Is there a reason we cant move picks till the offseason:?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Aug 17, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Is there a reason we cant move picks till the offseason:?

This is sorta of self serving of course!

But with the Rams I have very little player wise that others want, the players they do want would kill me even worse to move them.

The one thing I do have that others want is draft picks, I can improve my team now by using them.

I have a couple deals in place for players that will seriously help me now this season, they are on hold due to this rule.

If I wait till the offseason after season one I guess I can still improve then, but what is the thinking behind only moving them after this season?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The main problem is the fact that you might trade away your picks for middling talent, then leave to go to another team or just leave the league entirely and the team would be impossible to fill.

I personally would not have a problem with it, but I do understand the main objection with trading of draft picks before the offseason.

3. BRUCE80

I am not going to give my picks away trust me.

As with any trade it would need to get the stamp of approval.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

This has always been a sticky subject that has been broached multiple times.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

As both have said, this has been talked about a million times. I stand firm in what I feel needs to be done, but that's why we have a committee that votes on these things. If someone from the committee wants to re-vote and bring up the conversation again, then we can, but I feel like its been talked about a ton and not much else to talk about. Too many guy who swear to never leave, leave, and it makes these teams impossible to fill. Even if you traded away for some great talent and get a great deal, if the new owner doesnt feel that way about the talent AND their 1st rounder is gone, then its a tough team to fill.

6. BRUCE80

Hadnt seen it discussed and wasnt trying to stir the pot on it again.

Its tough for a team like mine to improve now, I get the reasoning and I am good with it.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

No Bruce, that's not what I meant buddie. You're not stirring anything. I don't mind re-discussing it again, I just know it was a huge discussion, possibly before you came on board. Ill try and find it and bump it.

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I see both sides of this myself for sure. That being said it may be something we bring up again after our first season is complete. Once we see how strong our current core is about staying together our opinions may change. A solid core of owners with very little movement as far as leaving and very little movement in switching teams would change my opinion for sure...