Is this strategy fair or cheap?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by killajo90405, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Is this strategy fair or cheap?

Looking at the depth chart of the team I am supposed to play and i see that he has his best rated WR as his #4 WR, and that this player has 35 more catches that any other player on his roster.

I like to play man press defense. Is it cheap if I move my best rated CB to the #4 spot to match-up? Or should I just use player-lock in passing situations or both, or neither?

Thanks

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That strategy is not cheap on your part. It is actually REALLY cheap on his part, putting his best WR in the 4 spot to take advantage of CPU mis-matches. You should probably report your opponent, because that is cheese.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

for strategy purposes you could highlight the player using L2 and whatever button the player is.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont believe it is allowed to put your highest rated WR at #4. Unless it is like 1 or 2 point difference in overall.

IMO it seems like he has some plays where WR# 4 gets open alot.........

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Probably a moot point anyway since you can take your WR #1 and put him just about anywhere using the formation subs.

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I would report it also. If its his #1 WR, he should be in the 1 or 2 spot.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That falls under mixing it up, though. Sure, create a mismatch if you want, but you can't do it EVERY play in EVERY game.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

That is not allowed please contact your commish

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I believe the point is this guy is playing his best WR (seemingly OVR or whatever based) as his #4 WR. And the point is that this guy is getting the most touches, leading to believe hey this guy is passing exclusively to this #4 WR...why is that?...

10. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Just a question, who do you manually control on defense killa?

If defensive matchups were in NCAA this wouldn't be a problem, but yeah I think its cheap because the defense doesn't pay attention to who is lined up where so they will always be guarded by the 3rd or 4th CB.

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

sounds kinda stupid if you ask me..... if he is consistently playing his best WR at the 4 spot... does he ever go 3 wide? or 2 wide? if so his best WR is on the bench.... now if he is consistently spreading the field and keeping his guy in the slot... thats a block of cheddar in my view... reason being your are purposely matching your best WR against inferior defenders..... lame

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Definitely cheesy.

There are PLENTY of ways to get the #1 and #2 the most receptions.

And, obviously, there are some cheesy stuff you can do with the 3rd and 4th WRs that makes it where it's REALLY easy to get them open (especially against the computer and it's retarded zone coverages against 4 and 5 WR sets).

13. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

To be specific his 3 and 4 wr are an 87 rating both while his 1 and 2 are 84 or 85 respectively. #4 wr has about 50 catches while #1 has about 15 catches.

I don't bring it up to call him out but to figure out how to stop it....this is pretty common in non tf leagues. I just want to figure out the best ay to win....
    Also I typically control either d end or MLB

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this...

if your going to throw to him all the time... he needs to be at 1 or 2.

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

He may have been previosly injured and got moved down the depth chart so his packages would actually work. Have you talked to him about it?

16. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll send him a pm

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I was thinking that before I posted my defense suggestion. However, in most ODs I play in I haven't seen the person removed or lowered from depth chart. I remove the player from depth chart when I remember. In Evolution dynasty I removed my top WR so I would not forget he was injured.

I have to remember to check my other dynasty where my top WR is hurt, don't remember if he was removed from depth chart.

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The only reason I can see him putting his #1 rated receiver at the #4 slot would be to take advantage in 4-5 WR sets. And this would bleed cheese. Especially if the said receiver has the most catches on the team. He is taking advantage of LBs and 3-4th CBs coverage of his receiver. Not Acceptable

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That's exactly what it is. Either taking advantage of a 3rd or 4th db/safety or running under routes vs zone and crushing linebackers. Complete Velveeta, and if I remember my TF doctrine is specifically against the rules.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

generally..

I put my bigger (height and weight) recievers at 1 and 2...

smaller, quicker (not faster) guys at 3 and 4

edit: I also use my receivers a lot on options tho

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

ok what's his speed rating and the other ratings?

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

Honestly I don't see why u DON'T put your best guys out there...hence the reason why i feel there maybe some fire because of the smoke.

Honestly with the way the CPU and users been BNR me, I've been thinking about putting my big 6'6" WR on one side, have my top WR on the other and have my other speedster in the slot.

23. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

If I have a stong WR group and my fastest receiver is under 6'0 I usually move him into the slot position or use my packages where I can move him to the slot. I think it's georgia's playpook that has a goal line fade type play therefore I would want my tallest receiver there unless I'm giving up a lot in the jumping, catching, and catch in traffic ratings. But with his best one being 4th on the DC it's cheese or injury related like I mentioned before. Like its been said, talk to him and your commish about it.

24. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Yep I see alot of that, especially with people manually speed rushing the DE's

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cheeeeeeeese! Didn't we lock you in a dumpster?

Yeah, I got out.

Glad to see ya did, man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.