Is there a way to reset former user controlled teams' playbooks (and do we care)?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Is there a way to reset former user controlled teams' playbooks (and do we care)?

I've recently played Wisconsin who ran a fair amount of fleXbox One and wishbone which is clearly not Wisconsin's playbook and is probably option run or balance or something like that. Also, I played aOSU and they ran a fair amount of pistol so they might be Nevada (although they probably didn't run enough pistol to be Nevada, but ran too much to be aOSU).

Firstly, do we care if a CPU team isn't using their default playbook? I'm not sure that I do.

Secondly, if we do care, is there a way to change it (through the commish?) without having to assign a user to those teams?

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Not sure. But I didn't think Raz used to run fleXbox One, and I don't remember AG ever running pistol. Or did they?

3. jello1717

When I played a CPU controlled Wisconsin last year (when Raz couldn't get his internet working) they ran fleXbox One and wishbone.

When I played AG last year, he told me that he was using Nevada's playbook and he ran tons of pistol against me.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ok, I stand corrected. I guess I hadn't played AG in the 2010 version yet.

So it seems like their playbook selections stayed in place. Might explain in part why OSU had such a bad season?

Would be nice to change these back if there's a way.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

In the big picture I'm not sure it matters, esp. to me since I don't normally play those Big 10 schools, but I could see the issue with the guys who do...If we can change them to their school's playbook I'd be for it but if the guys using Michigan, Penn St., etc. don't care then neither do I.

6. jello1717

It seems like you're caught up on Wisconsin and Ohio State. We've also had/lost users @ (from my memory)
    Miami (Cole)
    Texas (Mile High I think)
    Alabama (Bruce)
    Navy (Mors)
    Colorado (Mile High)
    (2 Big 12 teams in there)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ahhhh, good points....That explains my losses to Texas and Colorado.:rolleyes:

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

This explains why Colorado kept trying to run the wildcat formation against me!

9. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I would be for resetting their playbooks. Also, wouldn't the offensive/defensive gameplan (west coast, 4-3, etc.) need to be reset too for recruiting purposes?

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yes...Another good point.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ohio St. playbook has a pistol formation in it. I am not sure how much of it you saw.

BTW...Ohio St. had no problem against me :( .... must just be me.

To reset the playbooks you would have to invite someone into the dynasty to change them and have him leave the dynasty after the change. This would be need to be done with each team that has had its playbook changed.

12. jello1717

Ohio St's playbook definitely wasn't theirs. They only have 1 pistol and when I played them, they used at least 2 and probably 3 pistol formations.