Issue & conversation with HulkHagen-Packers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Issue & conversation with HulkHagen-Packers

He and I played last nite.
    Game was relatvely clean until he sprinted right with QB and threw a TD pass to TE while QB was well outside numbers.

I did not stop game at this point. A couple of drives later he did the same exact thing to the same player for another TD.

I then stopped game and notified him that this against omfl rules. His response was, he asked me to show him the rule after the game and I said sure.
    Well, the servers dropped us late in the third with me up 13. He immediately told me to finish vs CPU as he couldn't comeback with all the rules imposed that would inhibit a mobile QB like Rogers to do his thing.

I told him I wanted to restart and play 1 qtr with me having 13 pt lead. He agreed.

Once game was over he told me that the omfl was maybe not for him and he wanted to talk to the board about simplifying and/or taking some rules out. He kept comparing us to pmfl and suggested we lighten up on rules sorta how pmfl does.

My feeling after our convo is that he will be a loose cannon gameplay wise as he doesn't agree with our rules, so I wouldn't expect him to abide by them.

I would suggest a gameplay warning for his QB rollouts .

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm seriously laughing out loud when anybody compares us to the PMFL.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I told bruce to try and talk him out of his ownership. i find it a joke to tell us to take our rules out, most of the rules were added because we were 'too loose'. point is no one is ever happy. imo hes not what the omfl needs and i'll be glad when he leaves and i can get one of these ex-omflers back in.

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

QB rollouts are one of my biggest pet peeves. I agree with Jeremy about the warming.

5. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I got banned with Jeff Garcia's rollouts a few seasons ago, lol. No way can Rodgers do that!

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Our rules are pretty open in that area I mean its not a big deal to roll out just dont throw past the numbers. If he thinks the league is not for him just because something like that let him go, we have a mile long waiting list.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

any word on this?

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Hulk is unhappy about the rule stating you can't throw a pass outside the numbers, said its unrealistic. But he is staying in the league.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have talked to him we had a great convo.

He is going to work on his game, understands the rules and asks for a second chance to make a first impression.

I give it to him, but will have a close watch on his game.

Thx.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Here is the convo,

My quesiton was this.

Hulk got a couple issues that have come up from a player I respect and whos opionion is unquestioned.

I need to talk to you about a passing roll out issue and about your dedication to the league.

Here is what went down.

MMBRUCE80 (10:26:15 AM): i am now
    hulk_hagen_55@yahoo.com (10:26:24 AM): cool
    MMBRUCE80 (10:26:32 AM): so what happened
    hulk_hagen_55@yahoo.com (10:28:54 AM): i was fustrated with myself and i was unaware or a scrabling/pass rule. i was informed of that rule, so i made sure i didnt do it again, then after the game as i was looking for it, i realized how lengthy the gameplay rules were, including pass%/run% and was put off, now that i have gotten some rest im alright( worked 26 hours in a 48 hour period)
    hulk_hagen_55@yahoo.com (10:29:53 AM): i dunno, it just seemed like some of the rules are there to limit gameplay styles rather than limit cheese
    hulk_hagen_55@yahoo.com (10:33:36 AM): but i cleared myhead, and i fully understand all the rules and will make sure it wont boher me again, and it wont be a problem again

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

The run/pass percentages are guidelines not hard rules.