Issue

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Issue

Sorry for the late advance, but it brings up something we need to discuss.

At 10:40, AMP was down 14-0 in the second quarter. I was checking because I thought we'd be delayed. Well, that game never finished. For whatever reason, AMP signed off, and won the sim.

Gonna need to hear an explanation. This is the kind of thing that needs to be posted.

AG

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

EA kicked me man. I simmed it back to the end of the 2nd. I'm still down want me to sim it?

After reading the post I immediately quit this game so it can be simmed that way nobody will be upset.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I showed you as offline, so I advanced the league. You won the sim. Nothing we can do about it now, but expect some heat from the fellas.

Am I understanding correctly that you say you were still in the game, but kicked off XBL, so I only thought you had quit?

Just checking.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just like Bowden you are going to have to give back some wins. An entire division of computer coaches is easy enough.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! That's pretty huge. The #1 recruit in the country signed with FSU after that simmed victory. I'd bet that there's a very real possibility that if FSU had lost that game he would've signed with Florida instead. Who knows how many other recruits will also be signed because of this simmed win.

I'm not sayin'.

I'm just sayin'.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

NO SHIT! I had that guy coming in week 6 and I know I would have had a damn good chance at landing him. Good to know I wasted all that time on that guy.(n)(n)

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How do you get booted from a cpu game. I'll be playing online dynasty games against the cpu all the time and will unplug the internet so my girlfriend can use the cpu. All I do is plug the cord back in at the end of the game and it saves just fine. I'm not an internet whiz or anything so I could be wrong. I got work all day tomorrow so hopefully you guys can figure this out.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Need more info.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It sucks that this is even being discussed...I wish there was someway for the XBox to send a message to the league commissioner telling him what went down.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Even if the EA servers boot you, your still on xbox live. There is a difference.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

...and if you're booted from xbox live (like what happened to me earlier this week which I reported here) you can still reconnect after the game and it'll upload just fine.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Man, oh man.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You can't get boooted by EA when playing the CPU. Cpu games are run from your xbox, the only time the servers come into play is when the game is over and the servers save your data.

15. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Expected the heat. I just lost the connection guys. Look, to make everyone happy, sim the next one. I didn't even get to recruit (except for the Baker, because I planned his campus activities and called him) because it was simmed and the league advanced. So, I take a hit in recruiting this week, and I have a real shot at a loss next week.

I've never been this kind of player, and most of the guys around here know that. The guys who don't know me, I expected what I've read so far and understand how you feel. I've been around since the start and besides being half-back pass happy, I've never had a problem here. So, with that said, not sure what else to say besides sorry it happened.

16. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I was kicked this weekend during a game. Lost connection to the net. However, I was able to get it back and sign back on. It counted the game which was a shocker

17. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This was my understanding as well. Amp, can you tell us exactly what happened in a little more detail? Did it instantaneously boot you out of the game? Did you get a message? Not saying I don't believe you, but it will certainly make everyone feel a little better if we know what happened. It's one thing when a restart happens when you're up by 2 td's, but when you're down and it happens most people are going to have doubts regardless of how long you've been around. I would expect to get all these questions if I was in your shoes, and I'm sure even AG would. Try not to take it too personally.

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is what I think he's trying to tell us:

He got disconnected while playing the game. He was still playing the game when I checked to see if he was done. I saw that he had been offline for about 10 minutes, and thought he bailed on the game. I advanced. He was still in the game, but wasn't connected, so the advance happened without him. He saw my post, and decided not to finish the game.

This is my understanding, at least. But, to be honest - low activity + way cheesy stats vs. FIU + this ... I think the guys without much history here are seeing stuff pile up more than the guys who have been here from the start. Frankly, I can understand. The rest of us ... well, we'll just groan a bit when Jermaine Thomas jumps out to a huge Heisman lead again, and keep playing.

Just trying to get the right handle on things.

AG

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How about we let AMP reply before we give him anymore excuses.

20. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

AG, your dead on, however I doubt I convince everyone and this is just getting dumb. Either give me a penalty or whatever just so this can be over. And again, I called myself out for the FIU stats (thanks AG :D) and Thomas isn't even in the Heisman running.

Cole, sorry your upset. Can't spell suck without the U:rolleyes:

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I get what happened now. I didn't understand the first time.

But Amp, while you're holding it down with the trash talk (not saying it doesn't add value, because it does sometimes), I'm thinking most of us would be more appreciative if you refocused some of that energy on posting, blogging, and keeping your stats under control. This is meant to be a league where guys don't need to be reminded about those sorts of things.

22. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

You're exactly right DAZ. I should spend more time posting information about games and recruiting. So for that guys, I am sorry and will get back on track tonight with my blogger section and recruiting. Thanks DAZ for keeping me grounded.:)

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This statement still makes no sense to me. You can't get kicked from a user vs cpu game period. So why the need to start a second?

This one bothers me as well. Basically to me he is saying whatever just sim my next game and let me know when this all goes away.

Again whatever, can we just move on and forget that this happened. Maybe I'm the only one that cares but his story smells of Swiss to me. It's funny that Jmill plays a great game against me and a third of the league blows up about one play, but when coach Sim does this it's just another ho-hum moment. I thought in this league something like this would be taken more seriously. Oh and Sim you can't spell quit without the U either.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I understand where Cole is going here.

Truth is, something doesn't feel right about this. AMP's been a round a long time, and perhaps he deserves the gentle treatment he's been getting, but Cole is also right - you guys were way too harsh on jmill the other day, and were one of the new guys faced with this kind of situation, we'd all crawl right up his nether-regions looking for answers.

Basically, there's what I want to think, and then there's what I'd bet on if I had to risk my mortgage. The first is with AMP, and the second is with Cole. Smart money says there's a problem here.

It's not just a loss, but the #1 overall recruit and a potential title shot down the line. There's a lot on the line. We need to sort this out.

Guys, I'm asking for a bit of skepticism here. AMP is one of our finest, but no one gets a pass. I hope this doesn't ruffle too many feathers, but I think we need to look at this more closely.

I hate to open up this kind of thing, but Cole has a point.

25. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Well, I wasn't going to weigh in on this as I've been a bit too harsh on others recently, but here goes.

This stinks for so many reasons. First of all, like Cole pointed out, AMP claims that he was booted from his GAME and had to start again. XBox Live does NOT DO THIS, and we all know that it's impossible.

If I had to bet, I believe he did we we've all been tempted to do - he was losing to a team he never expected to be losing to, and he quit.

AMP, sorry, but your willingness to take sims (that you know you'll win anyways) is completely uncharacterisitic. If you believed that you were in the right here, you'd be fighting tooth and nail, not saying that you'd be willing to take sims.

And as Dat mentioned, AMP also hasn't been doing any blog work at all. He hadn't put a post up since PRE-SEASON. Plus some seriously un-sim stat padding. If we were basing giving a guy a break based on league activity, there should be no break at all.