also. Was he an athlete?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

But in real life are there any 170lb safeties? Lol I'm a small guy but I play corner at D3..

Nope, he is a redshirt junior, and mixed in with a solid group of receivers last year when someone was injured.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You know what they say. If you have to ask, it probably is... lol

In all seriousness, I think the move from CB to S is not a big deal at all (assuming you did this during position changes, but still isn't an issue if you didn't, I think). Playing your #3 WR as a DB is a stretch to me. I think it's mainly because the offense you've been using lately uses 3-5 WR's on every play. That means he'll be on the field for every offensive play, and then again on D when you throw the dime out there. Also, looking at D-1 players, there are very, very few in the last 10-15 years that have played both sides of the ball as skill position players. Those who have were almost always starting DB's playing WR (i.e., Charles Woodson). Just doesn't seem legit to me to play a #3 WR who gets significant PT as a d-back in your regular dime package. Just my thoughts.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I agree, and I did move the CB to FS in the off season..

good shit

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sounds like something Ike or Jman would say!!!!

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Lol.....More Jman than me, you know i admit to my gayness!