Issue last night - a board issue - our proposal to fix

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 22, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok. I am not going to get into the details or personal feelings of what went on last night. Problem is it had to do with me and would have been handled totally different had it been a normal owner. Not just my dealings but the board as a whole. We can not simply run past things simply because we are tired and have worked hard. It matters and it should matter to all of us. I am by far the least perfect person in here, which is why we have a board. If it were all about me I'd call the shots and those who didn't like it could leave, but I am not that way and I'll never be that way. We had guys making decisions last night that shouldn't have been and we were so quick to get this over we just ran past a lot of things that we shouldn't have. Again, this offseason, we are learning as we go and getting better.

Overall the draft was a huge success. The forum draft was better than anything I could imagine and the other sections went smooth as possible. Few small issues, one that blew up, but all fixable.

After the issue with Sci a few offseasons ago we totally rearranged the board to take some of the power out of my hands and leave me (commish) as a head overseer and not a decision maker, unless a tie was involved.

After last night I was done with the drama and the issues and handed this puppy over to Jeremy. Jeremy will only do it if I stayed as co-commish. That, imo, is not a better solution since it would put Jeremy in a position of overseer and me in a position of making more calls. I like what we set up and why we set it up this way. This allows me to do what I do well and we have put guys who do what they do well in positions to make the league grow.

So my suggestion is to help remind everyone what they are to do, and supply a power chain, so to speak, of who is in charge and who makes calls when others are not around.

Here is what you are currently agreeing too as a board member:

Nate - (Commish, General League Oversight, Rule Committee - deciding vote, Trade Committee - deciding vote) - I will commit to getting my article done each week, unless out of town, in which case I will do my very best to get it done. I will also commit to doing a Hot Seat interview each month at minimum. I commit to responding to each and ever summary, to show that someone is reading them, and will be here to oversee the general workings of the league. I have all decision power when it comes to team swaps, or major infractions in the league. I am on the rules committee and trade committee, which means I can submit rule proposals and I will be voting on new rule submissions and the same for trades. Basically I am the deciding vote if there is a tie.

Jeremy - (Co-Commish, Head of Rule Committee, Head over Trade Review Panel) - Co-commish is in full power when Commish is gone, making decisions when I am not around, and helping me keep things running smoothly around here. The co-commish's main goal will to watch over the AFC and NFC Reps to make sure they are doing well. Co-commish is the head of the rules committee, and it is their job to make sure all rules are voted upon and that current issues are being dealt with via the rules. They are also in charge of brining any and all suggestions or submissions to improving the rules and our systems in the OMFL. Co-commish is also the head of the trades committee, and it is their job to make sure all trades are voted upon and that the appropriate parties are notified when a trade is turned down or accepted. They should make sure all trade threads are done correctly and things are done proper for all trades in the OMFL. Co-commish is also in charge of brining any and all suggestions or submissions to improving the way we do trades and our systems in the OMFL. Co-Commish should vote and discuss all post regarding any of the above committees.

Bruce - (NFC President, Rules Committee, Trade Review Committee) - Bruce is our NFC President. NFC president has to make sure that all games are being scheduled, played, and summaries written on all games that include the NFC. All NFC complaints about rules being broken or cheese play will be filed through NFC Rep, Co-commish, and Commish. The commish (or co-commish) and PR Rep will decide what needs to be done in those situations and will notify the NFC rep. NFC Rep is on the rules committee which means that he has full right to call a vote on a rule submission and to vote on all rule submissions. NFC Rep is also on the Trade Review Panel which means he has the ability to call the vote on all trades and he should be voting on all trades. NFC Rep should vote and discuss all post regarding any of the above committees.

Dunn - (AFC President, Rule Committee, Trade Review Committee) - Dunn is our AFC President. AFC president has to make sure that all games are being scheduled, played, and summaries written on all games that include the AFC. All AFC complaints about rules being broken or cheese play will be filed through AFC Rep, Co-commish, and Commish. The commish (or co-commish) and PR Rep will decide what needs to be done in those situations and will notify the AFC rep. AFC Rep is on the rules committee which means that he has full right to call a vote on a rule submission and to vote on all rule submissions. AFC Rep is also on the Trade Review Panel which means he has the ability to call the vote on all trades and he should be voting on all trades. AFC Rep should vote and discuss all post regarding any of the above committees.

SaintsDave - ( Head of Free Agency, Trade Review Committee, Rankings Input Manager) - Head of Free Agency position is responsible for Free Agency in both the season and offseason. This position is in total charge of Free agency, which means that they are to watch over, close, and post winner of free agency throughout the season and also to run the blind bidding in the offseason. Since this position is the head of the free agency, it is their job to make sure all FAs are approved, winners posted, threads closed, re-votes made, ect. They should make sure all FA threads are done correctly and things are done proper for all FAs in the OMFL. They are also in charge of brining any and all suggestions or submissions to improving the way we do FAs and our systems in the OMFL. Head of FA's is also on the Trade Review Panel which means they have the ability to call the vote on all trades and they should be voting on all trades. Head of FA's should vote and discuss all post regarding any of the above committees. Head of FA's also commits to inputting all the information from all the games into the TF rankings system. They will be responsible for taking over all systems of how they Rankings are updated and posted. It is their job to run it the way he wants and to make sure it is done.

ColtJames - (Cap Book Rep, Rules Committee) - CapBook Rep is in charge of keeping track and managing team management threads, and managing and updating league Cap book. They will be responsible for taking over all systems of how cap book and team management threads are updated and posted. It is their job to run it the way they want. CapBook Rep is on the rules committee which means that he has full right to call a vote on a rule submission and to vote on all rule submissions. CapBook Rep should vote and discuss all post regarding any of the above committees.

Badabing - (League Media Rep - Game Scheduling, Media Commitments) - League Media Rep is over the Game scheduling, and is committed to continue getting a thread up each week, to give an update with what games are NOT scheduled or agreed upon. They are also committing to be over the Game summaries post. This simply means that each week they should have a post of what summaries are yet to be posted and he should keep track of guys who do not post a summary and turn that into the AFC/NFC rep each week so that maybe taken care of. League Media Rep also commits to making sure that those who have committed to articles and media are actually doing those articles and media each week or whatever was agreed to.

CoachWest - (League PR Rep - Conflict Resolution Ombudsman, Recruiter for OMFL ) - League PR Rep consist of Conflict Resolution Ombudsman, and recruiter for the OMFL. Ombudsman means that they are committing to making sure that all complaints are taken care of in a timely manner, and they are to stay in touch with commish and co-commish about all complaints and the process in which those complaints and owners are taken care of. They are in charge of all complaints and systems and owners in the OMFL. Their suggestion carries heavy weight, and should be a board member who can balance kindness, opportunity to fix issues, and keeping the OMFL clean. They League PR Rep will be responsible for the way all owners are delt with when needing to be corrected. NFC and AFC rep should receive the complaint along with co-commish, commish. The said parties will then discuss action to be taken and the AFC/NFC Rep will be notified with the process taken on the complaint and owner. League PR Rep should also make sure the OMFL is being published for everyone to know about our league. It is their job to make sure that all league openings are being posted and filled as fast as possible. They are to also make sure that the league waiting list is staying as full as possible, and to make sure that list is being stayed in touch with and those owners are still interested and around. They are to also notify these owners that the OMFL is a pay league, and make sure that new owners are handled by their AFC/NFC Rep in a timely manner.

Milkos - (Free Agency Assistant, Cap Book Assistant) - FA and CapBook Assistant is committing to helping with in season and offseason Free Agency and CapBook. They will be overseen and even directed by Capbook Rep and FA Rep on what needs to be done. This position is committing to helping the Cap Book Rep with keeping track of team management threads and updating of cap book.

Win is not a board member, and hence has no board powers. We (Jeremy and myself) have decided to allow him to have board access and be a floater because that is what win does the best. Win will not have a board member spot for a while because it does him no good. He was a very high board member and even co-commish before quitting 3 other times. This go around we have put him in a position that works for him and for the league, where everyone is happy. With this said Win has no decision making power, only to be here to help float for capbook and fas to to help do what he does best - innovate.

Here is the power chain that we are suggesting:
    1. Commish
    2. Co-Commish
    3. AFC Rep
    4. NFC Rep
    5. Cap Book Rep
    6. Head of FAs
    7. League PR Rep
    8. League Media Rep
    9. Ast Rep

This means that when a decision, such as last night, such as the trades which were getting out of hand, needs to be made immediatly and quickly; we start at the head of that list and work our way down till we find a person who is around. That person has the power to make that call - and it stands.

In the issue last night with the trades, a few board members discussed it, was getting out of hand, I made a call and put an end before the draft. It's something that can be fixed for this offseason coming.

In the issue with me, I being commish should have paused the draft, and then worked our way down the line to ask for a decision on what needed to be done.

This keeps people in power who are in power and gives us a chain of command to allow for quick decisions to be made.

We have a good thing here. I've got issues like the rest of you, but I'm trying to put this in peoples hands who can help us all maximize on our strengths and work on weaknesses.

You are free to tell me exactly what you think so that we can move forward.

2. natedawg212000

this is the whole convo from last night - i never said "BS" i never blew up and what was told to me was not the truth.

colts are not next
    i am
    (winuvaschiefs) Zach Lewis
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) 61 overall
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) HB
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) zach lewis is gone
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) Browns pick
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) To who?
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) nate you have to work this out with ND
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) dolphins
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) replacement for simon
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) Sonuva
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) you traded a pick that didn't exist
    [OMFLBoard]
    huh?
    (winuvaschiefs) Keith Newman
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) HB
    [OMFLBoard]
    (winuvaschiefs) 59 overall
    [OMFLBoard]
    everyone knew that
    it was basically a filler
    (badabing319) but you can't fill with nothing
    [OMFLBoard]
    (coachwestofesi@gmail.com) ok guys I need a pick
    [OMFLBoard]
    lol the trade was passed, i dont see the problem you cant just takea pick away from me without telling me
    (coachwestofesi@gmail.com) guys
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) we made it clear int he forums
    [OMFLBoard]
    (coachwestofesi@gmail.com) ....
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) that the pick had to be adjusted to a 5th
    [OMFLBoard]
    made what clear?
    (badabing319) b/c there is no 6th
    [OMFLBoard]
    no it wasn't
    (coachwestofesi@gmail.com) on the thread
    [OMFLBoard]
    thats a lie
    (badabing319) wow
    [OMFLBoard]
    no way i would have agreed to do that
    (badabing319) should we void your trade then?
    [OMFLBoard]
    (badabing319) because it's not a real pick
    [OMFLBoard]
    lol wow
    you guys finish this yourself
    i am outta here
    (badabing319) really?

I agree - I shouldnt have left, but i needed 2 mins to cool off, thats it.

when i came back this is what was said:

(badabing319) the two can work it out on their own and take whoever they want as a free agent
    [OMFLBoard]
    (coachwestofesi@gmail.com) I agree
    [OMFLBoard]
    (kap20072009) he bumped it

3. natedawg212000

never was it said, lets pause and figure out, never was it posted that the pick was taken from me. bottom line is we did something that shouldnt have been done but i am not the bad guy here and its not always my fault.

i was colts here. i broke rules and made up new ones to give him his team. i asked him to come here. i am not sure what 'drama' he means but if my 2 min break is the drama then I am sorry. i needed 2 mins. its wrong then i am sorry. ill do better. again, i dont feel what i typed and said was horrible.

4. natedawg212000

i am not 100% clear on what the issue at hand is. i've heard from more than one person that you keep saying 'all the drama' and I am not sure what 'drama' you mean. i've posted what i had to say about last night in the forums for board members. if me leaving is what pissed you off, since you said i was a little school girl for what i feel is being a grown up and taking a short breather before blowing up over something small, then i am sorry. i did nothing wrong. i left for 2 mins. i posted the whole convo in the board room. now if theres other drama other issue or the real problem is you have your mind made up of who i am before you even know me - then thats on you my friend. i am willing to meet in the middle, i am willing to go further than that and smooth this over and apologize, and i have. i am sorry for leaving but imo it was the right thing to do.

let it be said i want you here. i am not sure what your real issue is or what this other 'drama' that youre pissed about is, but the ball is in your court. can't say that me or the omfl didnt try and make things work with you. i've done everything in my power, including changing our rules to get you your favorite team.

i am sorry and i want you to stay. rest is up to you.

that is what i sent to colt. i dont want anyone to again twist my words. i am trying to do what's right, like i always do.

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Appreciate the note to James - hopefully we can get him back. We have nobody on the waiting list right now - can't afford to lose quality guys. You have done your part - time for him to do his.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have a question on this.

It has yet to happen, and probably won't, but what happens if all of you happen to NOT be on AIM, and I am, and a decision has to be made on something? Like I said, highly doubtful, but what if? Am I allowed to say something then and be backed, or just be a cushion and say "ask someone else"?

I have some other thoughts, but I'd rather speak one on one with folks about them.

7. natedawg212000

yes, that's fine with me. you can make the call. i also dont mind other guys talking amongst yourselves to get a decision.