Is this right?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by whygodwhy1111, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Is this right?

One of my leagues recently replaced the commish. The new commish comes in and kicks me out of the league after our teams play eachother.

Here is why.
    We play eachother, he has a year 3 florida god team, I am an A- Tenn team. He jumps out to a 35-7 lead. I take my offense vertical the rest of the game and end up winning 45-41. He throws out that game for the following reason:
    • I used the 1-5 to stop his running game. (It was not ban and I needed speed to catch the 99 speed RB that got 200+ yards on me in the first quarter)
    • Twice I got big gains scrambling laterally out of the pocket and waiting for the HB to clear the mid zones.
    • I use a handful of shotgun plays where I shifted my line and rolled my qb out of the pocket.
    • Sometimes I backpeddled too far out of shotgun.

It was not my intention to be cheesy or non-sim. I was playing under the following false assumptions:
    I did not know that 1-5 was not to be used, despite it not being mentioned in the rules. I use to think that trying to pass after you leave the pocket is better than running on a passing play. I thought manually rolling the pocket was ok.

He resets the game, and explains to me that I committed too many cheese plays. Note that he did not say anything during the game. I ask many question to try to get an understanding of what not to do. I tell him that it is not my intention to cheeze, and I did not understand all of the unwritten rules I should be following. Additionally, I say that if I make a mistake and get a big gain, let me know and I will punt or miss a FG to be fair.

We play again.

I follow all the new rules he gives me. In the first quarter he tells me not to run FB dive with a HB at the FB position. I do not do this for the rest of the game.

In the third quarter, I call a regular passing play from the strong formation with my HB at the FB position. I hit the FB(hb) in the flat for a 50 yard gain. He quits and kicks me out of the league. I was also winning at the time.

One of the specific questions I asked him was what package subs are prohibited. This was his answer:
    sprinkled in.... 2 plays with the HB at FB. one of which was before he mentioned to me not to fb dive with the fb. So HB at QB is fine, but HB at FB gets you banned from the league.

Pretty fair. Glad I invested 4+ weeks of my life playing in a dynasty so the league can be taken over by a new commish who kicks me out if I beat him.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well is this around here?

I believe that having your RB and FB under the normal sets isn't allowed...so what you did was breaking the rules.

BUT under the shotgun formations, it's under my knowledge that's allowed because it's programmed into the game.

Things like the defensive stuff should be spelled out in your league, if not, I don't think it's considered cheese at all.

Scrambling it's basically something that's monitored to the effect that it's NOT cheesy...like sprinting towards a side and running where the defense isn't...things of that nature.

The shotgun plays, the line movement shouldn't be an issue, especially if you rolled in a realistic manner towards where the line moved.

The backpeddling IMO shouldn't be an issue neither...usually if you move too far away, the icons drop if I recall correctly.

IMO as a commish, if there's foul play, there should be some immediate interaction and that pretty much goes for anyone who plays another user and foul play is suspected.

I don't think he should have thrown out the 1st game, I didn't see anything that was against the tradition ideals here. In fact, the RB @ FB stuff was more of a red flag than what you did in the 1st game. Again this is all based upon what my league is on (T1). I'm sure ryno/drifter can clarify things even better.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Where is the rule on FB package subs? I am unable to find it.

additionally its a normal passing play not play action. how is the HB being at FB and going out for a pass any different than if the HB had run the route from the HB position. (other than the obvious reason of that play does not have the HB position running that route). The only advantage I get from the package sub is that the one back running a route is a HB. If it makes a difference I used the HB swap and not dual HB.

If I had know this was an issue, I could have run the exact same play by using the normal package aubiled my FB to block and given my HB the hot route r-stick down.

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Is this a Tradition league?

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

TF: Southern Exposure

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

It sounds like you were pushing some of your leagues rules to get yourself back into the game, dangerous ground there. I personally hate when guys sub in HB @ FB, there is no need to do this other than to get some sort of speed advantage. Regardless, I think you should take up your concern with your commish and your league mates, and if you dont get the answers you need there go up the ladder. Airing out this stuff site wide usually results in nothing good.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I assumed he would delete my post if I made it in the league. But I will try.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Locked.

There is a bit more to this story than is being told in this post.

Publicly posting this stuff won't bode well for your reinstatement. This should have been discussed with your commish and then with management.

For clarification:

- Subbing in your HB to FB just for the purpose of passing to him is not sim. I can think of very very very few occasions where putting a HB in for a FB would be anything other than taking advantage of AI or matchups. We have FBs for a reason and it's not just run blocking.

- Manually scrambling is okay as long as you receive pressure in the pocket. No pressure mean you stay in the pocket, step up and make your throw.

- A new set of modified rules will be coming out shortly. The old ones don't go into enough detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.