Is this cheesy???

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, May 6, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Is this cheesy???

So I played Minnesota last week and I know they totally suck azz. I benched my #1 RB, #1 LB, and #1 CB. These are guys I cant afford to be injured if I want to win the next week against OSU.

I definetly cant afford #1 HB to be hurt especially since Crews is already out for a while.

After thinking about it....is this kind of cheesy. Should I have to play my starters in crappy CPU games???

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Coaches' decision IMO. Personally would play them and maybe rotate them out pretty early in the game but that's your decision as the Penn St. head coach and from talking to you, you seem to think this is your last chance...

3. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Right, coaches call....big game coming up, I'd be pissed one of my stars went down in a game I knew I was gonna romp in

It's going to be interesting to see what happens if the cpu is much tougher in NCAA 10 and we are losing to the cpu as well as the user games

NCAA is typically tough though, I know Helli and myself lost more than our fair share of games in the PS2 days to the cpu

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I agree but I always sort of handicapped myself to the point that I ended up losing. I remember having a Midd. Tennessee State dynasty where I never even sniffed a title lol. Take our recruiting restrictions and gameplay restrictions and I probably woulda.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

OK cool..........i was just thinking.

Rhude this is what will happen.......in the 1st 2 seasons there will be some CPU losses...especially if we start on Heisman. The teams will be more even. Then after we steal most of the recruits and learn all the ways to beat up the AI.......it will beat down city again.....

Also we are all veterans of the game.......it will take us no time to figure out the plays that work and vice a versa........it is the same story every year.

EA AI is just no that good.

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah but y'all started out with elite teams here....that makes a big difference

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

True........I think next season alot of guys will be taking A schools again.

They only way I take a crappy school is if EVERYONE takes one.

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I'm taking a crappy team, I don't care if I'm the only one.....too easy starting with an A squad, nothing to work for

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Have fun......you are struggling with A+ Oklahoma.....:monkeybutt:

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

yeah 3 big 12 titles is struggling, and currently working on a 4th in a row....you should be so lucky :p

And I meant more recruiting wise, OU does not struggle in that department

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    against A+ everyone else.

I think the adaptive AI next year could be something worthwhile. Not sure how much effect it will have on AI holes, but at least you won't be able to just run to the outside everytime.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

pffffttt

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Division Title........meh. BSC title....thats where it is at.

O yeah 1 more and you will be caught up with good ole joe pa...

Yeah recruiting is a joke with the Elite teams.......it is down right laughable with PSU. I leave so many stars on the table.

I hope it is a bit harder next year....I hope the CPU puts up more of a fight.

14. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Also if the progression has been tweaked as they said it was....it will make it possible to build a team up with your guys progressing as they should

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i'm taking a low tier team next year.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jonathan Campbell, who had a 3-4 week injury, was finally healthy for the Wisconsin game, which I played last night, but I want him to at least start the Penn State game healthy so I held him out completely.

17. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

No its not cheesy at all. I think its a smart move and nothing wrong with being smart.

18. MaxPayne2k

MaxPayne2k Guest

Not cheese @ all bro you did the right thing you are playing within the rules.

-MaxPayne2k