Is this legal?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Is this legal?

I noticed it playing online against some teams where the entire line crashes in Unison and gets immediate pressure.

I don't know how to do it because when I push the have the line crash a certain way they do but it looks nothing like what I'm talking about....

It looks as if the defense is sharing the same brain and all go the same direction at once......

It was done against me recently and made it darn near impossible to run against.

If it is legal can somebody please tell me how to do it?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

if you have to ask then it probably isn't. it probably fucks with the OLINE AI and is therefore a glitch.

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

It looks nothing like real football but if it is acceptable please let me know how to do it.....

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

video??????

5. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

The D-line gets instant penetration..... I did not want to say anything but if it is legal I think we should all know how to do it.

6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I played Foshie in a scrim and he did it but never in the game..... He might know what I'm talking about....

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

its run commit. hold in the left trigger once.
    and yes its cheesy as all hell.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's probably the commit feature. We banned it in the deuce because countering it on offense is a crapshoot. Not to mention you can stop the short yardage runs 95 times out of 100.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

oh shit I for about that feature....damn. yeah thats it...good one bub

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i've never used it...

Ban?

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

*predicted it.

I tried to give him hints last time I played him (I'll play along and not name names) and he wasn't taking.... :D

we need a rule.

Can we ban insta-QB keeper-up-the-middle while we're at it, please. A good league is all about compromise.

12. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

They call it the D-Line Contain Glitch (Instant Heat) & The Run Commit Exploit (Instant Heat)

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

hmm I only know about run commit. I thought you were talking about somebody in our league... :)

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I was......... No names though.....

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Witch hunt?!?

I'm so game...

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

We either ban the run commit or limit it to certain down and situations.
    I think it should just be banned. You can already crash the line do we need super crash? Plus you would have people playing pass defense and run committ to the middle. This is common cheese online.

I know what your saying about the contain super rush but that does not work ,if you dont move your qb at all, the guys will just stand there. But a guy that runs out of the pocket will have problems with that D, especially when they package sub their OLB's. Stay in the pocket and you'll tear that up.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Ban the run committ. (pulls torch and pitch fork out of closet.)

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agree. Seems pretty easy to police as its obvious when it's used.

19. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I am glad I brought it up..... Short down situations it's ridiculous.... I started thinking if this is legal I need to learn how to do it because it is practically impossible to run against it unless you run a pitch to the opposite side of the crash....

I've only played two people in the league that have done it against me but online they run it every running down.

I always wondered how they were doing it.

It should be banned because it doesn't even look realistic.... The defense looks like the "rockettes" as they instantly turn shoulders and are in the backfield.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There are a ton of things to do both on O and D that are unrealistic. That is just one of them and yes I am for the ban on run commit.

I havent used it.

As Fosh said qb contain is ok and should be. Those DEs wont do anything if you stay in the pocket if you leave they jump on you which is exactally what its for. If a player wants to run outside with his qb all the time in this game its too easy to do also in short yardage its damn near money, I have seen people take the snap run to the end of the line with the qb and pick up the short yardage they needed also which to me is unrealistic and you really never see it in Football.

QB contain is a good way to try and counter it. The insta keeper up the gut and around the end are just as bad as run commit imo when used in this game they are damn near impossible to stop.

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I was there and remember this prediction. And yes unless its a play design the insta qb keeper shit is lame too. If its a designed play like the Florida Tebow plays up the gut where its a dive play those are cool as heck and we use them on our Pee Wee team.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    damn didn't know about this!

23. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

What is the insta-QB sneaker?

If your talking about the Qb running to the edge and getting a first down on an option play I disagree.

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I like to run some plays where all my receivers are running routes to the right. I slant my line and roll right, if 1, 2, and 3 arent open I take off.

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

He wasn't talking about that. He was talking about dropping back 2 steps then running it right back up the middle.

But if your bringing up that qb to edge you like to do lets talk about it.